Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 5:52:22 PM EDT
Ok, I know they are but how in the hell can they still get paid and represent their panty waisted constituents while they are NEVER in Washington ??
When are their terms up ?
Do you think they will be re elected after they get their asses kicked in November ?
And one final thought......I wonder how they will be treated next year in the Senate ?   No positions of power and after all the bullshit and LIES, will they catch hell ?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  Unlike Bob Dole, who resigned before beginning his campaign.

It isn't right that they can shirk their duties while campaigning.  If I was a constituent of either, I would be raising holy hell.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#2]
have senators campaigning for the office of President traditionally resigned their posts to get on the campaign trail? it wouldn't surprise me if these two dipshits were the first ones not to.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, in 2000 Lieberman ran for both VP and Senate in CT.  At the time there was some controversy about the legality.  I think he was the first person to ever stand on two Federal level ballots in the same election.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I think LBJ ran for VP and Senator at the same time.  BTW, the only difference between John Gotti and LBJ was that Gotti wore much nicer suits.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:14:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, they want something to fall back on.  Can't blame em for that.  Cuz they are gonna lose!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Kinda like Lieberman in 2000.

ETA:  +1 what Jeepster said
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#7]
President Bush seems to be spending just as much time running for office as the Democratic candidates.

It makes me wonder if he is getting anything else done lately...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
President Bush seems to be spending just as much time running for office as the Democratic candidates.

It makes me wonder if he is getting anything else done lately...

What has he not gotten done ?
As far as I'm concerned, he's doing the best for the nation by running for re-election.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#9]
senators have to be in dc to vote
the president can make decisions anywhere, even in one of those blue construction site toilets
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I did not say he is not doing his job. I said it (his constant campaigning) makes me wonder if he is getting anything else done lately.

I don't know what he is or is not getting done. Do you?

As for Kerry, every day he is not doing his job is a good day for all of us.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I did not say he is not doing his job. I said it (his constant campaigning) makes me wonder if he is getting anything else done lately.

And I said I consider his running for re-election "doing something lately"

I don't know what he is or is not getting done. Do you?

Well I know if the liberal media or the democRATS could find ANYTHING he wasn't doing that he was supposed to be doing they would be on it like stink on shit.

As for Kerry, every day he is not doing his job is a good day for all of us.

Agreed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top