Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2015 8:04:52 PM EDT
Well, I've been busting my ass to get my house ready for the summer and I'm finally to the point I can slow down a bit.  I have various house projects to finish but the big outdoor stuff is done.  Last spring I stained the fence so that monkey is off my back.  This year I seeded the lawn, I have True Green come out to spray fertilizer, I trimmed the hedges, switched the mulch out, placed some solar pathway lights, planted some ferns in front of the front door, hung plants from the porch overhang, and planted grass seed by the mailbox.  I have a list of smaller stuff to be completed but I'm done with the big things outside.  I'm curious to see what everyone else has going on - here's a picture of our current state of affairs, I have many warm summer days of drinking beer, smoking cigars, and cleaning guns on the front porch planned...

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#1]
i wish i was in a place where i could contain my projects to just the spring.  i just finished painting our kitchen including the cabinets. if the thought ever crosses your mind to paint the cabinets.  go jump off a bridge so you wont be able to.  just pay someone.  our kitchen doesnt have alot of cabinets, so i didnt think it would take long.  i couldnt have been more wrong.  looks good op.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks nice!  I won't show mine since I start more projects than I finish...  
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish I had a house to work on.....

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got to get started on the lawn/mulch. Plowed the garden today since it had dried up some. We stopped with the potted flowers since we spend most free time at the cabin.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, I've been busting my ass to get my house ready for the summer and I'm finally to the point I can slow down a bit.  I have various house projects to finish but the big outdoor stuff is done.  Last spring I stained the fence so that monkey is off my back.  This year I seeded the lawn, I have True Green come out to spray fertilizer, I trimmed the hedges, switched the mulch out, placed some solar pathway lights, planted some ferns in front of the front door, hung plants from the porch overhang, and planted grass seed by the mailbox.  I have a list of smaller stuff to be completed but I'm done with the big things outside.  I'm curious to see what everyone else has going on - here's a picture of our current state of affairs, I have many warm summer days of drinking beer, smoking cigars, and cleaning guns on the front porch planned...

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7663/16696399263_9f8f0bb14d_o.jpg
View Quote

looks good. you can tell you put some hard work in to it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#6]
my mom makes me clean the basement every spring. Then I get sick from the mold spores.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:26:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7663/16696399263_9f8f0bb14d_o.jpg

Thanks, my wife and I have pretty much done everything ourselves, except the fertilizer.  I used to lay it down myself but after a few seasons I figured I was spending nearly as much as my neighbor who had a professional service do it, and it wasn't nearly the hassle for him.  

It's a work in progress, I always have projects to do but I have the big ones out of the way.  I need to stain the deck out back at some point - I have a pressure washer but my neighbor who had a sprayer moved and I used it to do the fence, I have to rent one the next time around I guess.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Added a salt chlorinator to my pool and updated the filter canister.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:31:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks good, nice place.  Neighbors are way too close though
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks nice.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looks good, nice place.  Neighbors are way too close though
View Quote

It's the suburbs, we are one 1/3 acre. Maybe in a few years we'll switch it up and hopefully get on a few acres, if not a ranch, but until then this works fine.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Since we bought our house 4 yrs ago, i've put in about $100k in just materials.  I just excavated around my foundation to waterproof it, now i'm building a 900sq ft deck.  After that im done for the year for the most part.  Projects are getting smaller.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Pulled 6 shrubs from the beds, trimmed the remaining ones and pulled out the old mulch.
Wont put in new mulch till the new flowerbed wall is done next week and the house is finished being painted this Saturday.
Once that is done the new shutters I'm building should be done and installed.
This summer I'll paint the shed myself to match the new house paint.
Next spring is a new walkway around the side into the back to connect to the patio and a new attached pergola.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, but right now mainly inside work.
I'm fixing a bunch of drywall cracks and nail "pops" before re-painting the whole inside.

Now that it's nice and warm I can keep the doors and windows open.

But I do hate working up high.....  

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:09:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Insulated and finished the attic with 3/4 OSB. Should have went with 1/2"
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yeah, but right now mainly inside work.I'm fixing a bunch of drywall cracks and nail "pops" before re-painting the whole inside.

http://m7.i.pbase.com/o9/72/325172/1/159911447.EB5D9VyM.TBwallr.jpg

View Quote

You're not using that ladder within OSHA spec.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but right now mainly inside work.I'm fixing a bunch of drywall cracks and nail "pops" before re-painting the whole inside.

http://m7.i.pbase.com/o9/72/325172/1/159911447.EB5D9VyM.TBwallr.jpg

Yeah - but since I couldn't reach the ceiling standing on the third step down (recommended maximum standing height), I felt safer sitting on the top than trying to stand on the second step down.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top