Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 1:20:10 PM EST
I'm talking about VERY minor offenses, like an unpaid drinking ticket.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:22:20 PM EST
I believe unpaid ticket would constitute failure to appear. A ticket is a ticket. Failure to appear is still a crime.

In short. I'd say the answer is YES. Atleast my municipal does.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:33:51 PM EST
If you have a court date that you dont go to that is failure to appear...happens all the time on traffic tickets. A warrent is issued. Call up your local department or court and have them check if you think you may have a warrent. Easier to find out that way and turn yourself in, then to find out on a traffic stop, or something else and go take the ride in handcuffs.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:39:13 PM EST
Yup. Any violation can go to warrant. The smallest warrant I have ever seen was $33 for illegal camping. NO, I didn't arrest anyone...what do I look like, a JBT?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:26:22 PM EST
Yes; I have seen warrants for unpaid license fees.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:28:21 PM EST
I have seen warrants issued for unpaid seatbelt tickets ($10.00 fine).

Shootist
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:03:57 PM EST
Thanks for the info. The problem is, this warrant would be in NYC. I got popped last summer drinking a beer outside a bar while making a call on my cell phone, and I came back to Cleveland that same night. The reason I asked is because I have a rifle being shipped next week, and don't need hang ups with NICs for some warrant I may have in NYC. Guess I'll visit my sister this weekend and pay the sucker off. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:10:39 PM EST
Simple answer in Ohio would be YES. Now, I doubt they are gonna hunt you down for it, but if you get caught in NYC you'll stay till you see the judge.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:38:03 PM EST
I was on a ride along with a College Police Dept. in Arizona. We stopped a kid for running a stop sign on rollerblades. Normally the stop would not have happened but the kid almost got hit by a car. Anyway the Officer tickets the kid, runs a wants and warrants check and the kid come back with a warrant out of Az. Game and Fish for of all things spearing a trout, bond of 75.00. So YES a warrant will be issued for minor things to.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:02:05 PM EST
You can not extradite on municipal misdemenor warrants. They cant be entered NCIC. So no way it will ever come up unless you go back to NYC.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:11:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By 223kid:
Thanks for the info. The problem is, this warrant would be in NYC. I got popped last summer drinking a beer outside a bar while making a call on my cell phone, and I came back to Cleveland that same night. The reason I asked is because I have a rifle being shipped next week, and don't need hang ups with NICs for some warrant I may have in NYC. Guess I'll visit my sister this weekend and pay the sucker off. Thanks again.

NYC will not extradite for anything less than mass murder it seems , unless they want to. They actually sent 8 guys 4 hours upstate to my town on a warrant because he was a suspect in some rapes that were going on in the City that had the NYC population in a frenzy, and they wanted to get their hands on the guy.We went and snagged the guy and I never even saw him because I was behind the building watching the rear entrance...and for my minor involvement, I was later named in the lawsuit that resulted. Thanks, NYPD.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:11:12 AM EST
What nobody has mentioned yet is the Interstate Violator's COmpact.

Most all states participate. Even though nobody that I know of is going to extradite for a traffic warrant, states that are participants do take action. If you fail to pay an out-of-state ticket, and the other state issues a warrant, which you fail to take care of, the other state contacts your home state, and they suspend your Driver's License, which is a separate, jailable offense in most places, until you take care of the out-of-state warrant.

My state is so big that they are even doing that at a state level for participating cities, as someone can be passing through, get a speeding ticket, and never come our way again for years (if ever). Pay the citation and save yourself some grief.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:58:27 AM EST
Thanks again for all the info, interesting stuff. I was mostly worried about my NICs check getting screwed up over it, which would really be a headache. I think I'm just going to file my 4473 this time, and take care of the ticket next time I pay my sis and brother-in-law a visit. The thought of spending a night in a NYC jail is not, well, pleasing.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:42:58 PM EST
Stopped a lady that owned a restaurant. Her delivery people used her car to deliver the orders. They always parked her car in front of the restaurant at a fire hydrant.

She had 35 parking ticket warrants. 35 arrest affidavits had to be filled out. My partner and I wrote them, she proof read them. $30.00 each.

I couldn't just forget the warrants and tell her to get with the clerk of the court . When you ran a person on the onboard computer, dispatch would also get the warrant hit.

In Florida, they issue warrants for everything.

Colt_SBR
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:56:43 PM EST
Pay the ticket the first chance you get. It would really suck getting arrest for dropping your Metrocard on the floor while you visited your sister. No chance for a DAT even. Strait to Central Booking. I can only vouch for Brooklyn Central Booking, but I'd never want to end up there.
Top Top