Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 10:30:49 PM EDT
I know they are not shock isolated, but they are compact and light.  Would there be any durability issues?  I have a couple of M series lights, but the G2 is just lighter and smaller.  This would just be for around the house type stuff.  Thanx.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I know they are not shock isolated, but they are compact and light.  Would there be any durability issues?  I have a couple of M series lights, but the G2 is just lighter and smaller.  This would just be for around the house type stuff.  Thanx.

I run a G2 on an M4A2 clone using only this device:

www.specialforces.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=26296&cat=303&page=1  

A simple setup to be sure, but my light has not malfunctioned yet...  Easy on/off and fairly stable, it works good for me, but then I'm no professional door kicker either.  YMMV.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:09:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 6P on mine, and have never had any trouble out of it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:11:16 PM EDT
[#3]
no problems--just get a Shock Isolated Bezzel for it

check out Brightflashlights in the EE/Industry board for just such a package, complete for a GREAT price and great CS

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:34:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

According to some, if you didnt spend half your paycheck on it, it shouldn't be there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:08:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:26:01 AM EDT
[#6]
try it without the shock bezel first, I have had mine mounted for 2years now, and nothing has ever gone wrong, just the ususal replacement of batteries.  I used a YHM offset mount with a leupold QRW ring,and I think it works pretty well.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:57:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
no problems--just get a Shock Isolated Bezzel for it

check out Brightflashlights in the EE/Industry board for just such a package, complete for a GREAT price and great CS

+1

I put the Shock-Isolated bezel on "just in case", and have had zero issues.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:37:03 AM EDT
[#8]
No problem. I have a stock G2(no SI bezel) and a pressure switch from BrightFlashlights and have put 1000+ rounds through it with NO problem
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:39:17 AM EDT
[#9]
"SPECIAL FORCES"

Airsoft Pic from the above link.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:49:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Surefire weapon lights have battery retention ridges built into the body to prevent the batteries from impacting the lamp assembly during recoil:

Weaponlight on the left, regular light on the right:

Regular light on right, weaponlight on left:

Additionally, they come with battery assemblies that have the batteries connected with a soldered lead, have a cushion between the batteries, and they are sealed in plastic as an assembly.   Now most of us don't use these once they are used up.

You can improve the chances of a G2 living by installing a Z32 shock isolated head:

Z32 on left, standard 6P on right:

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:56:00 AM EDT
[#11]
On my truck gun I have the Surefire forend and a G2 mounted with a plain old, cheap picatinny scope mount.  I bought the scope ring set for under $15 but I don't remember exactly what size.  It has a thumb screw so I can remove it.  It is perfectly positioned so I can activate the pressure switch tail cap on the light with my thumb.

It's a nice setup for under $50.  Not sure it would be my first choice if my life depended on it but it works great on my 500 acres.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top