Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 10/21/2010 7:54:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/21/2010 8:07:28 PM EDT by DTIguy]
Legit thread, seems like everyone I see and their mom is sporting a high and tight. Many of these people I am for certain are not mil or prior mil. This is around a college campus atmosphere where there are no military bases. Most of the people are between 18-22.

I always thought that mil guys had to "earn" their haircut by completing boot camp. Am I right? Do you think non mil sporting a high and tight makes them a poser?

BTW, I'm not talking about kinda trimmed on the side, I'm talking almost no hair or completely shaved sides with a very short top.

Link Posted: 10/21/2010 7:55:45 PM EDT
It's practical for me.
I get an extra five minutes sleep because I don't have tu dick around combing my hair.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 7:55:52 PM EDT
high and tight= low maint
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 7:55:54 PM EDT
I would rather see high and tights than hippy hair.

Link Posted: 10/21/2010 7:56:59 PM EDT
Yup,everyone with a short hair cut is a poser......
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 7:57:22 PM EDT
"Earn" a haircut?

Link Posted: 10/21/2010 7:57:35 PM EDT
As long as they are not wearing military uniforms with rank on them, then I have no problem with it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 7:57:43 PM EDT
NO...lots of athletic teams have done it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 7:58:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:

Usually when I see someone with hippy hair I can infer that they are a stoner. 9 times out of 10 I am right. I always thought the high and tight was associated with the military crowd so when I see one I think... wonder what service he's in.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 7:58:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By HK_DUDE:
Yup,everyone with a short hair cut is a poser......

reread the OP
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 7:58:44 PM EDT
Good Lord. I get the irritation at some 'poser' stuff...but a haircut?
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 7:58:45 PM EDT
quick drying and low maintenance is easy.
I wish I would just fucking go completely bald already
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 7:58:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hobbsar:
It's practical for me.
I get an extra five minutes sleep because I don't have tu dick around combing my hair.

This.

Link Posted: 10/21/2010 7:58:48 PM EDT
How do you earn a haircut?
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 7:59:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DTIguy:
Legit thread, seems like everyone I see and their mom is sporting a high and tight. Many of these people I am for certain are not mil or prior mil. This is around a college campus atmosphere where there are no military bases. Most of the people are between 18-22.

I always thought that mil guys had to "earn" their haircut by completing boot camp. Am I right? Do you think non mil sporting a high and tight makes them a poser?

BTW, I'm not talking about kinda trimmed on the side, I'm talking almost no hair or completely shaved sides with a very short top.

Poll to follow

There are alot of guys that age in the NG and Reserve... Most of those guys are also in college on the G.I. Bill.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 7:59:23 PM EDT
The "crew cut" was made popular by the Yale crew in the 1890s. So it is only kind of poserish. If you don't row or haven't been in the military then yes, it is a little poserish.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:02:33 PM EDT
I never did like the high and tight.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:03:41 PM EDT
Lots of justifying in this thread
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:04:24 PM EDT
Most comfortable and low maintenance.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:04:57 PM EDT
When I see an blatant high 'n tight (sides don't really blend into the top so much as there is a distinct line separating hair from no hair ), my guess is usually cop.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:05:08 PM EDT
convience
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:05:43 PM EDT
Meh go for it. Might as well get a pair of birth control goggles while you're at it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:05:55 PM EDT
What the fuck are you babbling about.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:06:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DigDug:

QFT.

Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:07:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/21/2010 8:09:13 PM EDT by scottfire1957]

Poll to follow

Nope, walk into any barber shop, ask for a high and tight.

They WILL NOT ASK ABOUT PRIOR OR CURRENT MILITARY SERVICE!

Go look for a different tree to climb. YOur question is, shall I say, dumb.....

This question is diggn pretty deep in poserdom.....

ETA: OP, you're not an only twin by chance, are you?
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:08:50 PM EDT

Usually when I see someone with hippy hair I can infer that they are a stoner. 9 times out of 10 I am right. I always thought the high and tight was associated with the military crowd so when I see one I think... wonder what service he's in.

When I see one I think guy that is smart, or sheep. Theres primary reason for a high and tight is so that the hair can't be grasped. I wear my hair that way for that reason and that reason alone.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:08:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:09:36 PM EDT
I'm your typical right winger who worships the the ground our troops walk on, even if they're rear area logistics or whatever, because they go "over there" away from their families and lives while I get to stay here.

But if someone tells me my high-n-tight is "poserish" when it's merely because:

A. I'm old
B. I'm getting thin.
C. I'm not a fucking hippy...

I'll tell even one of our most decorated servicemen ever to go fuck himself sideways if that's what he think's I'm trying to imply with a crew cut.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:09:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hobbsar:
It's practical for me.

Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:09:47 PM EDT
That is ridiculous. How else am I supposed to cut my own hair?

Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:10:32 PM EDT
Reserve/Guard possibly.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:12:08 PM EDT
.......... So what?
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:12:19 PM EDT

lol, hell no, almost the first thing they do is strip it off you.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:13:12 PM EDT

Kinda agree with the above
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:13:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DIXI:

When I see one I think guy that is smart, or sheep. Theres primary reason for a high and tight is so that the hair can't be grasped. I wear my hair that way for that reason and that reason alone.

Which is exactly why I could also see LEO wearing this haircut. There is no logical reason to wear this haircut besides conformity standards or safety. If people were really worried about easy maint, they would just buzz it all off.

Looks like I picked the wrong civilian, high and tight sporting crowd to ask this question.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:13:39 PM EDT
I wore a high and tight most of my childhood, and most of my adult life. Extremely low maintenance.
High and tight isn't something you "earn" in bootcamp––it's a tool designed to equalize, maintain health of many bodies in small environments.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:14:30 PM EDT
Hell, I paid for my haircuts in Basic. How is that "earning?" You pay, they cut...They earned, I received...

OP, Join the military, find out yourself!!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:15:21 PM EDT
I just put the 1/8" guide on and pretend I'm mowing the lawn. I don't give two shits what anyone thinks of it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:18:00 PM EDT
I like my hair short. My head doesn't sweat as much and therefore I stay cooler.

I'm not a military poser, I'm just too damn lazy to have to comb my hair
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:18:03 PM EDT
LOL high and tights are the ugliest haircut on the planet. Why anyone would willingly get one is beyond me.

Im active mil and I wouldnt be caught with a high and tight. There are better ways to wear your hair short that don't make you look like a clown. Like shaved. Or 'buzzed'. Or just a regular fade.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:18:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Agilt:
"Earn" a haircut?

My first thought too. Kind of a dumb question op
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:19:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/21/2010 8:34:02 PM EDT by AR-10Operator]
Are you friggin serious ? If you are then you are not just a douche but lower than used douche water.
When i was younger my hair was long but for more years than i can count i used my own clippers to shave it down.
Get a life, if that's all ya have to worry about is some dudes haircut or camo
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:23:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Danner130:

QFT.

NFS

Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:23:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/21/2010 8:25:05 PM EDT by DTIguy]
Originally Posted By codyXdeath:
LOL high and tights are the ugliest haircut on the planet. Why anyone would willingly get one is beyond me.

Im active mil and I wouldnt be caught with a high and tight. There are better ways to wear your hair short that don't make you look like a clown. Like shaved. Or 'buzzed'. Or just a regular fade.

Thank you,

To the rest, I'm not talking about normal short hair or a fade. I'm talking about having completely shaven sides and only short hair on top. White walls I think they're called? Commonly seen on Marines.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:25:12 PM EDT
What about wearing 511s and Oakleys, plus hair that's high and tight? "Operator poseurs?"

Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:27:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By psgt:
convience

spelieng
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:27:52 PM EDT
So the military owns having short hair?

Sorry, that is stupid.

Short hair is better since it is less maintenance. End of story.

As along as you don't go around pretending to be a marine ranger scout deltaforce sniper, you shouldn't feel guilty about having short hair.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:28:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AR-10Operator:
Are you friggin serious ? If you are then you are not a douche but lower than douche water.
When i was yunger my hair as long but for more years than i can count i use my own clippers to shave it down.
Get a life if that's all ya have to worry about is some dudes haircut or camo

The English language. Learn it. THEN come back and post.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:28:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DIXI:

What? I'm missing something, I think.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:29:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AJ_Dual:
I'm your typical right winger who worships the the ground our troops walk on, even if they're rear area logistics or whatever, because they go "over there" away from their families and lives while I get to stay here.

But if someone tells me my high-n-tight is "poserish" when it's merely because:

A. I'm old
B. I'm getting thin.
C. I'm not a fucking hippy...

I'll tell even one of our most decorated servicemen ever to go fuck himself sideways if that's what he think's I'm trying to imply with a crew cut.

Your newsletter, please add me to your subscriber list.

Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:31:16 PM EDT
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Top Top