Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2002 1:53:20 PM EDT
[url]http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/A/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1033131982596[/url]

Palestinian Authority Chairman Yasser Arafat vowed yesterday to continue his struggle for a Palestinian state with Jerusalem as its
capital.

The remarks made by telephone from his besieged and largely destroyed Ramallah compound were transmitted to thousands of
Palestinians at a Gaza rally marking the second year of the Palestinian uprising. He also addressed demonstrators in the West Bank
town of Kalkilya.
In the Gaza Strip, over 10,000 took to the streets, Palestinian sources estimated. The demonstrators included women, children,
students, and Fatah, PLO, and Hamas activists.
"We, the Palestinian people, care not about the siege, because we are the stronger people!" Arafat shouted.

"The people are with you, Abu Amar!" the crowd chanted back, using the 73-year-old leader's nom de guerre.

"We reiterate on this anniversary that we are marching until victory and until the establishment of a Palestinian state with Jerusalem as
its capital," Arafat told the crowds.

Arafat said the struggle will continue until "a child of our children... will raise the flag of Palestine over the walls of Jerusalem and the
minarets of Jerusalem and the churches of Jerusalem. Noble Jerusalem will remain the capital of the Palestinian state whether anybody
wants it or not," he said.

"We are not only defending our holy places, Christian and Islamic, but every inch of our holy land," Arafat continued.
[img]http://home.nyc.rr.com/pinchas/images/pol/Israel/IDF/IDFvsPLObabywar.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Weren't those Isrealies about to kill him?
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Great little picture 9er. Says a lot.
Israel should have killed arafatso after the Lod Airport bombing back in 73 I think it was.
Why are they letting him live?
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 3:07:49 PM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://home.nyc.rr.com/pinchas/images/pol/Israel/IDF/IDFvsPLObabywar.gif[/img]

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and this is one of those instances that prove it.

In the past, I've been (really) critical of Israel, accusing them of being as bad as the Palestinians (but by no means claiming the palestinians are the good guys.)

I've been reassessing that opinion over the last few months (Hun, if you're reading this, our, uh, "conversations" were a big part of it) and pretty much just had a lightbulb go off on seeing that picture.

The statement made there is an absolute truism, and I can't ignore it.

Here's a public apology to all the Israeli soldiers I've slandered in the past.  While I would still like to see peace obtained through a means other than unrestricted warfare, all I can say is: "Do what you have to do guys.  I understand now, and I'm sorry."
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Too bad Israel just can't kick every Arab out of the nation that never existed - Palestine and keep moving towards east.  It'd also be nice to see Saddam send some scuds towards Israel so Sharron sends that nuke towards Bagdad like he promised.
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#5]
i think that picture should be on the front page of every newspaper for at least 1 week just to show the mentality of the palestinians.
(they are very STUPID!!)
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#7]
They just never learn, do they?

Check out this photo of a young girl ready to go march in a parade....two years ago? Nope.

This weekend! They have [u]no[/u] idea how this appears to the Western World!

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020929/capt.1033316198.mideast_lebanon_palestinians_bei105.jpg[/img]

Caption: A girls adjusts the fake explosives on a friend dressed as a suicide bomber as they march at the Ein el-Hilweh refugee camp near the southern port city of Sidon, Lebanon, Sunday, Sept. 29, 2002. About 5,000 supporters of the militant Hamas group marched to mark the second anniversary of the latest Palestinian uprising.

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020929/capt.1033316125.mideast_lebanon_palestinians_bei104.jpg[/img]

Caption: Young girls dressed as suicide bombers are strapped with fake explosives as they march at the Ein el-Hilweh refugee camp near the southern port city of Sidon, Lebanon, Sunday, Sept. 29, 2002. About 5,000 supporters of the militant Hamas group marched to mark the second anniversary of the latest Palestinian uprising.

[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020929/i/1033304380.4026531922.jpg[/img]

Caption: A Palestinian from the Islamic group Hamas carries the holy book the Koran tucked into a belt of simulated explosives as others dressed as suicide bombers march past during demonstrations held at the Ain al-Hilweh refugee camp near the port city of Sidon in south Lebanon, September 29, 2002. The Hamas group in Lebanon marched through the Ain al-Hilweh refugee camp on Sunday to mark the second anniversary of the Palestinian uprising against Israel. REUTERS/Jamal Saidi

[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020929/i/1033304139.3624001616.jpg[/img]

Caption: A Palestinian girl wears a suicide bomber belt during a rally called by the Islamic group Hamas held at the Ain al-Hilweh refugee camp near the port city of Sidon in south Lebanon, September 29, 2002. The Hamas group in Lebanon marched through the Ain al-Hilweh refugees camp on Sunday to mark the second anniversary of the Palestinian uprising against Israel. REUTERS/Jamal Saidi

There were more pics, but you get the idea.

Eric The(StupidIsAsStupidDoes)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They have [u]no[/u] idea how this appears to the Western World!

Eric The(StupidIsAsStupidDoes)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

True, but then this photo was not meant for the west but for the Palestinians, Arabians, Egyptians, Syrians, etc., and it will, unfortunately, play well to the intended audience.
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#9]
10,000 target of opportunity! Maybe the US should sell some daisycutters to Israel. Make no
mistake, they not only hate Israel, they hate the US, and the rest of the western world. We will have to take care of them sooner or later.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 5:51:11 AM EDT
[#10]

"We are not only defending our holy places, Christian and Islamic, but every inch of our holy land," Arafat continued.
View Quote

Yeah, right.  He is trying to say that the Muslims are joined with the Christians against the Jews.  What a joke, as if he or any Muslim likes Christians any better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top