Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 12/31/2015 5:31:27 PM EDT
My wife is trying to tell me her aunt had to get a physicians note before she was allowed to purchase a crossbow in IL.  This sounds absurd to me, but it is IL, so absurdity dictates there.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:57:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2015 5:57:58 PM EDT by Brotherbadger]
Originally Posted By Medicfrost:
My wife is trying to tell me her aunt had to get a physicians note before she was allowed to purchase a crossbow in IL.  This sounds absurd to me, but it is IL, so absurdity dictates there.
View Quote

Many states dictate that you can only hunt with a crossbow if you have a disability or are over a certain age. Illinois currently allows anybody to use one from the second Monday after thanksgiving till the end of archery season.

To buy one? I doubt it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:59:49 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brotherbadger:

Many states dictate that you can only hunt with a crossbow if you have a disability or are over a certain age. Illinois currently allows anybody to use one from the second Monday after thanksgiving till the end of archery season.

To buy one? I doubt it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brotherbadger:
Originally Posted By Medicfrost:

To buy one? I doubt it.

^ This is correct
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:00:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2015 6:02:03 PM EDT by Silver_Surfer]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:01:17 PM EDT
You needed an exemption to hunt with one in MO until tonight... I processed a lot of them at work.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:01:28 PM EDT
Pull the full regs for the state, here they're allowed only in modern rifle season, not the more favorable archery season.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:18:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2015 6:19:51 PM EDT by doc_Zox]
http://www.bestcrossbowsource.com/crossbow-hunting-regulations-in-illinois/

• For the temporarily disabled and permanently disabled: hunting with a crossbow is legal during the entire archery season. Certification from a licensed physician is required, and you will need to apply for an exemption by contacting the DNR Office of Law Enforcement at 217-782-6431.

• For those age 62 and older: hunting with a crossbow during archery season is legal in Illinois, and no special permits are required. You do, however, need to carry a valid ID with a current picture and date of birth at all times while hunting; not having the ID with you will result in a fine, even if you really are 62 or older.

• For everyone else: as long as you own a crossbow and a valid archery hunting license, you can legally hunt deer in Illinois beginning the first Monday coming right after the second deer firearm season in the state.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:28:02 PM EDT
Still has to be in a case from your house to the tree stand though   IIRC  
Top Top