Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2006 6:48:44 PM EDT
I am going to replace some windows. I need to remove about 3/4" of the trim. I know I can do some parts with a circular saw ,but when it comes to the inside corners how do i cut them straight?on a circular saw or a jig saw the shoes would get in the way. I don't want to remove the trim because I would have to redo the drywall.

Thanks

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
It will probably be easier to replace everything, than to mess around and try to cut a little out.  JMHO
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Wash...I don't see trim in the pic...only drywall cut tight to the aluminum window.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:56:08 PM EDT
[#3]
A recip saw and a steady hand.  Nothing to it.  My buddy does some damn miracle work on rotten wood replacement for big $$$$ homes. He runs the recip saw like he is a brain surgeon.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#4]
One of those little flush cutting hand saws would do the job.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Now I've seen it all.

This place is a one stop shop for tips on relationships, jobs, cooking, and everything else.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#6]
That smooth area on the wall at the corner is a repair that will be improved by doing it right.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wash...I don't see trim in the pic...only drywall cut tight to the aluminum window.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#8]
No idea if this would work, but maybe Dremel?

I'm thinking recip saw though.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:19:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe i should be more clear. The replacement window is thicker. To be at the same level on the outside as  the old one I need to remove 3/4' from the trim board. I don't think a recip saaw will work as there is probalbly a 2x4 under the trim board.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top