PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/3/2008 6:19:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:23:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:25:14 PM EDT
I think he got a direct hit on that first guy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:28:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2008 6:30:49 PM EDT by bloodmoon]
I assume there is more than one Apache doing the observation on that shot.  It seems hard as hell to tell who is a combatant and who is a civilian who just shit his pants and is running for his life.  

When I was in the the Army Apaches hunted in packs with at least one Longbow in the pack is this still true or was this one Apache doing the observation and firing.  

I assume you are a combatant if you run back to the scene of the crime but still it seems damn hard to identifiy the targets with IR.

Is it called FLIR or is it something else.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:28:37 PM EDT
Man I love these videos...
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:30:37 PM EDT
The Goo spot...... HAHAHHAHAHAAAAA
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:32:31 PM EDT
They must work for McDonald's.......'cause I'm lovin' it!
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:36:12 PM EDT
NO MERCY!  
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:39:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bloodmoon:
I assume there is more than one Apache doing the observation on that shot.  It seems hard as hell to tell who is a combatant and who is a civilian who just shit his pants and is running for his life.  

When I was in the the Army Apaches hunted in packs with at least one Longbow in the pack is this still true or was this one Apache doing the observation and firing.  

I assume you are a combatant if you run back to the scene of the crime but still it seems damn hard to identifiy the targets with IR.

Is it called FLIR or is it something else.

www.liveleak.com/view?i=31d_1212789344

Check this vid out. It's a full engagement, where you can clearly tell that there are multiple people working together and relaying information to each other before the trigger is pressed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:43:39 PM EDT

it seems damn hard to identifiy the targets with IR.

You are not getting to see every tool in the box they have exceptional abilities and alternative views they can employ.  White hot, black hot, standard color, black and white.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:44:03 PM EDT
Rest in pieces
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:44:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1IV:

Vaporized.  Good shoot!
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:44:50 PM EDT
Never get old.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:45:36 PM EDT
"......that spot where the goo is".  
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:49:24 PM EDT
the geniva convention outlaws using anything larger than 30 caliber on infantry. 30mm is quite large to be shooting at people. so is the 50 cal sniper rifles. while dead is dead.... and they SHOULD be dead.... I thought we held ourselfs to higher standards than them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:50:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:52:14 PM EDT
Here's a good one right here

www.liveleak.com/view?i=7d6_1212756819
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:52:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By USMC88-93:

it seems damn hard to identifiy the targets with IR.

You are not getting to see every tool in the box they have exceptional abilities and alternative views they can employ.  White hot, black hot, standard color, black and white.
When I was in I use to watch the Apache packs on the range through night vision and thought it was the greatest light show on Earth.  I was wondering if the Apaches now hunt alone or if they still hunt in packs.  It seems they where on those guys like flys on shit so I assume they still have a number of Kiowa warriors or Apaches doing the observation for the actual shooter.  They were pretty fast on target and it seems like they had help identifing the targets.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:52:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By slappomatt:
the geniva convention outlaws using anything larger than 30 caliber on infantry. 30mm is quite large to be shooting at people. so is the 50 cal sniper rifles. while dead is dead.... and they SHOULD be dead.... I thought we held ourselfs to higher standards than them.

What the fuck do you mean by that?
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:52:58 PM EDT

Dayum, a little bell just rang in my head for the dumbest thing I've read today. *Ding*Ding*
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:53:12 PM EDT

Learn how to spell Geneva asswipe.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:53:21 PM EDT
BRING THE RAIN !!!!!

yea, lovely video.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:54:30 PM EDT

completely wrong.

My strongest opinions are on things I know very little about. so take it all with alot of salt! :)

How true it is.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:56:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2008 6:57:37 PM EDT by Slimjim]

Thats the hague onvention, and we didnt sign it :) Besides it only outlaws poisonous bullets, and Hollow point bullets.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:57:21 PM EDT

I don't care if the use a 120mm M1 tank gun on an already dying terrorist who is praying for his virgins..

What I want to know is can a wire guided missle really slice up infantry if they get hit by the wires while the missle is in flight. Damn that would be cool to watch if it does.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:57:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:58:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dpmmn:

Originally Posted By 0612Devil:
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:03:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2008 7:03:30 PM EDT by EPOCH96]

which is why you aim for their weapons and webgear.  To deprive the enemy of those materials.

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:05:33 PM EDT
I never get tired of watching this stuff! I digg seeing all the white blood, body parts splater.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:07:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:08:35 PM EDT

A small dick can fuck, but a big dick can fuck more effectively.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:09:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By EPOCH96:

which is why you aim for their weapons and webgear.  To deprive the enemy of those materials.

I am willing to bet he is CA lib who has never been in combat.  We are taught to aim for their webgear and helmets.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:18:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fnfal_308:
Here's a good one right here

www.liveleak.com/view?i=7d6_1212756819

I posted that one when it came out.One of my favorites.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:19:47 PM EDT

They are not uniformed combatants.  Even if we were a signatory it still would not apply.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:20:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SevenMMmag:

completely wrong.

My strongest opinions are on things I know very little about. so take it all with alot of salt! :)

How true it is.

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:32:43 PM EDT

FUCK THAT NOISE!
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:33:57 PM EDT

We do hold ourselves to a higher standard.  The Apache established PID on each of the individuals they shot.  

Good Shoot!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:38:27 PM EDT
To all you bleeding hearts out there, don't you think that getting blown away by a 30mm would be more humane that getting hit with a 30 cal?

Those bastards never knew what hit them. They got better than they deserved.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:42:37 PM EDT

I don't care if the use a 120mm M1 tank gun on an already dying terrorist who is praying for his virgins..

What I want to know is can a wire guided missle really slice up infantry if they get hit by the wires while the missle is in flight. Damn that would be cool to watch if it does.

I've always liked this one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:45:07 PM EDT
I like these vids but the last guy- did they confirm he was armed? That poor dude ran right into the line of fire not sure if he was BG or not. Most likely the trigger was pulled before he ran on to the screen but sucks if he was collateral damage
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:46:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 0612Devil:

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:47:45 PM EDT

Wrong, wrong, wrong.  Hahahaha don't be dumb.  Go join the Army and get into a fight over there before you even talk about playing "fair."  

Apaches and A-10s are Gods gift to Infantrymen.  Trust me on this one.  

Originally Posted By emcs31089:
I like these vids but the last guy- did they confirm he was armed? That poor dude ran right into the line of fire not sure if he was BG or not. Most likely the trigger was pulled before he ran on to the screen but sucks if he was collateral damage

Yeah, it does suck.  But if you are running TOWARD dead terrorists when a helicopter is shooting them out of the dark sky, guess what?  SUCKS TO BE YOU!

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:49:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rifleman2000:

Wrong, wrong, wrong.  Hahahaha don't be dumb.  Go join the Army and get into a fight over there before you even talk about playing "fair."  

Apaches and A-10s are Gods gift to Infantrymen.  Trust me on this one.  

Originally Posted By emcs31089:

Yeah, it does suck.  But if you are running TOWARD dead terrorists when a helicopter is shooting them out of the dark sky, guess what?  SUCKS TO BE YOU!

Yeah collateral damage is a reality, I'm not gonna bitch and moan about it. Those guys did a hell of a job IDing people before they were shot. They had better views and intel than me but I'm not pos they knew for a fact the 4th was a BG but they called it in he was....Oh well fact is he probably was up to no good.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:57:12 PM EDT
Fucking AWESOME.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:58:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jbombelli:

I've always liked this one.

ALSO AWESOME.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:03:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1IV:

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:07:18 PM EDT

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:08:47 PM EDT
Where the goo is, what a great fucking line!
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:21:04 PM EDT
"Where the goo is...." Ha!

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:28:11 PM EDT
 After seeing that video it is clear to me that the U.S. military is simply unbeatable on the modern battlefiel.

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:28:19 PM EDT

Cite the section, please.

[Hint: You can't].
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top