Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2001 11:14:44 AM EDT
I obviously exclude all of our lovely spouses and significant others but it seems to me about every pregnant woman I see is obviously poor and equally obviously fat.  (No, I don't mean fat with child, I mean fat with or without.)
Is this just an Oklahoma Phenom ??
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#1]
As a qualified expert in this area.  It maybe a local heifer problem.  There has been a few more pregnancies after the 9/11.  But thin and fat.  Most women gain 20-30lbs per pregnancy, but obviously a lot of women gain more.  You also have to wonder who is getting all these fat ladies pregnant.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 11:24:54 AM EDT
[#2]
btt
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#3]
5subslr5, you need to get out of the trailer park more often.  [:D]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#4]
You forgot unwed! My wife and I have been unable to have children. The first child of the new year(2001) here in Tulsa was to an unwed 16 year-old. I came home to find my wife crying that day. [:(]

docmac86
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#5]
[img]http://www.kb.dk/fotomuseum/udlfot/udl1950/fm000049.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#6]
MAJOR !!  I had no idea you knew her too.

Renamed - when you've an exceptionally valuable 10'X30' like mine you must stay around to protect.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#7]
docmac - I know your situation is no laughing matter.

I know I wouldn't know how to explain only to hold her tight.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#8]
As much as I hate Harvey Danger, I almost have to agree with the statement that "only stupid people are breeding."  And the influx of illegitimate teen pregancy is almost wholly to blame.  Stupid people having and raising kids.

And all this comes at the expense of those that are responsible and pay taxes.  As Phil Grahm said, "When there are more people riding in the wagon than are pulling the wagon, something's going to break."

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought having kids is what caused poverty and obesity!  

Do you think the two women in that photo were doing aerobics?  Maybe they're just watching a workout video.  Some people think they can attach electrodes to their bodies and exercise while not doing anything.  Such is life in America, circa 2001.  

Lots of healthy and sexy moms in my neck of the woods, just fyi.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#10]
"Trickshot" maybe "ARDOC" is right and there's just a local heifer problem.  If so somebody's got to repair the fences.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#11]
In SHTF scenario, it's better to have a fat woman than a skinny one, because you be able to survive at least a week longer on the extra meat.

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 12:46:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 2:06:03 PM EDT
[#13]
You guys are forgeting, some guys like them big! Nature has a way of providing every living being a chance to procreate.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 2:15:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You guys are forgeting, some guys like them big! Nature has a way of providing every living being a chance to procreate.
View Quote

Yes, but grossly obese women have problems getting pregnant and if they do manage, they have problems.  Diabeties comes to mind...

And forget that crap about fat people surviving famine better.  That only works with animals that have no intellect.  I would say dumb fat animals survive but dumb skinny ones do not.  This is why all skinny people are smart and some fat people are dumb...

:)  Chill tubbies.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I've always regretted only having one child, and even at age 49, if Miz Hun and I ever got divorced, the first thing I'd do is to meet some young thing for the purpose of having another child, or two, or more.

Is that sooo wrong?

Yes siree! I'd find me a young lady to whom I could give wisdom and knowledge from my venerable old head, while she would give me youthful exhuberance from her young heart.

At other times I would give her heart, she would give me head.

Eric The(FilthyOldMan)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 11/28/2001 2:39:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 3:31:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn "Waldo" that's graphic !
I should have said in my original post that I don't care about the poor chubby lady nor the  penniless skinny husband but I feel deeply sorry for the children.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 4:09:33 PM EDT
[#19]
We have three women pregnant where I work. All three are sales goddesses. None are fat. None are poor.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Area: rampart, los angeles CA (where I work)
you can drive down beverly blvd. on anyday and see, on just one block, multi fat moms with two dirty kids walking behind her. Shes pregnant pushing a stroller with her last newborn inside. You know she'll hit 250 when she squezes the next out. They are all over this area its a sad sight.
BALOO.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
..[:(]the court order I got says I cant as a condition of my plea bargain[:(]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#22]
When you get more free cheese for squirting out another fat monkey baby.  All the pigs do is breed.  Maybe they hang out by prisons, I cannot figure who would nail those disgusting tibs of guts but somebody does.
 My car broke down a few years ago in the trashy part of town, the nearest phone was in the welfare office. It looked like a Weight Watchers drop out convention.  All kinds of lazy pigs lining up for free money and socializing, I wanted to puke.  The civil servant was indignant that I asked for a phone and got rude.  I politely said, " Hey, phuck you buddy, my car broke down I am not here for your god damned stamps." He suddendly said, " Oh, cool use my phone."
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:17:29 PM EDT
[#23]
obviously poor and equally obviously fat.
View Quote

I like to call that anti-Darwinism.  Now that the weak are having children at a faster rate than the strong, rather than culling-out the bad, we are culling-out the good.  Even if educated people had the same average number of children, there's still a problem because the rate at which the uneducated have children is faster.  In other words, when educated women have kids for the first time at an average of 28 years-old (after 7 years of school to get a BS and masters plus 3 years of marriage) as compared to 18 for the high school drop-outs, the descendants of the drop-outs increase in numbers much faster.  As an example, if one group has an average of three kids at 18 and the other at 28 years-old, and assuming their descendants continue to do the same, then in 252 years, the educated will have 19,683 descendants, and the uneducated will have 4,782,969 descendants.  It gets worse at 1008 years.  The stupid outnumber the smart by 3.5 billion to one.  Scary stuff!  They're growing in numbers exponentially faster!z
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#24]
zoom, statistics like that scare the hell out of me.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:32:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
And forget that crap about fat people surviving famine better.  That only works with animals that have no intellect.  I would say dumb fat animals survive but dumb skinny ones do not.  This is why all skinny people are smart and some fat people are dumb...
View Quote

Not all skinny people are smart, I say good luck to vegetarians in a famine.  What're they gonna do when there's no trendy market selling soy milk and boca burgers?
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:40:52 AM EDT
[#26]
I like to call that anti-Darwinism. Now that the weak are having children at a faster rate than the strong, rather than culling-out the bad, we are culling-out the good.
View Quote

When Darwin spoke of "survival of the fittest", he didn't mean "fitness" in the sense of physical fitnesss.  He was speaking in terms of adaptation to the environment.  The "fittest" organism in the Darwinian sense is the one that "fits" best into whatever ecological niche is available.  

Consider, for instance, two prairie dogs: one is an ordinary 5 pound prairie dog and the other is a giant 15 pound super-mutant.  In a steel cage match, the bigger animal has an obvious advantage -- but that's not the environment in which prairie dogs live.  Suppose, instead, that they're out in a typical prairie dog town, feeding on the surface.  What happens when a hungry coyote approaches?  The ordinary prairie dog can dive down the nearest tunnel entrance while Mr. Super Dog is too big to fit.  Guess who winds up as coyote chow. [;)]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:51:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Think about this:

All of the inovations that have taken place in the field of appearance.  Plastic surgery, capped teeth, braces, implants.
All of these services can only be afforded by the well-to-do.
These procedures obscure, or hide genetic faults and weaknesses.  
You see what APPEARS to be a lean healthy woman or man, with perfect teeth and good skin.  In actuality, they are a genetic mess.  In the wild, their appearance would have originally cried out: "Poor breeding stock! Stay away!
Now, however, we're being fooled by "enhanced appearances".
You then breed with them, and are surprised that the kids turned out so awful -no problem, however, just send them to the surgeon...
We're weakening the gene pool.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:09:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Gentle People,
What set me off was a visit to scope-out a local pawnshop for potential gun-type bargains.  (I found none.)
This guy and the preg's wife were carrying in their 20" portable TV to pawn - what appeared to be the wife's mother held the door.  He and the M-I-L immediately returned to their mini-van that hold four more children with oldest maybe 6-7 yrs. old.
He returned to eating a cup of ice cream while the kids who had none howled.
Must admit he was a striking fashion figure with Bermuda Shorts, white socks and sandals.  Hubbie and wife looked to be in their mid-twenties.
Again, I only care about the kids who at that young age already have about two strikes against them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top