Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 6:59:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/13/2004 4:36:07 AM EST by JAKE-T-SNAKE]
I was watching Wing nuts on the tube and as the credits go by there is a statement.

TIM ????? 1965? - 2004

I forgot his last name but he was the big guy with the shades on all the time.
Does anyone have a clue what happened to this guy ?
He was suppose to have been in a band or something.

Thanks

Edited for birthdate
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:09:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/12/2004 7:18:28 PM EST by DarkKnight]
their website says the same thing. checking for info now....

ETA: I can't find anything so far. Geez I hope he didnt kill himself, he was an interesting guy, just stuck with alot of problems. The last episode I saw he was asking the boss and the artist if they needed him there or not, he just wanted to have a purpose in life....

ETAx2: Oh, and Tim was born in 1965, from the motoart.com site.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:45:29 PM EST
The guy is a tool, along the lines of "Bluebear" on American Hotrod.

Nothing about him anywhere.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:54:43 PM EST

Originally Posted By KA3B:

It seems all these "reality" shows on Discovery have some fucking annoying asshole that almost totally ruins the show and makes it nearly unwatchable. Namely, Mikey and Paul Jr. from American Chopper, Blue Bear from American Hotrod, and the come and go people on Monster House, Monster Garage, et al.

Idiot producers just have to take an interesting show and add drama.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:57:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/12/2004 7:59:22 PM EST by USPC40]

Originally Posted By A_G:

Originally Posted By KA3B:

It seems all these "reality" shows on Discovery have some fucking annoying asshole that almost totally ruins the show and makes it nearly unwatchable. Namely, Mikey and Paul Jr. from American Chopper, Blue Bear from American Hotrod, and the come and go people on Monster House, Monster Garage, et al.

Idiot producers just have to take an interesting show and add drama.

Most of the time, Mikey is THE reason I watch America Chopper. Bluebear is a dumbass that should have been fired a long time ago.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:02:33 PM EST
+1 on Bluebear and Mikey. I think a big part of the sucess of American Chopper is that no matter how annoying you think a guy is one eppisode, you might end up loving the dude by the end of the next.

I'd guess he did himself.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:01:49 PM EST

In Loving Memory of

Tim Roberts

March 12, 1965 - October 11, 2004

www.motoart.com
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:16:51 PM EST
Come on some one find out what happened. I too am betting suicide.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:27:20 PM EST
dsc.discovery.com/schedule/episode.jsp?episode=2&cpi=24883&gid=0&channel=DSC
Perhaps a glimpse into the future, sad. I wonder if they will change the episode name.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:31:53 PM EST
Those episodes happen months and months ago. Takes a while before they are aired.

He passed away only a few days ago (Oct 11th). Probably just as their business was really taking off, with the shows airing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:33:14 PM EST
The cynic in me says, the producer (or someone involved with the show) is a friend of the princiapls in Motoart and seeing their friend struggle with their business thought it would be nice to give them an hour long commercial every week for free.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:42:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By olyarms:
dsc.discovery.com/schedule/episode.jsp?episode=2&cpi=24883&gid=0&channel=DSC
Perhaps a glimpse into the future, sad. I wonder if they will change the episode name.

That is the one and only episode of that show I have seen. Who knows, he may have been in an accident.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:45:27 PM EST
the show is iffy.....it does seem like a comercial sometimes
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:45:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By Phil_in_Seattle:
The cynic in me says, the producer (or someone involved with the show) is a friend of the princiapls in Motoart and seeing their friend struggle with their business thought it would be nice to give them an hour long commercial every week for free.

I highly find that unlikely being it cost alot of money to produce such a show, air time etc.
It no dought will be the next OCC or such. It is simply something unique and the owner no dought made some phone calls and met with the producer about making a show out the biz, the producer saw it as unique and aired a show then they liked what they had and went on with more.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:47:05 PM EST
Their trip to Florida to the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction in Palm Beach Florida was held in March 18-21, 2004. So, these episodes were recorded 6-7 months ago.

www.barrett-jackson.com
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:53:19 PM EST
gaaack, I can't watch the show due to that big whiny ass with the sunglasses. As annoying as bluebear
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:36:37 PM EST
dude, that's the dead guy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:49:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By SchlaffTablett:
dude, that's the dead guy.

thank god, maybe the show will be watchable soon
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:35:10 AM EST
Bump for the day crew......
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:39:44 AM EST
I was wondering about that myself. He did tend to catch alot of shit. Hope he didn't jump off a building and forget his wings.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:10:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By olyarms:

Originally Posted By Phil_in_Seattle:

I highly find that unlikely being it cost alot of money to produce such a show, air time etc.
It no dought will be the next OCC or such. It is simply something unique and the owner no dought made some phone calls and met with the producer about making a show out the biz, the producer saw it as unique and aired a show then they liked what they had and went on with more.

It doesn't cost that much to produce those shows, the airtime is already there, Discovery Channel runs 24/7, and it is a free commercial for MotoArt. Now, without the main antagonist unless they start blowing stuff up every week, the show will tank for sure.

It's clear that OCC got a huge boost in business from being the subject of American Chopper.

Boyd Codington probably won't see an increase in business from having his company as the subject of the Hotrod show, he was too well known already.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:21:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By badeffect10:
I was wondering about that myself. He did tend to catch alot of shit. Hope he didn't jump off a building and forget his wings.

That dude was wired for disaster, living in a storage unit and kind of a loser. I feel sorry for him though the first thing I thought was that he offed himself.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:35:09 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2004 8:48:49 AM EST by JosephR]
so far, they think the fucker died of natural causes, no foul play involved. i'm betting his heart exploded, or he was struck by a lightning bolt from heaven or his soul was snatched by satan.

the entire season had already been filmed. he died just after the third episode aired. his girlfriend found him on the floor in the kitchen. she hadn't seen him in 3 or 4 hours and was supposedly just upstairs. he obviously found a place to live but it was someone else's and not his or his girlfriend's.

he was the MOST sarcastic fucker i've even seen on tv, he acted more ignorant than anyone on the 4 real-world episodes I saw.

his smart-ass comments were canned bullshit responses that he couldn't even use correctly. half of the time, he'd say something you'd say to be a smartass in response to a question, but his responses never seem to really fit the situation. i am not saying TDC fed him lines.

go over to the discovery channel web boards. there was a page of all sorts of dipshits crying and saying how great a guy he was. someone finally chimed in and expressed similar opinions as i have and the thread quickly became 8 pages long. needless to say, i signed up and instantly responded a little stronger than i did here.

i really don't like talking like this about people who die. he wasn't a criminal, addict or child molester as far as we know, and noone deserves to die or be made fun of because of their attitude. i really appreciate all of the lee-way (sp?) people i work with give me as far as attitude and mouthiness are concerned, but that guy was a cocksucker to everyone on the show and the three of them were long-time friends. i would imagine that truth was stretched in the article i read and maybe dave and donovan were friends and knew tim as kids but i'm sure he had no real friends as a kid.

BY THE WAY- THE GUYS ON THE TDC BOARD WENT AS FAR AS TO SAY THEY WISHED DAVE WOULD PUT TIM INTO ONE OF THE A-10 DROPTANKS THEY WERE LOOKING TO BUY AND DROP HIM IN THE DESERT!!!
Top Top