Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Archie , the real life flaming liberal?
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Archibald "Archie" Bunker is a fictional New Yorker in the 1970s top-rated American television sitcom All in the Family and its spin-off Archie Bunker's Place, played to acclaim by Carroll O'Connor. Bunker is a veteran of World War II, reactionary, conservative, blue-collar worker, and family man.

Are you talking about the actor who plays him? because I am not.

Link Posted: 6/17/2012 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Archibald "Archie" Bunker is a fictional New Yorker in the 1970s top-rated American television sitcom All in the Family and its spin-off Archie Bunker's Place, played to acclaim by Carroll O'Connor. Bunker is a veteran of World War II, reactionary, conservative, blue-collar worker, and family man.

He was played by a liberal actor to try and make conservative republicans look stupid.
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#7]
OK, I will give you two points for that
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was played by a liberal actor to try and make conservative republicans look stupid.

this. even a young buck like myself knows that Carroll O'Connor was a bleeding heart liberal who tried nothing more than to make conservatives look like racist morons.
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Conservative but also a union man, quite the conundrum.
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Conservative but also a union man, quite the conundrum.

Unions were not always a bastion of fuck. When they were started, they were instrumental in getting things like workers' safety finally brought to the light. As many things in life, they morphed to become something far, far from where they started.

Gotta remember that it was primarily democrats in the south who were against Lincoln and the federal government's imposition of power upon states. Not much to do with slavery; though that is how history has bent the civil war.

Loved All in the Family as a kid!
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Shut up you atheistic pinko meathead!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top