Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 4:51:41 PM EDT
Unbelievable. tonight on the NBC evening news with Brian Williams, they did a story on the Italian minister who wore a Mohammed bomb tee shirt (one of the cartoon images) under his business suit and exposed it on a TV show. When NBC replayed the tape of thje incident, they pixellated the tee shirt out!

Then they showed how the stunt had been front page news on Italian newspapers...but even on the teeny tiny pics on the newspapers shown, they again blotted out the Mohammed tee shirt!

So, what gives? Why have images of the actual cartoon images never been shown on TV?

I though the Press had a religious devotion to the "Truth"; at least, they sanctimoniously proclaim they do...

They will make good Dhimmis...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:38:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you really believe that mainstream US news organizations give a squirt of piss about the truth?  The US media doesn't let the truth get in the way of their agenda.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#2]
The press is made up, almost entirely, of liberals.

Liberals are the type of people who thought if we would get rid of our nukes the Soviets would too.

Liberals are the type of people who say don't resist criminals, just give them what they want; otherwise, you might be hurt.

Do you really expect them to take a stand in a situation where they might become a target for some scary men making threats?

Please. They're nothing more than frightened sheep who tend to bleat louder than the rest.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:44:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

So, what gives? Why have images of the actual cartoon images never been shown on TV?

Because, deep down, they are in fear for their lives. They are terrified they might be kidnapped, then be beheaded on the Internet, or be blown up by one of those poor misunderstood people they are supposed to be sensitive to....

Courageous buggers, our media.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I seem to remember that these same newscasts were more than happy to show "Piss Christ" and other anti-Christian works very clearly without blurring anything.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I seem to remember that these same newscasts were more than happy to show "Piss Christ" and other anti-Christian works very clearly without blurring anything.

Xtians don't fly planes full of unwitting people and JP-4 into skyscrapers.

ROPers, however, do.

The media aren't afraid of Xtians.

They are afraid of ROPers, though.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Do you really believe that mainstream US news organizations give a squirt of piss about the truth?  The US media doesn't let the truth get in the way of their agenda.

+1

The US media does not report the news anymore. Rather, they shape perception!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

The US media does not report the news anymore. Rather, they shape perception!!

Ask ANY reporter: why did you become a reporter?

To report the news only?

No, to make  a difference.

To make the world a better place.

Not much to do with reporting the news.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Ask ANY reporter: why did you become a reporter?

To report the news only?

No, to make  a difference.

To make the world a better place.

Not much to do with reporting the news.

I love it when Rush hammers "journalists."  He often says what you said (above)

This past week he had a funny line -

He said "There are three kinds of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what the hell just happened."

Then he said reporters usually fall into the third category " What the hell just happened? I was just trying to make a difference."

OK, it was funny at the time  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:46:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I really don't know what the Press' problen vis the ROP is.

Fear of reprisal? Or just terminal Political Correctness? I tend to think it's the latter...

Because if some crazy Christian group was slitting throats, I think they'd be all over it like hair on a gorilla.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

When you descecrate islam, you are an infidel; when you desecrate Christianity, you are an artist.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:03:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because, deep down, they are in fear for their lives. They are terrified they might be kidnapped, then be beheaded on the Internet, or be blown up by one of those poor misunderstood people they are supposed to be sensitive to....

Courageous buggers, our media.

Steven Colbert said it best when he was talking about the cartoon issue.

He said something like "We're not going to show the cartoons, out of the ethical concern that I don't want to be killed!"

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:05:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ROPers, however, do.

Some Christians are willing to bomb and/or shoot abortion docters/ nurses/ guards.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

For the same reason that PETA freaks will throw blood on a little old lady wearing a fur coat, but won't do it to a Hell's Angel wearing leathers.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#14]
What did you expect on from the Old Stream Media ,OSM.

Turn it off and get on the interent for your news takes less time and easier find quality sources.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I get my news from many sources but for most Americans the network crap is prolly their portal to the world, thus shaping their perceptions/vote.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ROPers, however, do.

Some Christians are willing to bomb and/or shoot abortion docters/ nurses/ guards.

Wow! NO! Say it ain't so, Joe- say it ain't so!

And just how many Americans in America....have they killed?

And the Islamofascists...

How many Americans in America have they killed?

Well?

Which one is the bigger problem?

How does one equate the one with the other?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For the same reason that PETA freaks will throw blood on a little old lady wearing a fur coat, but won't do it to a Hell's Angel wearing leathers.

Or to a reenactor in a redcoat, carrying a very long musket with a 17" long bayonet, but wearing a bearskin cap on his head, and a goatskin covered pack on his back, and more leather straps and belts this side of an S&M bar.

Because that guy would have skewered them......
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yup.... If it's anti-American, or anti-Christian, or anti-Semetic, it's fair game for the press. Anthing that puts down blacks, or ROPers is a no no.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ROPers, however, do.

Are you intentionally being ignorant or are you really that ignorant? We don't have thousands of people claiming to be Christians blowing up abortion clinics. THe ROPer's have beheadded more people in Iraq in the last year that abortion clinics have been bombed in the last 10.

And when someone does something like that, the vast majority of Christians speak out against it.
Not so in the ROP.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:17:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Liberals have no fear of bashing Christans but piss their pants even thinking about bashing Islam. Reason is that the Christans will not fire bomb their house. Muslems will. Liberals are the biggest bunch of cheap shot artists I have ever seen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top