Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2009 6:20:33 PM EDT
Are those sprays made to stop bear attacks considered pesticides?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Its just 'hot' oil I thought.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think a bear is thought of as a mear pest.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought they were pepper.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm just wondering if they meet this definition of 'tear gas':

Tear gas for the purpose of this section shall mean any solid, liquid or gaseous substance or combinations thereof which will, upon dispersion in the atmosphere, cause tears in the eyes, burning of the skin, coughing, difficulty in breathing or any one or more of these reactions and which will not cause permanent damage to the human body, and the substance and container or device is designed, manufactured, and intended to be used as tear gas.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#5]
NO!!!!! CIDE MEANS KILL> ENGLISH.... I think you know the rest!!!SS
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Tear gas for the purpose of this section shall mean any solid, liquid or gaseous substance or combinations thereof which will, upon dispersion in the atmosphere, cause tears in the eyes, burning of the skin, coughing, difficulty in breathing or any one or more of these reactions and which will not cause permanent damage to the human body, and the substance and container or device is designed, manufactured, and intended to be used as tear gas.

I'd say that yes, based on that definition, bearspray is indeed "tear gas".  Then again, so could cigar smoke, buttcrack odor, and many brands of perfume/aftershave.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#7]
It is just seasoning to make you taste better.  I hear they like bells too.  Apparently the bears like the funny sounds they make when they shit them out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What does pepper spray, pesticides, and that legalese have in common?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top