Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2002 2:06:33 PM EDT
I wonder why he did that?  Was his Security Chief not carrying out enough terrorist attacks against the Israelis? Read the article below and find out for yourself!

You [b]REALLY[/b] think the Israelis would be better off without Arafat?!!!!  

[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20020213/wl/palestinians_arafat_2.html[/url]

DaMan  
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Publicity stunt to rally his "troops", IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Publicity stunt to rally his "troops", IMHO.
View Quote

Yup, The incident could have been "staged!"  But somehow, I don't think that's the case!

Here's an article (yes, it's an op-ed piece and by Helen Thomas).  Now, Thomas is not my favorite!  But, she makes a great deal of sense in her article.

Check it out and see what you think!

[url]http://seattlepi/nwsource.com/opinion/57992_helen13.shtml[/url]

DaMan

Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe Arafat can get Mike Tyson to be his new bodyguard?
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Desperate times call for desperate men, I guess.

What with the international sentiment towards the Palestenians waning (with the seemingly never ending terror attacks), it seems  Arafat may be losing credibility on both sides.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:09:03 PM EDT
[#5]
That link's dead for me DaMan.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Arafat is Irrellevent, we could even offer him protection, but I think that we are at a point where no matter what our side does the Palestinians are going to blame both Arafat, Isreal, and the US.   The Palestinians are about to cross the rubicon. Watch for Arafats security chief to turn on him now.  Trust has been visibly lost. Palestines only hope is to put down their arms and return to their homes and live in Piece , accept Sharons very public anouncement and offer for palestinian state hood.  If they don't take the high road now they are doomed.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I would be a litle jumpy if I were in his shoes.  He may be, like all gangsters, getting soft in his old age.  There is always some young one itching to pick up the mantle.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Palestine is so ANGRY they have become stupid, Are maybe they are stupid and became angry in either case, they don't seem to realize that the US and ISREAL are offering every means of reconciliation. The palestinians do not know the western mindset at all.  After reconsiliation is turned down or ignored it is common western philosophy (and mine as well) to totally whip the shit out of your enemy.  Palestine must heed that. If they don't they are going down.  Because sharons offer was the last one to be offered.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That link's dead for me DaMan.
View Quote

Try seattlepi.com look for editorial section.   Yahoo expires quickly!

DaMan
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:  Because sharons offer was the last one to be offered.  
View Quote

If Sharon is even implicated in Arafat's demise, or it appears that the Israelis have adopted a puppet, a Palestinian power struggle will ensue, and the contestants for Arafat's mantle will likely try to outdo each other in violent actions against Israel.

Arafat "irrelevant"?  I don't think so!

DaMan

Link Posted: 2/13/2002 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#11]
They are going to blame Sharon no matter what he does. That is their way.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 8:31:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They are going to blame Sharon no matter what he does. That is their way.
View Quote

Sharon WILL be to blame! Sharon is a scum!  He's a war criminal!

DaMan
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#13]
The more I look into Sharon's past, the scummier he is!

Sabra and Chatila are just his most famous war crimes!

Check into his slaughter of civilians in Qibya!

[url]http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/mideast/mid009.htm[/url]

He was also involved in slaughtering about 270 Egyptian POWs and Sudanese civilians back in 1956!

He's a sweaty that wants only peace!  [V]

DaMan
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 10:24:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Is it possible to take out a life insurance policy on Arafat.  Me thinks his days are numbered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top