Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 7:01:49 AM EDT
If someone is saying one thing in public, but then doing something different in private, IE email's....Is it ok to expose those emails?

Please post your reasoning for Yes or No answers.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:10:38 AM EDT
[#1]
If it's just an argument between two private individuals, then I'd say they are not.

If one entity (person) is a business or agency, then I say everything is fair game.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:15:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If it's just an argument between two private individuals, then I'd say they are not.

If one entity (person) is a business or agency, then I say everything is fair game.

+1
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#3]
If it affects people, POST EM!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:18:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you refering to emails between you and someone else, or are you a third party?

Is there a expected amount of privacy between you and the other person?

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:20:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes.  They sent me the e-mail, its my property to do with whatever I please
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:55:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+2
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:57:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+2

spot on.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:00:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:01:25 AM EDT
[#9]
RamboHand . . . that rhymes with AmmoMan.  Curious.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:02:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I agree with Woblin-Goblin except in cases where the private individual turns another private individual into a newt.

Then we need to make public and burn the E-mail.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Post the farking emails already.  The suspense is killing me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:05:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I agree with Woblin-Goblin except in cases where the private individual turns another private individual into a newt.

Then we need to make public and burn the E-mail.

What if he gets bettah?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:07:10 AM EDT
[#13]
In my state only one party of a conversation needs be informed of it being recorded. I see no difference with E-mails.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:07:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Definately ok unless they are like steamy hot email mail private sex love letters.....then its even better
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:16:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Its just a cut and paste.  It really can't be proven to be the actual email, so I say post away.  I find it funny when the upset person snips out just the portion they want you to read and not the paragraph of them berating the other party.  

Anyone who reads emails and IM's posted on the internet and trusts that they are 100% accurate needs to recheck their thinking.  It's just characters on a screen and there is always two sides to a story.  

For Example:

To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, February 30, 2045 76:80:101 AM
Subject: RE: Need your opinion....

Hey George, I say we strike first, why wait for our allies over there to be attacked?  Also, lets set up some sort of US owned oil fields after the dust settles, I am getting sick of paying $2.50 per gallon for gas and the battle for the Alaskan oil seems to be a bigger fight than us just occupying some key real esatae over there.  

Also, tell Dick my prayers are with him and his buddy.  -darwindog

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, February 30, 2045 53:99:101 AM
Subject: Need your opinion....

Hey darwindog, What do you think I should do about Iran?  lemme know  -George

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#16]
"Anyone who reads emails and IM's posted on the internet and trusts that they are 100% accurate needs to recheck their thinking."

+1,000,000
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:31:02 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

For Example:

Hey George, I say we strike first, why wait for our allies over there to be attacked?  Also, lets set up some sort of US owned oil fields after the dust settles, I am getting sick of paying $2.50 per gallon for gas and the battle for the Alaskan oil seems to be a bigger fight than us just occupying some key real esatae over there.  

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#18]
No different than having a conversation.  You can ask the other person not to disclose, but they can choose to do so if they wish.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:50:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Its just a cut and paste.  It really can't be proven to be the actual email, so I say post away.  I find it funny when the upset person snips out just the portion they want you to read and not the paragraph of them berating the other party.  

Anyone who reads emails and IM's posted on the internet and trusts that they are 100% accurate needs to recheck their thinking.  It's just characters on a screen and there is always two sides to a story.  

For Example:

That's not real......he doesnt sign his emails "George"....dumbass.

He signs them "Bushie".  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#20]
To think I was almost going to reply with a serious answer to this post...I need to get off ledwood more often.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#21]
As said before, if this is a business, yup post them. If this is a private arguement, no. However, if a single person is just harrassing you, post them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Should content of emails be exposed/ posted

The key word is "CONTENTS".  If its just the "contents" and no personal names, address, phone number, or email address then post away.

Shok
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#23]
There is a reason most emails from large companies have a "Our  property" disclosure sentence attached to all the emails by server.

Unless specified, email is fair game.

If it's email between a customer and a business, unless the business was ran by a bunch of monkeys, the business would have to assume that any email they send is fair game.

Unless it has that "Our property" line in it of course.....
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:47:19 AM EDT
[#24]
i voted YES simply cause i wanna see what your gonna post and who its about.,
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Bump for the night guys.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#26]
No
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#27]
I guess it depends on the context of those e-mails.  You provided no context, so I can't really provide an answer that fits your question.

However, I believe unless the e-mail specifically says you can post/show it to others, you shouldn't, unless it's evidence or supporting your arguement for a deal gone bad on the EE, etc.  If it's just someone bitching, or just contains personal stuff and you are trying to smear that person, then I'd have to say.....your slime for even thinking about it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Personal or Business Flyer type??

Personal: NO
Flyers from a company on products: YES  (Unless states for so and so and not to be redistributed)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top