yes yes I am..

life sucks..

and I don't really care any more..

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Not the least
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thin people living in fat bodies are miserable.

Fat people living in fat bodies are just as happy as anyone else.

It comes down to how you see yourself and who you want to be.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I was.  Me knees hurt, I couldn't do anything physical, even fucking was more difficult.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:18:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I can only tell you from my own personal experience my self confidence went up, people treated me better, I slept better, and I was just overall happier.  I can't imagine going back to my old self.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm 288.8 pounds. I'm a pretty happy guy but I was 344 pounds two months ago.

I wasn't miserable then either though. Shrug.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can only tell you from my own personal experience my self confidence went up, people treated me better, I slept better, and I was just overall happier.  I can't imagine going back to my old self.  

I was really shocked at how much better people treated me once I lost weight.  Women gave second glances and men give more respect.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Nope.

First of all, there is a lot of denial. For example the doctor would like me to be 150, but I like 210 better. Feels more natural.

Not fat, big boned, right?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I'm 288.8 pounds. I'm a pretty happy guy but I was 344 pounds two months ago.

Wow that is fucking awesome.

Quoted:

Quoted:

I
can only tell you from my own personal experience my self confidence
went up, people treated me better, I slept better, and I was just
overall happier.  I can't imagine going back to my old self.  
I
was really shocked at how much better people treated me once I lost
weight.  Women gave second glances and men give more respect.  

I work in the retail world and swear every man sizes another guy up by "is there a chance this guy could kick my ass?" and then treats him accordingly.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:24:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Miserable no....unhappy...yes.

I've lost about 60 pounds so I'm going away from it.  I gained all my weight quickly in college and was very athletic prior to that so my experience may be different.  I can still run 8 minute miles, my gut just shakes while I do it.  

Some people eat their emotions, I eat when I'm bored....apparently I'm bored a lot.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:25:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I've never been fat.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I am 262 lbs as of this morning.  I'm just a hair under 6'5" though.  According to all of the tables, I'm obese.  I'm not miserable, but I am losing some weight and I feel better now than I did at 280.  I can't wait to see what about 225 feels like.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

yes yes I am..

life sucks..

If it makes you feel any better, you've got cool .300 BLK stuff, and I don't.

That, and I am ugly as fuck, and I smell bad.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
yes yes I am..
life sucks..

Don't forget those teeth!  

I kid...
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Happiness is a state of mind not a size of physical condition. It is a small mind that lets their size dictate how happy or sad they are. I am larger than I used to be but I am also banged up, cut up and broken in ways I did not used to be.I have started dropping weight again but I am not sad and and miserable. I was not 6 months or a year ago either. My big thing for me was coming to the understanding I can't just go exercise anymore like I used to. My body will not allow it. Its about life style and portion control as well as exercise.  

I am looking into buying a cycle as I hear they are easier and I do feel physically better after I exercise which puts anyone in a better mood. But again I stress being happy has nothing to do with size you are either happy with who you are or you are not.  If you are not then you will be miserable skinny person also.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I kid...
None left.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
yes yes I am..
life sucks..

And a Brit as well.  What a terrible trifecta.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#19]
For those that have been fat bodies and lost weight and see how shallow people really are and how you are treated different is really eye opening and crazy.  I'll never forget my first experience with that.......I couldn't stop thinking about it for a good while.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#20]
When I was at my fattest, I was miserable with my body, but not me as a person. It's hard to feel sexy in anything when your stomach looks like a purple spider web.

I'm much happier at my current weight. I can go to a store and I don't have to shop in the big girls section anymore. It's awful nice.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#21]

i have perpetual dickiedoo disease

so yeah, i'm miserable, until i eat a quart of haagen das

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I'm much happier at my current weight. I can go to a store and I don't have to shop in the big girls section anymore. It's awful nice.

It's a great feeling isn't it? I used to completely dread shopping for clothes, now I'm neutral.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I was, I can honestly say I feel better after losing 40lbs.
I can't wait to see what I feel like in another 50.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I was miserable when I was thin.  Getting older and fatter isn't improving things.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:43:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a great feeling isn't it? I used to completely dread shopping for clothes, now I'm neutral.

I used to hate it. When you try on 10 pairs of jeans and none of them can flatter the mess you've made... there is just no worse feeling.

I fucking love shopping nowadays. Everything fits, looks good, and I have to choose with items I can take home.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
yes yes I am..
life sucks..
This.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:44:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
yes yes I am..

life sucks..

Life only sucks if you let it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:46:08 PM EDT
[#28]
OMG that dam first post thingy again, exactly what i was going to type!!

Quoted:
No, they're jolly.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#29]
In before the fatties from the other thread get butthurt.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
When I was overweight I was miserable.  

I was miserable, and after I lost a bunch of weight I realized just how miserable I was.
Feel twenty years younger and am never going back.

ETA: It wasn't a self esteem issue for me at all, I can take it.
         But being in your fifties and all of a sudden feelling like your in your thirties is hard to beat.

GM

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:48:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
yes yes I am..

life sucks..

well ya I'm still having to buy clothes in the big girls section.. skinny!

eh i must be pms'ing I'm bloated puffy and bitchy..
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Im not. My wife and I watch Biggest Loser and laugh at all the fat crying people. Im fat because I eat too much and exercise  too little - not because my mom died/ my dad died/ someone touched my naughty bits.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:49:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
yes yes I am..

life sucks..

LOL You are SUCH a goddamn weirdo sometimes.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Kristi Alley looks happy.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

She really does, doesn't she?

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:52:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
yes yes I am..

life sucks..

LOL You are SUCH a goddamn weirdo sometimes.

damn allergy meds. can't wait till late august and I can get off all this crap and drop 5 lbs.. back to my skinny 170. Rawr!

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#38]
It makes life so much better.

A friend of mine was riding with a girl the other day as I was jogging. The girl said wow look at that bulky dude running up the hill. As they passed me my friend recognized me and told her who I was.

It was a great feeling when I got the txt explaining that.

I lost almost 70 pounds since I saw them last going from 260-190 Somthing. Started lifting heavy and got back to 220. Currently cutting down so I can see the 6 pack ive wanted my entire life.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm happy.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#40]
I've always been thin.  I was just born that way, and spent most of my life that way, then I got sick.  I lost 40 pounds and then put on 90.

I was 50 pounds over my normal weight, and it was miserable.  I looked like shit, felt like shit and was embarassed to be seen with less than a full compliment of clothes.  

Took me a year to drop all of that extra weight, and I'm still not quite back to feeling tip top.  It did give me a new outlook on some things.

Still, I threw out my fat guy pants.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Okay.  Val Kilmer looks happy.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:58:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
yes yes I am..
life sucks..

I kid...

Dammit man. You've got to be quick here. Yes. Fat. Ugly. Bad teepheses.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#44]
If'n I was any happier....I'd have to hug myself.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#45]
I've met tons of fat happy people... I'm not sure how people that are that over weight can be happy with their bodies. It must just be a coping mechanism

I'd like to think I'm one of those "Skinny people, trapped in a fat persons body", I just haven't been able to kick myself in the ass hard enough to do anything about it... I have no delusions that if i dropped 80 pounds that I would feel better, and probably be happier in life. Just need to get my ass in gear.

6 foot 291.5 (weighed in at work with my pants and boots on and pockets full of shit), 42in. waist pants (enough room for conceal carry in there) and I wear XL shirts.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#47]
I was a fat baby, grew into a fat kid, and am now a fat man. Despite having grown up on a farm, wrestling and playing football through school and lifting weights for years after, I'm still fat. I don't know why so many skinny people think I should be unhappy about it. I'm healthy, never had any weight related medical issues. I guess the fact that it's not all fat helps, maybe. Just remember, the next time you're sizing me up, I can probably kick your ass. But lucky for you, I damn sure can't catch you.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
yes yes I am..
life sucks..

A little exercise and soap. Your still young, there's hope
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I was a fat baby, grew into a fat kid, and am now a fat man. Despite having grown up on a farm, wrestling and playing football through school and lifting weights for years after, I'm still fat. I don't know why so many skinny people think I should be unhappy about it. I'm healthy, never had any weight related medical issues. I guess the fact that it's not all fat helps, maybe. Just remember, the next time you're sizing me up, I can probably kick your ass. But lucky for you, I damn sure can't catch you.

You draw the hand you're dealt. Eff these arfcommers; because that out-run thing does not account for sense of urgency. Books and covers. Don't judge that way, you will not win.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Santa seems right Jolly.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top