Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2005 1:26:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:30:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/21/2005 1:33:10 PM EDT by DK-Prof]

Originally Posted By EricTheHun:
They look askance — these days — on patriotic sentiment (hence the rush to form a new European nation).

Not to nitpick, but those points are pretty inaccurate.

The EU has been a pipedream for DECADES, and may well be derailed in the next several years. I don't see any "rush" towards a "United States of Europe" - which ironically, is moving towards what the U.S. is.

I agree with most of the article - the European mainstream is probably like moderate Democrats, on average.

But don't let me get in the way of the inevitable "All Europeans are pussy, faggot, communist yellow bastards" sentiments that are no doubt coming soon
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:40:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:44:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/21/2005 1:44:34 PM EDT by DK-Prof]

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

But don't let me get in the way of the inevitable "All Europeans are pussy, faggot, communist yellow bastards" sentiments that are no doubt coming soon

We read the papers!

We watch the news!

And Europe is fast becoming the 'sick man of....uh...Europe.'

Eric The(Read'EmAEulogyAndShovelTheDirt)Hun

I agree the TREND is not a good one , but I confidently predict a resurgence of Europe as a delayed reaction to Islam's quite invasion (Denmarks super-tough immigration laws and growing resistance to the EU are symptomatic of this, I believe). Don't count out the Brits, Scandinavians, Baltic states and some of Eastern Europe yet.

If not, we're all screwed, and the FAR distant future will be a "Cold War" between an Islamic Europe/Africa/Asia, and a Christian North/South America. Luckily, I'll be long dead before that comes to pass.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:50:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:37:50 PM EDT

I sure hope you're right, DK-Prof, but I don't see a lot of hope on the horizon for Europe!

The only way to fight a war against a religious enemy is to have a religion of your own to encourage you and sustain you for the fight.

I don't see any resurgence of any 'religious' sentiments in Europe outside of the anti-Semitism of the French!

And hatred of the Jews ain't going to inspire a fight against anyone.

Eric The(Judeo-Christian)Hun

Well said!
Top Top