Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2005 6:03:14 PM EDT
Aside from the muslems which I don't consider human, are all Israelis jewish??
Are there christians in Israel?

ETA -  Doh!   Sorry, I forgot we had a religion forum!  Too much whiskey tonight!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The Arabs are humans. There are non-Arab gentiles in Israel, though.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#2]
No, some Christians and others...

Pork is sold in some provinces.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Overwhelming majority are Jews
Next biggest is Muslims (even in Israel proper, not the territories)
Smallest are Christians.

You cannot emigrate to Israel if you are not a Jew, but the Israelis import Christians from Africa and Eastern Europe to do work.  Bringing in Arabs would be easier, but they're kind of surly.

(edited to add: I thought about saying there are about as many Muslims in Israel percentage-wise as there are blacks in the US, 13%, but didn't say because I dont know for sure.  Checked the CIA Factbook, I was pretty close!)

Jewish 80.1%, Muslim 14.6% (mostly Sunni Muslim), Christian 2.1%, other 3.2% (1996 est.)
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Smallest are Christians.

You cannot emigrate to Israel if you are not a Jew, but the Israelis import Christians from Africa and Eastern Europe to do work.  Bringing in Arabs would be easier, but they're kind of surly.

You mean Arabs. They are not all Muslim but they do make up about 18% of Israel's citizenry. IIRC an Arab major in the IDF double crossed them about a year ago.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The Arabs are humans. There are non-Arab gentiles in Israel, though.

They can't be human, they taste like chicken.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:10:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Smallest are Christians.

You mean Arabs. They are not all Muslim but they do make up about 18% of Israel's citizenry. IIRC an Arab major in the IDF double crossed them about a year ago.

Thought it was a religion question, not an ethnicity one. I know there are Arab Christians.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Aside from the muslems which I don't consider human,  

How about U.S. citizens that are muslims?  Do they count as human, or can we just gas them?

IBTL
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:20:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Smallest are Christians.

Thought it was a religion question, not an ethnicity one. I know there are Arab Christians.

Could have been. My apologies if I got the question wrong. It has been one of those weeks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about U.S. citizens that are muslims?  Do they count as human, or can we just gas them?

IBTL

America will never gas Muslims.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't forget about Druids!

There are Israeli Druids!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IBTL

Save the gas, use a rope.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:17:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You cannot emigrate to Israel if you are not a Jew,

That is a false statement.  Because of the "Right of return" laws being a Jew makes it a very easy but not the only way.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:17:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IBTL

America will never gas Muslims.

Yea really we would gas Dutch folks before Muslims............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top