Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2002 5:46:11 PM EDT
Or more specifically, why arn't there. Is it a company policy. Not enough demand. No distributers. I can't really concieve a reason why Walmart can not sell Ars or possibly the new Ar-180b.
On a side note, can Walmart stores order any Ar's from the big book?
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 6:09:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I was told by a Walmart employee that the variety of rifles and shotguns in any particular Walmart is determined by the sporting goods department manager.  There was a Walmart by my old office that had Colt AR's, Mini-14 and SA M1A all the time.      
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 6:10:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe that Wal-Mart can indeed order any gun that you want.  They only stock certain models because they have contracts with the suppliers and get(demand??) much lower prices.  The prices on special orders guns aren't any better than your local gun shop.  Why don't they sell ARs?? Better ask the manufacturers that one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]
When you special order from any of the Wal-Marts around here they pull out a Zander's catalog, and you don't get the lowest price like on other items, it's cheaper to go through my local dealer.  One thing that helps Wally World put those low prices on the firearms they carry is the sheer volume they order from the mfg's.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 6:16:45 PM EDT
[#5]
OK tonite one of my shooting buddies called me...he just bought a Remington 1100, 20 guage at a local WalMart for $200!! I'm getting the itch...
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Wal-Mart only carries politically correct firearms (the bear minimum to attract the hunting crowd.) They are big supporters of the DNC, Bubba Clinton, and that crowd's agenda.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes wal-mart SUCKS THE BIG ONE!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I was told by a Walmart employee that the variety of rifles and shotguns in any particular Walmart is determined by the sporting goods department manager.
View Quote

If there was any job that's begging to be infiltrated by a "black rife" enthusiast, this is it! Any AR15.com members out there have management aspirations at Wal Mart?
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#10]
i know many chains (sheels comes to mind) have a very specific store policy on naughty guns they wont sell, or even look at. sheels wont let an ar15 in the door for bore sighting or anything. for some reason i but some exotics never made it on their list. now i just need a daewoo with telestock to take in their and point out "its not on the list"
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#11]
The Sheels in Appleton, WI is by-far the worst sporting good store (which sells firearms) I have ever visited. No, they will give you a snotty reply on any request for black rifles and a ignorant reply to any questions on the firearms they do carry. They cant even mount a scope correctly.

rant  [:(!]  [:(!]  [:(!]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#12]
i worked at one of the largest WM stores in the nation in high school and college in the back office and in sporting goods.

we had a 300 gun inventory and sold AR's weekly.
we use to sell 20-30 guns a day, and we had freakin semi trailers full out back of .22's and shotguns for the kiddies at Xmas time.

now there are certain models manufactured for WM at bargain prices...the rest have 2 modes of wholesaling.

1- a warehouse, the most common guns go thru here.. your marlins...some rugers...and such.

2- the rest we got from GENE SEARS.

we use to send guns off to be Z-coated ( a few AR's and desert eagle 44's ) for special sales...and things like that.

we ordered HK's..AR's..zeiss optics.
it was awesome baby...

after sam died the company changed...
we had 2 isles of reloading and the lawyers said that had to go..

i dont know about the AR's now...since COLT guns are hard to get from the factory.
thats all i ever saw was a COLT.

of course we had a gun nut manager...that helped too.

Link Posted: 1/26/2002 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#13]
When I worked at WM1648 it was right at the time of Sam's death. I ran the sporting goods counter and was told by my distributor that Wally Mart corporate policy stated that I couldn't order any "assault rifles." So I got Rem700VSs, mini14s, 870s, anything that was remotely interesting, and they sold like muthas.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 1:50:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I believe that I read on this site some time ago that Wal-Mart stores somewhere carry AR-15s. Alaska maybe?
View Quote

Nope. Not once did I see an AR in a Wal-Mart up there. Lots of Minis, shotguns, and boltguns, but no ARs.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:19:58 AM EDT
[#15]
I used to work (last 18 months) in a WW sporting goods dept (Boone, NC) and I have two friends that still work there (One is the SG manager).  They do not sell politically incorrect rifles~ it is a company decision and not the manager's.  

I know I've tried several times while there by trying to "sneak" the M1A & AR order numbers by the Sports South guy and he would always laugh and say [i]"You know I can't sell those to you!"[/i]

Damm rat bastards down in Little Rock.  Nothing good ever came from AR.

[b][red][i]Libertas an Mortis![/b][/red][/i]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 7:05:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm guessing that WalMart doesn't sell AR's for one of three reasons.
A) They are out of the price range for the average WM shopper
B) They just don't want to sell black rifles.
C) Can't get the volume discount that they are looking for.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#17]
The Chinese are making AR's now?
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#18]
I used to thumb through the order book at my WM pretty regular.  I used to be able to order Colt AR's, but haven't looked in quite some time.  Always figured that they didnt stock them due to low intrest around here.  On a side note they do have one dunce working in there that orders high end shotguns that he cant move, so they end up cutting them down in price till they take a loss just to get rid of them.  Got a Winchester Super X sitting there I have been watching fall for a while.  HeHeHe
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
OK tonite one of my shooting buddies called me...he just bought a Remington 1100, 20 guage at a local WalMart for $200!! I'm getting the itch...
View Quote

That's an awesome price.  I picked up the exact same gun 3 years ago at Wal-Mart on sale for $278 and that was a great deal too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 9:51:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't know what happened to the place. Does anyone remember Wallyworld saying that they were "planing to start taking orders any rifle or handgun" a few years ago?

The second AR that *I* bought came from the Tupelo, MS Walmart. They were already called AR15s, but it was just an old slab-sided Colt with the hammer ground, rivet in the selector hole, & "civilian trigger group" (M-16 carrier though).  It sat around so long that the manager sold it to me for $325 -- no one was interested in it!

Of course this was around 1973, when we still could be trusted with such things.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:02:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Nothing good ever came from AR.

[b][red][i]Libertas an Mortis![/b][/red][/i]
View Quote

My CQB came from AR!!!!

The WW's around here have SQUAT for ammo selection, but have decent prices on scopes. All the sell as far as firearms go are full size shotguns (no pistol grips only) and 7mm rifles.

[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The Sheels in Appleton, WI is by-far the worst sporting good store (which sells firearms) I have ever visited.
View Quote

Then you should visit a Bass Pro store. They "do not sell personal defense firearms" I was told. All the have are 22LR pistols & some 44mag & 10mm revolvers with 8" or longer barrels. Assholes.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 10:40:03 PM EDT
[#23]
i bought my mossberg 500 persuader for $169 in 1998. now they fetch close to $300 at gun shops and shows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top