[#1]
Don't feel bad...

I missed quite alot of people as well.

I met Campy, MM, Tattoo, and Helldog.

I missed the whole Ohio group.

Bob
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:42:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Daymnnn!  Check out the mortar on the flatbed!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:06:03 AM EDT
[#3]
There were just so many people to meet.  I was there and I missed a bunch of people, but I also met a great bunch of others too.  

Look at it as an excuse to go next year.

I will actually have to drive from atlanta next year, but I have 4 friends that want to go now that the pics and movies are up. 11 hrs isint too bad.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:37:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:47:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Well Tom, just to make sure I don't miss you at Gunstock, I'll let you buy me a beer.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Hell, I had the oposite problem, everyone seamed to know whop I was and just thought that I knew who they were.  People were talking to me like they had been my best friend for years, knew me as Ober, all the while, I didn't have a clue who the hell 90% of you were. I know I should have asked, but I was having a bad day and didn't want to look stupid!
Everyone there was really nice and friendly, my hats off to all of you....who ever you were.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:53:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought you were going to apologize for firing that 30 cal over the berm. [:D]

I'm an introvert too.  I can't just walk up to someone and introduce myself.  If someone else does it I'm fine.  Next time, I'm wearing a name tag too.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:00:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am not the most outgoing kind of guy in person but I do enjoy meeting others. I guess you could say I am a bit of an introvert. In any case, next year I am going to have a T-shirt made up with my name on it in the hopes that others members will recognize me and stop to say Hi.
View Quote

I think that a simple t-shirt that looks as if it was ripped to shreds by a bear would suffice!

[:D]

Eric The(A'YogiAndBooBoo'T-shirt?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:05:38 AM EDT
[#10]
and here i thought you was gonna apologize fer gettin' nekkid and dancing around like a damn fool...like that OTHER guy....

[}:D]

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Wished I could have made it. Was off work with my bad back when the schedule requests had to be in. Grrrrr....I'll be there next year. Maybe we could wear name tags or something. Last year Lumpy 223 was nice enough to let me use his tent for awhile. next year.....
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wished I could have made it. Was off work with my bad back when the schedule requests had to be in. Grrrrr....I'll be there next year. Maybe we could wear name tags or something. Last year Lumpy 223 was nice enough to let me use his tent for awhile. next year.....
View Quote

Name tags should be required by all AR15 guys who want to be recognized.

Sorry to hear you couldn't make it, Brother Bill.

I'm not sure how I am going to adjust to going back to semi-auto.  After Bulletfest, $8000 for an M16 doesn't sound too outlandish.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:23:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Don't feel bad TJ. I only managed to walk the firing line twice Saturday.
The only people I met were in the campground Friday.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#14]
TomJefferson and greenhorn, BOTH OF YOU WERE PEOPLE WHO I WAS HOPING TO GET A CHANCE TO MEET AT BULLETFEST!

Especially you greenhorn. You're a LOCAL GUY  who lives 20 minutes from me for chrissakes.

Seriously though, between all the stuff going on, hanging with old friends, making food, camp, etc... there's so much going on, it's actually pretty difficult to track down and meet everyone.

I'll get to all of you sometime or another though.

Hell, maybe I will take 2 months off work and just drive around the country meeting gun people.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#15]
[b]Daymnnn! Check out the mortar on the flatbed![/b]

that belongs to a friend of mine.

lumpy, EVERYONE KNOWS YOU!!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, sorry I didn't meet you, BenDover.  I don't really know why I didn't.

Hey, if I ever get my car fixed we could go to the Middletown Sportsman club.  I have a guest membership.  The bent alignment rod is fixed, but now the transmission is shot.  It only drives in reverse.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hey, if I ever get my car fixed we could go to the Middletown Sportsman club.  I have a guest membership.  The bent alignment rod is fixed, but now the transmission is shot.  It only drives in reverse.
View Quote

so uh,,, whats stopping you? [;D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seems to be alot of that going around....wouldnt you say thats true, BenD? [;D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:13:44 PM EDT
[#22]
That morter was a great little toy.. wonder if I could mount on in the hatch of the Mustang, turn it into mini pickup [:D]

TJ was good meeting you and your son, and teaching me how to work the stripper clips.

Maybe the SW Ohio crew would want to get together some time at Fairfield Sportsmen's club?   Probably enough folks here are members to get around the 2 guests/member limit.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn TJ! I was your Range Officer on that end from about 1~3 and didn't even know that was you! Sorry I didn't get to say hi!

Rot
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:32:49 PM EDT
[#24]
I too was guilty of not talking to too many people. I don't think I talked to anyone from here. Although that would have made the drive home that much worse since I was making it a one day trip, and I am sure you guys would not have been able to get me to shut up. It is hard to get me going, but I wont stop.

After seeing the Minigun, I cant wait until next year.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I am not the most outgoing kind of guy in person but I do enjoy meeting others. I guess you could say I am a bit of an introvert. In any case, next year I am going to have a T-shirt made up with my name on it in the hopes that others members will recognize me and stop to say Hi.
View Quote

Next year I will have a shirt made up with your face on it saying, "I am looking for Lumpy223".
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
...QCMGR,you were easy to recognize with your cav hat.Nice meeting you.Too bad you had to leave before the festivities started that night!

View Quote

It was good to say hello!  Next time I plan on spending more time.  I really regret not being able to stay Saturday night. Now I understand how James Lovell must have felt on Apollo 13 having travelled all that way just to have to turn around and go home.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:35:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:55:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Is that a motar in the truck behind you?  How big? Did they let loose some tubes?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:09:12 AM EDT
[#30]
TJ,
After Campy made the announcement at the meeting, we were swamped for shirts! I wish I could have spent more time talking to each person that bought one!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:18:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:44:44 AM EDT
[#32]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=14183[/img]

Schweet!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:46:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Note to self...Bring weedeater with me!

BigDozer66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top