Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2003 12:15:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:24:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet!

I had the opportunity to visit a research facility that had a few chimps and some larger apes, It was truly amazing how similar they are to us humans. For instance one of the females, liked to only read/look at the chick magazines like Redbook or Cosmo, she also had a thing for putting female clothes on and lipstick. The Males on the other hand were aggressive towards me, kinda like I was in their house, one of them took my shoes and wore them around like the were his!

Very Cool stuff
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:28:06 AM EDT
[#2]

From the replies from our Georgia AR15 bro's I assumed that apes have been communicating for years.

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:29:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:35:11 AM EDT
[#4]
SHOOT IT RIGHT NOW!!!
Before it teachs its brothers and sisters to talk and they get together and sue for reparations..... sound farfetched?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:39:13 AM EDT
[#5]

They ain't gonna' sue.

Sheesh, don't you watch the movies?

Damn, dirty apes!

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:12:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh great, not only are they going to want reparations but they are all going to move to florida and start voting.
But on the bright side there will be plenty of new applicants at the police academies.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:25:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Ummm......  Guys.......  Not only has Mr. Heston taught us about the Bible, civil rights, and gun ownership, he made a couple movies about the dangers of "smart" monkeys.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:42:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 2:15:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Send him up to Maryland to be Sheriff....
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

From the replies from our Georgia AR15 bro's I assumed that apes have been communicating for years.

View Quote
Glad I didnt say that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#12]
This isn't the Al Sharpton for president thread?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
Glad I didnt say that.
View Quote

No, but you thought it.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:13:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I was in a German restaurant one night many years ago.  This was before it was known that chimps in the wild would kill and eat meat.  There were a lot of show biz people who ate there and in walks a guy with a chimp.  The owner knew them and sat them at the table next to me and my date.  The chimp dug into a plate of very fine German sausages using a knife and fork.  He had a lot better manners than my son does.  This chimp understood everything that was said to him.  I guess it really isn't that surprising that he could respond by tlaking if he was taught how.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:35:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Ape in Georgia can talk?This is old news.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top