Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 7:22:22 AM EDT
Is it just me or do they seem slightly large?

discuss
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:23:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Not really.  I don't have a problem with mine being too big.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:23:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

discuss

As compared to what?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#3]
No.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:25:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That is NOT something most guys would ever admit. Good for you.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#5]

i think they ARE on the big side, but it's all usable, so it's not like they are just oversized.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:26:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:27:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
 I don't have a problem with mine being too big.

That's what she said.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:30:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:34:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

discuss

Large in general? Larger than C-More? Larger than scopes?
I think they aren't that large compared to high-powered scopes or even compared to an AR-15 carry handle.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't have a problem with mine being too big either.

In fact, I rather enjoy the fact that it is too big.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:17:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Put it up against an ACOG.....
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

discuss

How exactly are you trying to "use" it?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Nope, they're as big as they need to be.

Battery housing is largish on the AA battery models but - duh - that's because the batteries are larger.

FWIW I have 2 EOThings, both AA models for battery ubiquity. They're great. My dad's got an Aimpoint and he wishes he'd invested that money in an EOTech.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#15]
The optics companies need to use the C123 type batteries in there optics, same as our light use
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#16]
not really, they seem to be just the right size actually.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:04:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Size is fine for me, but I like the N battery model better than the AA, size wise.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I have the N bat model and it's fine.

Strange post.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:53:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
As compared to what?

An EOTech is HUGE compared to a bottlecap.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:06:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

discuss

How exactly are you trying to "use" it?

The answer to that would be: Family Outtings, Self/Home Defense, Voting, General Clean-Up (in that order ).

I personally prefer the "AA" battery over the "N" but like the smaller size of the "N" configuration. Thanks for the responses.  Looking forward to getting one.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:10:54 AM EDT
[#21]

I personally prefer the "AA" battery over the "N" but like the smaller size of the "N" configuration. Thanks for the responses.  Looking forward to getting one.

i bought the AA model:  however, my first AR has not arrived yet so i cant really talk about that aspect.  i chose the AA model because that type of battery is very accessible.  also, in a shtf senario you'd have better luck finding batteries, although i still need to get a buis
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:11:49 AM EDT
[#22]

Nope, but I wouldn't want to have to rely on them during an operation where "concealment" was a factor. That nice big glass front is a nice reflector for the sun and a good give away for your position.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:32:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Nope, but I wouldn't want to have to rely on them during an operation where "concealment" was a factor. That nice big glass front is a nice reflector for the sun and a good give away for your position.

It's coated... I would think if it was that big a beacon that the guys using them would have requested some kind of reflector-kill screen...

You get a small amount of reflection off them- you can see a light bounce off it for example- but you really have to angle it toward the light source. In fact it's not as bright as the light source itself- you can see a lightbulb but it's not as glaring as looking straight at the bulb...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:44:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's coated... I would think if it was that big a beacon that the guys using them would have requested some kind of reflector-kill screen...

You get a small amount of reflection off them- you can see a light bounce off it for example- but you really have to angle it toward the light source. In fact it's not as bright as the light source itself- you can see a lightbulb but it's not as glaring as looking straight at the bulb...

Do this and you'll see what I mean. Take a coated scope and put it out in a field or woods up to 500 yards away. Make sure you have the thing pointed at you and it's lens is not blocked by a tree or something. So...if there was a shooter behind the scope, binoculars or EOTech, they would have a clear line of sight to you. Now go back and look through some binoculars or a spotting scope or a rifle scope. The contrast of the ruby red or the jade green, will be seen. It's like a little, "hey, here I am!" If you were in a situation where you REALLY needed to stay hiden or didn't want someone to see you, I would DIFFINATELY not want to poke a coated lens in the direction of the "object" you were looking at. Trained snipers or spotters would pick you up and take you out. These type of people "practice" picking out objects that don't fit the enviroment.

EOTechs are great for urban assault where you aren't going to worry about concealment. And they are great for "tactical" shooting matches, police work, security work, etc. But I wouldn't take one on a recon mission or use one as a sniper, unless it was in a urban enviroment where you are in a building and have a screen up concealing your position.

Man made things stand out in natural enviroment and you have to make sure what ever you have on you or with you doesn't have straight lines, colors that are not in a natural enviroment and can look ANYTHING like a man made object. Coated lens stand out.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:53:11 AM EDT
[#25]
lippo: Noted. I just haven't heard of anyone complaining of reflections with the EOTech.

It's being used in the same role as the Aimpoint and there's a kill-screen for it, so I figured if it were an issue, EOTech would have addressed it. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:00:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As compared to what?

An EOTech is HUGE compared to a bottlecap.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:03:51 AM EDT
[#27]
The only problem I have with my "N" model Eo is that hitting the bolt release
can be slightly awkward.  It hangs out over the sides slightly.

I love it though.

Size isn't an issue.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:30:12 AM EDT
[#28]

How about the Docter Optics sight then?

Kinda pricey...the LEO model is around $700
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top