Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/18/2015 6:03:28 PM EDT
Do they always think they're kings of the road?

I'm on my way to work today and I come up on this intersection, Regal Row and Harry Hines, and there's a group of weekend warrior bikers and their old ladies (literally) waiting at the light.  Most of them were in the left lane on RR so I switched over to the right lane (X).  Both lanes turn left.

Those dotted lines in the intersection are actually on the pavement.  You'd think that would mean that vehicles on the inside lane turning left turn into the inside lane, but it doesn't.  The light turns green and the motorcycles in the inside lane decide they want to make a wide turn into the middle and right lanes but oops, my car is in their way. So then they go all "OMG, can't you see we're on motorcycles!" as if I was trying to hit them.  One guy in particular didn't like this, and when I put on my blinker and tried to move from the center to the right lane after the turn he sped up and got on my right next to me.  I managed to get behind him and got stuck at the next signal where I got to admire his Harley Davidson bandana, Harley Davidson leather jacket, and several Harley Davidson patches sewn into his jacket, while he tried to talk shit to me. They were all going to Strokers, probably to circle jerk each other.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I'm on my way to work today and I come up on this intersection, Regal Row and Harry Hines, and there's a group of weekend warrior bikers and their old ladies (literally) waiting at the light.  Most of them were in the left lane on RR so I switched over to the right lane (X).  Both lanes turn left.

http://i.imgur.com/Dmqlx1h.jpg

Those dotted lines in the intersection are actually on the pavement.  You'd think that would mean that vehicles on the inside lane turning left turn into the inside lane, but it doesn't.  The light turns green and the motorcycles in the inside lane decide they want to make a wide turn into the middle and right lanes but oops, my car is in their way. So then they go all "OMG, can't you see we're on motorcycles!" as if I was trying to hit them.  One guy in particular didn't like this, and when I put on my blinker and tried to move from the center to the right lane after the turn he sped up and got on my right next to me.  I managed to get behind him and got stuck at the next signal where I got to admire his Harley Davidson bandana, Harley Davidson leather jacket, and several Harley Davidson patches sewn into his jacket, while he tried to talk shit to me. They were all going to Strokers, probably to circle jerk each other.
View Quote

Thank you for clarification. They were in the wrong. Motorcycles don't own the road. We are allowed to take up some space on the road that cars cant go, but we still have to obey the law.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:06:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Respect the HoG, bro
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank you for clarification. They were in the wrong. Motorcycles don't own the road. We are allowed to take up some space on the road that cars cant go, but we still have to obey the law.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I couldn't see the front of him, so I might have missed a few more HD accessories.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Dutchbags?  Motorcyclists come from Holland?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dutchbags?  Motorcyclists come from Holland?
View Quote

Get with the times bro

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Those damn motorcycles, just terrible.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#7]

I will not tolerate such dutchbaggery.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#9]
OP said "dutchbag".

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#10]
German bags are much better than dutchbags.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

No we are not all douchebags.  Sounds like you ran into a group of weekend riders who were cruising somehweres they didn't know too well.  I can tell you first hand that when you get a bunch of dumbasses together in a group their poor riding skills are compounded.  The group leader probably wasn't compensating for the pack behind him either.  I've run into this and said fuck it a couple times and blew past the group leader because he was doing stupid shit that was going to get people killed.  I rarely ride in groups now because of this and if I do its with a small handful of other experienced riders.  We certainly don't ride around like we own the road thats for sure.  Only the asshats have that mentality.

Keep it classy and try not to kill them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:14:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OP said "dutchbag".

View Quote

Reported.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
...group...
...Harley Davidson...
View Quote

Enough said.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Not all motorcycle riders, just those who ride a Harley Davidson motorcycle (who am I kidding, most of the sport bike guys too)
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah some are real dbags bunch of idiots...think they rule the road
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No we are not all douchebags.  Sounds like you ran into a group of weekend riders who were cruising somehweres they didn't know too well.  I can tell you first hand that when you get a bunch of dumbasses together in a group their poor riding skills are compounded.  The group leader probably wasn't compensating for the pack behind him either.  I've run into this and said fuck it a couple times and blew past the group leader because he was doing stupid shit that was going to get people killed.  I rarely ride in groups now because of this and if I do its with a small handful of other experienced riders.  We certainly don't ride around like we own the road thats for sure.  Only the asshats have that mentality.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Pass the dutchie...mon
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Know the difference between a harley and a vacuum cleaner?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I didn't even read it but the picture is a nice touch.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, but I'm guessing it has something to do with sucking?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Dutchbags?  No, a lot of us are Scotch bonnets or even Les Sacs Francais.  

Next question...
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Shouldn't have given them an inch.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
German bags are much better than dutchbags.
View Quote

Deutschebags.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Fags.....
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Never, Ever, call a Dutchbag's companion "Old Lady"

Not.Even.If.You're a Dutchbag's "Bro"
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#27]
We've got a very similar intersection here in town with the dotted lines through the intersection.  I avoid it like the plague because everyone get in the left lane and (it's a right turn) and cuts the lines because the left lane goes in another direction after the turn.  I've actually gotten into yelling contests with hood rats that tried to cut me off in the turn.
I just go a different route now to avoid assholes that cannot follow the fucking lines painted on the damned road. Only problem is, my alternative route takes me onto a dangerous interstate entrance ramp that no one can ever seem to do over 45MPH on, and it's on a blind curve so oncoming interstate traffic cannot merge left soon enough.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Oddly, I know that is on San Benito Street
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not, same laws apply period.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#30]
TL:DR;

people suck at turning left when two left turn lanes are present, OP thinks it's motorcycle riders.

Not harley riders, surely not all bike riders  certainly  not me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:33:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Harley can carry two dirtbags.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why even ride in groups, thats just gay.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Do you have to wear those wooden shoes when you ride to be considered a dutchbag?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not same laws apply period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Staggering, tandem, and in some places lane splitting.  Only problem is that most riders don't do any of these things in the correct manner.

There's a reason I run up to the mountains to play on two wheels....
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

I read somewhere that that photo was staged.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Close.
Where the dirtbag (or dutchbag) goes
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their destination

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#38]
you know the difference between a harley and a vacuum cleaner?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#39]
We don't have that problem this time of year.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Are all motorcycle riders such dutchbags?
View Quote

What's a dutchbag?

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#41]
I met some guys while I was stopped at a rest area.  They said it was nice to meet a Ducati rider that wasn't a douche bag.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
you know the difference between a harley and a vacuum cleaner?
View Quote

The harley can carry 2 dirtbags?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well, the paper/Life photop got the biker to ham it up in the middle of the Holister Riot.

Looking for that one, I ran across this alternate shot

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#45]
I've driven a motorcycle across the world.  I'm not dutch but I'm pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Staggering, tandem, and in some places lane splitting.  Only problem is that most riders don't do any of these things in the correct manner.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, We still have to follow the rules though. Car drivers don't always follow the rules either. I had a guy pass me in my lane a week ago. No reason for him to do that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#47]
It's not only motorcycles that do that. EVERYONE drifts out into the next lane on those multi lane left turns. There's one of those right by my house and it happens 90% of the time. I can't believe I haven't been in an accident yet.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:52:54 PM EDT
[#48]
""""""   they want to make a wide turn into the middle and right lanes   """"""

Harleys,  In capable of making anything BUT a wide turn, if that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It's not only motorcycles that do that. EVERYONE drifts out into the next lane on those multi lane left turns. There's one of those right by my house and it happens 90% of the time. I can't believe I haven't been in an accident yet.
View Quote

Yeah, I encounter people in cars that make that turn wide every day.  If they're far enough ahead of me or behind me I don't care, but when they do it right in front of me cutting me off I honk at em.  Difference is they usually get why they were wrong, or at least don't act like you invaded their precious little safety bubble that being on a motorcycle entitles one to.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#50]
1/10

More of a whine than a rant. (-3)

Asked a question you already knew the answer to.  I've seen gun owners do stupid shit.  Does that mean we are all "dutchbags" too? (-3)

Dutchbag...nuff said. (-3)

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top