Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2016 2:04:41 PM EDT
Bought a Series 2 and have been using it for a few days. Replaced my Garmin fitness tracker band after I realizes I loved the notifications.

10/10. Would recommend to anyone with an iPhone.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:47:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Once they make it round I'll get one...
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Once they make it round I'll get one...
View Quote

I thought I would hate it but I actually like the shape
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I only like wearing mine at work so I don't have to take my phone out to see who's trying to bug me
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#4]
The gps on the new one makes all the difference.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#5]
How is the battery life?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:58:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How is the battery life?
View Quote

About 2 days for me with moderate-heavy use
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Cueing the GD posters flame baiting how wearing a watch these days is gay in 5...4...3...2...
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife likes her first gen
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a 1st gen my kids bought me last Christmas. I wanted to like it, but it's kind of meh. I do you the activity app though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Bought a Series 2 and have been using it for a few days. Replaced my Garmin fitness tracker band after I realizes I loved the notifications.

View Quote

Both my wife and I like our Gen 1, will very likely upgrade to Gen two or might wait for Gen 3 as the GPS is not a necessity for me. My wife would replace her Garmin running watch with a Gen 2, that'll be a birthday present very likely.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a 1st gen my kids bought me last Christmas. I wanted to like it, but it's kind of meh. I do you the activity app though.
View Quote

I get a lot of notifications during the day (business related) so it's helpful for me instead of having to find my phone every time to read them

Also ties into my home automation/security and buzzes my wrist if any of my doors open, etc. Whereas I might miss it if my phone is in my pocket.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#12]
My wife loves hers.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:24:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Both my wife and I have a gen 1. She mostly uses it for fittness and I mostly use mine for work. It is really nice to review emails without pulling pulling out my phone.

I use it extensively when traveling as well for directions. I like that it quickly view the directions on my wrist.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#14]
The wife and I both have Gen1s.

They're pretty darned peachy keen.

I probably won't upgrade to a Gen2, even with the water resistance... maybe next year's model.

I'd like a round one for sure.

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a moto360 and I bought my mother an apple watch for christmas last year.

They aren't life changing devices but they are handy and fun. I love getting texts on my watch, or being able to answer calls on my watch. The maps and directions are handy too, especially if you are in a car without a mount for your phone or gps.

When mine dies (got to be well over 2 years old now and I have not been gentle to it) I will happily buy whatever the new hotness is in smartwatches.

Just to really put a bug up somebody's ass, people notice a whiz angry silly smartwatch before they do an expensive traditional watch.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I get a lot of notifications during the day (business related) so it's helpful for me instead of having to find my phone every time to read them

Also ties into my home automation/security and buzzes my wrist if any of my doors open, etc. Whereas I might miss it if my phone is in my pocket.
View Quote

Can't even lift your phone out of your pocket?

What kind of feeble society are we living in??

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

So as long as you're on the same WiFi network, you get your notifications on the Watch regardless of where your phone is, correct?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:51:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Can't even lift your phone out of your pocket?

What kind of feeble society are we living in??

View Quote

I know you're kidding, but the serious answer is that in a situation where it's rude to look at your phone, it's easy to glance at your watch and see if whatever just buzzed is important enough to interrupt.

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:53:00 PM EDT
[#19]
the timer and weather for highs and lows is glitchy on my nike series 2. called apple and they're aware, no eta for fix.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I use it extensively when traveling as well for directions. I like that it quickly view the directions on my wrist.
View Quote

This.  Once I got used to the bifference between turn left and turn right buzzes I've used it to keep from being as conspicuously tourist when traveling.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So as long as you're on the same WiFi network, you get your notifications on the Watch regardless of where your phone is, correct?
View Quote

Correct, if you are far away from your phone but still in WiFi then it will switch to WiFi on the watch
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Correct, if you are far away from your phone but still in WiFi then it will switch to WiFi on the watch
View Quote

Cool, that's what I'm looking for. I hate carrying my phone around when I'm at home, but I hate getting bitched at for missing a call/text even more.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:01:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Do you have to buy an otter box to encase it so it does not get scratched?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Do you have to buy an otter box to encase it so it does not get scratched?
View Quote
i have all mine nekked
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I only like wearing mine at work so I don't have to take my phone out to see who's trying to bug me
View Quote

This is the only reason I like mine. My hands are usually dirty at work so I don't have to get my phone out to see who is calling or texting me. I'm not a watch guy but it was a gift from my wife.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Since I got my 7 Plus it's much easier to keep it in my pocket and look at my watch.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#27]
I bought one for my wife for XMAS. Hope she likes it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#28]
I really want one.

But one of two things would happen.
Either I would love it and it would become an everyday wear item or I won't like it and it will languish in a desk drawer for a decade before I tossed it.

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#29]
My wife wears her gen 1 all the time.

I still prefer to wear my assortment of dumb watches.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#30]
I get notifications on my fitbit. Good enough. I don't need all of the other stuff. I just like having the notice so I don't miss calls and txts when my phone is in my pocket.

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#31]
No thanks, Omega is better… How much is the series 1 going for these days?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I bought one for my wife for XMAS. Hope she likes it.
View Quote

As did I.  It'll be here Friday. If she doesn't like it, I'll take it back and get a 42mm for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top