Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2002 11:53:16 AM EDT
I just put a 1" extension on my AR with the RRA LE stock and noticed that the CAR buffer rattles. I never noticed my A2 buffer doing this. Does thing have a loose counterweight to help reduce recoil?
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#1]
For those interested, here is a picture. The RRA stock is much better with the 1" extension.
[img]http://webpages.charter.net/jeff.hoeft/pics/Shorty.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two CAR buffers here at my desk and they both rattle.

One has a plastic body and it sounds like it's got bird-shot in it.

The other had an aluminum body and it sounds like it's got two or three slugs in it.  It also feels a little heavier than the other one.

LL
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks LL, Mines aluminum and it feels like there are 1 or 2 "weights" in it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes they rattle.  The cheaper CAR buffers are filled with bird shot. The originals, and the high quality versions use thick, heavy washer-like parts.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Strange, my RRA "Improved Telestock" buffer is silent. I dunno.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top