Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/7/2012 8:41:42 PM EDT
What should I put in it?

I'm thinking a pistol, a crusty sock and two black olives.

What do you say?
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
trucker bomb and an unwrapped bar of dial soap.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Twinkies
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I've always dreamed of having a safe deposit box. The only problem is I have nothing to put into there to justify getting one
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#4]
bottle of scotch

Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:51:21 PM EDT
[#5]
A pistol, 6 passports, contacts...
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:53:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Pistol, passport, emergency cash, jump drive with all important info (contact info, s/n to important stuff, etc) extra set of contacts or glasses.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#7]
put meat or something in it, never open it, and close the account.  LOL at the thought of the worker that has to open it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#8]
guns are an absolute no-no inside of banks.  Other than that, your nuclear launch keys maybe?
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Put all of your gold in there. That way the Government won't have to bust down your door at 3:00 am to confiscate it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:54:18 PM EDT
[#10]
fill it with jelly beans and condoms and plan on never retrieving the contents.
some day a group of people will be looking at that and saying wtf is going on here.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
guns are an absolute no-no inside of banks.  Other than that, your nuclear launch keys maybe?

Not sure if serious?
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Nothing you ever really need if shit goes bad.  These things are the biggest fraud ever committed on anyone.....ever.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Pretty sure the wal-mart game thread has this covered.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
guns are an absolute no-no inside of banks.

Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:57:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:57:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What should I put in it?

I'm thinking a pistol, a crusty sock and two black olives.

What do you say?

Yes a pistol, make sure you open carry it when you walk in too.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Fill it with truck nuts.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#19]
A fish.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I think mine is empty but I lost the key

Probably has your bowling shoes in it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Nothing you ever really need if shit goes bad.  These things are the biggest fraud ever committed on anyone.....ever.

Ask anyone that lived through the FDR regime how "safe" those deposit boxes are.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

O RLY?
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Once I accidentally handed a teller my CCW rather than my drivers license.  She asked what I was carrying.  Then she said that she wished she was allowed to carry at work.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 9:12:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess to clarify, most banks don't want you to have guns in them (as in against their rules, not law) in any way shape or form, not that they could catch you easily, as it would be easy to hide a handgun but still.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

And why would that be, does your state have stupid laws or something?
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#27]
One forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days'
concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics,
morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills;
one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred
dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing
gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon
stockings.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

One forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings.

Shoot. A fellow could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff. </Kong>

My hat is off to you sir! Well played. I say again, Well Played!!

Link Posted: 12/7/2012 11:03:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
One forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings.

What happen when there's a national emergency and the bank's close (no employee show up to work) and noone's there to let you access the safety box?  
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 11:05:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shoot. A fellow could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff. </Kong>  

A fellow could have a pretty good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 11:08:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Poop thread.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 11:09:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Wat?

Maybe in Husker country but not everywhere.
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 1:36:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once I accidentally handed a teller my CCW rather than my drivers license.  She asked what I was carrying.  Then she said that she wished she was allowed to carry at work.

CCW is not a problem in NM.

My bank requires you to remove your sunglasses whe you enter, but not to leave your gun in your car! Whatta state we live in!
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 2:40:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Put your signed 8x10 picture of Obama with the quote "I blame Bush" and leave it forever.
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 2:42:28 AM EDT
[#35]

Treasure map. Preferably with the destination being someplace that is now underwater.

Link Posted: 12/8/2012 4:07:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happen when there's a national emergency and the bank's close (no employee show up to work) and noone's there to let you access the safety box?  

What? You've never broken into a bank vault before?
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 4:09:33 AM EDT
[#37]
If you die, uncle sugar gets first dibs on it. Happened to family last year, old man worked for the US mint and squirrled away from work with 13 uncirculated gold coins. They would have been worth $$$ millions. They were declared US property are gone.

They were originally stolen but I'd rather the family had gotten to keep them than ending up disappearing.
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 4:25:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If you die, uncle sugar gets first dibs on it. Happened to family last year, old man worked for the US mint and squirrled away from work with 13 uncirculated gold coins. They would have been worth $$$ millions. They were declared US property are gone.

They were originally stolen but I'd rather the family had gotten to keep them than ending up disappearing.

Weren't they stolen?
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 4:35:50 AM EDT
[#39]

All that cash and a fucking POLYMER Sig?

Get yourself a West German P228
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 4:37:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 5:00:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You are related to the "double eagle" story? Link?
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 5:26:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask anyone that lived through the FDR regime how "safe" those deposit boxes are.

I agree. A .gov/financial SHTF will guarantee they're not safe or worse yet they'll open them to see if there's any "contraband". If it's an arfpocalypse the bank will be burned to the ground. They're only trustworthy for personal SHTF events like a tornado wipes out your home.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 6:14:54 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess to clarify, most banks don't want you to have guns in them (as in against their rules, not law) in any way shape or form, not that they could catch you easily, as it would be easy to hide a handgun but still.

Come south. Our banks don't have stupid rules like that.

Link Posted: 12/8/2012 6:24:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 6:24:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Gold coins
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 6:28:33 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

guns are an absolute no-no inside of banks. Other than that, your nuclear launch keys maybe?

Maybe in Nebraska....but not in a lot of other states. I CCW into my bank in TX all the time. It's totally legal.

Link Posted: 12/8/2012 6:29:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Put the keys init so you don't lose them

And maybe a random safe combo
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 6:30:33 AM EDT
[#48]
There are safer, more anonymous ways to store your shit.
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 6:35:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

In case it hasn't been pointed out already, 100% false. ATF actually recommends deposit boxes for NFA.
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 6:37:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pure win.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top