Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2002 8:59:12 AM EDT
Simple enough question.

Elections are coming up.

If you're not a registered voter, quit yer bitchin'.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:05:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, and I've got the jury duty summonses to prove it. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:08:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

You too?  I just figured that out a couple years ago!
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

You've got that right.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:56:00 AM EDT
[#5]
As a gunner if you are not reg'd to vote, you're part of the problem.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes I am, But

The state of Texas doesn't get their jury list from voter regestration.
When I moved back to Texas 5 years ago {left when I was 14) first thing I did was get my drivers license changed. Acouple of months later, before I had a chance to regester to vote, I got a jury duty summonses. I asked them how they found me and they said drivers license.
For what ever its worth.  [:)]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been a registered voter since I turned 18. Mom gave me a choice. She would drive us to the courthouse, or I could. [:D] Mom passed away about 3½ years later but until that time she gave me the same choice when there were elections. Haven't missed one since.

Colo. uses drivers licenses for jury duty now too.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#8]
btt
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#9]
The pole should remain at 100%. If you are not registered to vote, and do so, this would not be the board for you.

Vote early...vote often!
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes I am, But

The state of Texas doesn't get their jury list from voter regestration.
When I moved back to Texas 5 years ago {left when I was 14) first thing I did was get my drivers license changed. Acouple of months later, before I had a chance to regester to vote, I got a jury duty summonses. I asked them how they found me and they said drivers license.
For what ever its worth.  [:)]
View Quote

This is correct. Also, you can go ahead and register to vote whenever you renew you license as well. One stop shopping....
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 5:06:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes, and I've got the jury duty summonses to prove it.
View Quote

Here in the Peoples' Repubilk of Kalif. they don't select prospective jurors from the voter reg rolls anymore, not enough people reg'd to vote, so the legislators very wisely changed the law so that people are chosen from the Dept Of Motor Vehicle drivers licenses. Since 99% of the people need to be citizens in order to drive, why not. They even make people that was previous exempt(juries, judges, doctors, lawyers) to serve, way too cool. What makes those folks so special anyways, they put on their pants one leg at a time too.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 5:24:27 PM EDT
[#12]
The very first vote that I cast was for Ronald Reagan in 1980.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep. Republican across the board, as are my wife and co-workers and friends. It's a matter of political beliefs rather than individual candidtates. Don't care what the Democraps say...
It's political beliefs that I vote for. I still don't see what's so hard to understand. Democrats-The gov't will take care of you. Republicans-we think you know what you need to do to take care of yourselves.
    What's the big deal anyway? Cripes, is life that hard to understand? Get a clue.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Ilikeleggs-
   You got it right, bro. What is so damn hard to understand? You vote for anyone but a Republican, you're voting for the other a--hole.
Yeah, I know, "you're making a statement". That statement might as well be "I want to give up my guns."
By the way, I like leggs too!
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#16]
You forgot a poll option - "Damn Straight!"

Frankly, if you don't vote (even if it's just casting an empty ballot.  The important part is to PARTICIPATE!) you have NO rpt NO bitching rights when things go awry.

It is not enough to be registered, you MUST GO TO THE POLLS!

FFZ
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes, and I vote every chance I get.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I wear my [b][red]NRA[/red][/b] jacket when I vote. [;D]
Keeps the conversations polite or non-existent...
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes, registered, but us Illinoisans don't have much choice in terms of progun candidates.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#20]
yes and ive voted in every major election since then :)
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 10:46:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yes, registered, but us Illinoisans don't have much choice in terms of progun candidates.
View Quote

Man have you got that right!  The election for governor is going to be brutal either way, I think.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Yup, California gets the juror pool from drivers licenses and registered voters.  Found out I was in the juror list twice when I inquired to find out if I already got called within the 1 year period...

Well they had me listed as a possible juror because of my home address (voter registration)
Had me listed as a possible juror because of my mailing address (drivers license)

The person said he deleted one of them.  Now i know why I get called [i]every[/i] year to just sit around for a bunch of hours staring at a wall contemplating escape.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes I am. And I found out this year just how important a FEW votes can be. Here in Orygun, any tax votes that exceed a limit mandated by law must pass AND at least 50% of the reg voters must cast a ballot.

The Linn Co. law enforcement levy was in a relatively small election where not many were expected to vote. Plus, I had not changed my residence yet, but had moved to another town within the same county. I finally got to the courthouse on the last day to vote (we have mail in), changed my address, and voted.

The levy passed by 3 votes, with a 50% turnout.

I personally feel that is obscene. Only 50% of the reg voters, and who knows what % that is of the voting age population. I will agree that many times it seems that we don't have much of a choice, but if we don't even take that choice, then we are just asking for someone else to make all our decisions for us.

NMSight
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:15:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yep. Republican across the board, as are my wife and co-workers and friends. It's a matter of political beliefs rather than individual candidtates. Don't care what the Democraps say...
It's political beliefs that I vote for. I still don't see what's so hard to understand. Democrats-The gov't will take care of you. Republicans-we think you know what you need to do to take care of yourselves.
    What's the big deal anyway? Cripes, is life that hard to understand? Get a clue.
View Quote

I disagree. We should really consider the individual candidate rather than the party affiliation.  We should not blindly vote for the Republican party, even though they are more or less basically pro-gun because there are a lot of pro-gun Democrats also. There is also a few Republican anti-gun candidates too, example Liz Dole and ex-L.A. mayor Dick Riordan.

The Democrats don't have a monopoly on stupid ideas either, the Republicans also have their share of hare-brained ideas also. Witness, the Republican idea of letting people invest their social security retiredment funds in the stock market. In the light of free fall of the Dow Jones and NASDAQ in the past few weeks, alot of people could have been hurting.

We should not give the Republican party leaders the impression that the gunners should be taken for granted, we should make them work for our support. We have had in the past have people stab us in the back once they get elected, witness John McCain & Geo. Bush Sr(he's the reason we got this assualt weapons ban).  Also as gunners we must also do more than just vote, we have to help the pro-gun candidate by volunteering time & money to their campaign, and pommel/punish the anti-gun opposition. It is not easy, we have to make time in our busy lives to figure what these people are actally stand for(if any) and to study & analyze any voting records. It is a lot of work.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 6:38:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Do you know Hugh?
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 6:44:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Just fled Kalifornistan for North Carolina where I will be able to vote for a Republican senate canidate that might actually win.  Dole is no pro-gun stalwart, but no one is as bad as those commies Feinstein and Boxer.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 6:55:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Post from Warlord -
It is not easy, we have to make time in our busy lives to figure what these people are actally stand for(if any) and to study & analyze any voting records. It is a lot of work.
View Quote

Why? Why would you go to all that trouble, at least as far as a national office is concerned.

Any Democrat elected to Congress, no matter how much he loves the RKBA, will, if in the House, vote for Richard Gephardt (D-MO) to be Speaker, if in the Senate, for Tom Daschle (D-SD), as Majority Leader.

Any Republican elected to Congress, no matter how anti-gun he or she may be, will vote, if in the House, for Danny Hastert (R-IL) for Speaker, if in the Senate, for Trent Lott (R-MS).

And whoever is elected Speaker or Majority Leader will rule their respective chamber with an iron fist! He or she will appoint whips, chairmen of committee, committee assignments, and control the flow of legislation. He or she will determine the calendar, what action will be taken on particular bills, and even if those bills come up for a vote on the Floor or not.

He or she will assign members of their Chamber to House-Senate Conference Committees, where the real marvels of legislative legerdemain always occur!

So John Dingell (D-MI) can rant and rave about a particular piece of legislation affecting the RKBA, as a Member of the NRA Board should do.

But he has already given the enemies of the RKBA a loaded weapon to kill the RKBA by his simple vote for the Speakership of the House!

Maybe you need to try and figure that one out first! If an anti-gun Republican replaced him, it would only strengthen the hand of Danny Hastert in protecting the RKBA!

Eric The(Republican)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 8:55:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Yep, I"m registered. Did my Jury time too!
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#29]
I sent in my registration when I was 17. Primaries were shortly after my 18th Birthday...They sent me my registration just after my 18th birthday and in time to vote. I voted in the primary (2000), then in the general election (2000). Both in South Florida.

I am glad to say I am 1 of 100 someodd persons who helped keep Al Gore out of office. 2000 election pissed me off. I had no problem with the damn ballot, other than the slanted ballot issues, but that is another issue. But, I had to deal with months of idiots bitching about how confusing their ballots were. I almost wanted to slap them and tell 'em they had the brains of a turnip...

Interesting note is that none of them complained about the slanted ballot issue to raise taxes...It read something along the lines of "In order to protect children, keep our parks clean, prevent violence, more bullshit...do you approve unlimited ad valorum property taxes". The morons down here (I voted no), overwhelmingly voted yes. I doubt half of them realized they were authorizing the county to raise property taxes whenever they felt like it.

Yet, it wasn't the ballot issues which were filled with bullshit and legaleese that got complaints. It was the presedential ballot. How fucking hard is it to tell the difference between "Pat Buchanan" and "Al Gore". MORONS.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#30]
btt
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ya, get a clue....
Republicans= Tweedley-dee
Democrats= Tweedeley-dum
Constitution Party= Patriot
[url]http://www.ustaxpayers.org/[/url]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Only downside to the Constitution Party is they still wish to impose their morality on America.

The Libertarian party while it doesn't impose morality, is Pro-Choice and that is totally unacceptable. I will never vote for a pro-choice politician...So, that leaves the Constitution (formerly US Taxpayers Party) Party. I guess a ban on prostitution and gambling is better than a ban on guns...Now, if they would make a pro-life version of the LP, it would be the perfect political party...

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Ya, get a clue....
Republicans= Tweedley-dee
Democrats= Tweedeley-dum
Constitution Party= Patriot
[url]http://www.ustaxpayers.org/[/url]
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Registered since 18.  It just amazes that each election there is a drive to register new voters and they always seem to register about 25% of the population.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top