Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2005 9:57:28 PM EDT
Watched a show before leaving for work tonight. The premis was buying gifts. The host suggested not to buy toy guns for gifts as they were un-PC.  That got me to thinking, I have not been to a toy store in ages to buy a toy gun for anyone, bought my 8yr old an airsoft at the last gun show.

We buy my son mostly video games. Are toy guns being replaced with 1st person shooting games?

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#1]
sadly, yes
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I would agree also. My 2 sons 19 & 10, both know the characteristics various rifles and shotguns from playing the varios video games.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:20:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I always enjoyed going to 6 flags and other amusement parks when I was younger. I vividly remember my dad buying me those wooden cap guns and playing cowboys and indians, cops and robbers, GI's vs the Nazis. It's truely a shame a lot of kids will never see the light of day or have glorious battles over the snadpiles and bar ditches of our towns and neighborhoods.

I guess when you loose, it's just a 'RESET' and game on again for most.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I always enjoyed going to 6 flags and other amusement parks when I was younger. I vividly remember my dad buying me those wooden cap guns and playing cowboys and indians, cops and robbers, GI's vs the Nazis. It's truely a shame a lot of kids will never see the light of day or have glorious battles over the snadpiles and bar ditches of our towns and neighborhoods.

Darn video games are causing my kids to spend a good deal of their time indoors, moving only their fingers, to me this would be contributing factor to obesity. Before if you were outdoors you would at least run around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top