Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 10:11:19 PM EST
Pretty good opener but I hope they cover what is happening to the strike team soon. What do you think will happen this season and do you predict a 5th season?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:16:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/16/2005 3:17:11 AM EST by RSF45]
Looks like this season's going to be real good.
Lot's of back-stabbing and hidden agendas, and hopefully an all out brawl between Vic and Aceveda.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:19:30 AM EST
Made a point to watch it, one of the few good shows on TV.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:20:12 AM EST
The second episode of this season is good too
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:21:51 AM EST
Shane and Vic will brawl within the next few episodes. A 5th season - yes. Too good of show not to make another season.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:56:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By j-fonz:
Shane and Vic will brawl within the next few episodes. A 5th season - yes. Too good of show not to make another season.

I agree with both of your predictions.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:35:11 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/16/2005 4:35:50 AM EST by Dolomite]
I'll see you one better - Vic KILLS Shane by the end of this season, Glenn Close will be involved, if not condone it. These guys made great buddies, they'll make even better enemies.

Also, CCH Pounder will eventually throw a pity-fuck Dutch's way.

Also dead this year - the gay cop, and the new detectie guy (he's got Star Trek 'red shirt syndrome' written all over him).
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:38:20 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/16/2005 4:39:23 AM EST by AvengeR15]
I was actually somewhat disappointed in the first episode. It just really sucks to not have the Strike Team together. The opening dog scene was pretty funny, and the closer with Shane showing up on his own path to darkness was also great. However, Anthony Anderson is not a convincing enough major baddy to me, and Glenn Close is unimpressive so far - not tough enough, not as much a snake as Aceveda, but not a perfect cop either. She is just kind of middle-of-the-road on everything.

ETA:

Originally posted by Dolomite:

Also, CCH Pounder will eventually throw a pity-fuck Dutch's way.

Dude, I'm eating here.

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:51:20 AM EST
I thought it was kind of strange that Vic seemed to be more intent on being an actual cop instead of advancing his own personal agenda of shake downs and corruption, is this the begining of a new kinder gentler Vic?? Or is he just fly under the radar for now???.......
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:54:43 AM EST
Vic's been grounded to watching tapes of the garage sting for so long he'd suck corn out of the Cpt's butt to get back out on the street. I wonder if he'll get put into a position where he's investigating Shane? If so, will he have to kill him to keep the money train action secret? Hmm...
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:58:01 AM EST

Originally Posted By AZMAN-1:
I thought it was kind of strange that Vic seemed to be more intent on being an actual cop instead of advancing his own personal agenda of shake downs and corruption, is this the begining of a new kinder gentler Vic?? Or is he just fly under the radar for now???.......

He's probably going to try to get some dirt on the new Capt. for leverage, and once he does he'll go back to doing whatever he wants. And it does sound like a Vic/Shane conflict coming down the pike here soon. Is it next Tuesday yet?

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:59:18 AM EST
I think there will be a few episodes where Vic tries to catch Shane, and eventually Vic will kill Shane.

Of course, Lem still seams to be trying to be better, maybe he will try to narc the rest of 'em out, in which case Vic & Shane will reunite to take Lem out.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:06:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By Dolomite:
I'll see you one better - Vic KILLS Shane by the end of this season, Glenn Close will be involved, if not condone it. These guys made great buddies, they'll make even better enemies...

Got to agree - I can easily see that happening. Ought to be good this year.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:35:10 AM EST

Originally Posted By HardShell:

Originally Posted By Dolomite:
I'll see you one better - Vic KILLS Shane by the end of this season, Glenn Close will be involved, if not condone it. These guys made great buddies, they'll make even better enemies...

Got to agree - I can easily see that happening. Ought to be good this year.

All I can say is that I hope Mara catches a stray round when that goes down. That woman is THE DEVIL.

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:36:55 AM EST
Started out pretty slow, but ended strong.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:41:39 AM EST
I hope Vic kills Shane. The guy has always been more than half a whackjob and now he's outright working for a banger. Hopefully, they make Vic more of a push-the-envelope cop and less an outright corrupt cop.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:44:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By RikWriter:
I hope Vic kills Shane. The guy has always been more than half a whackjob and now he's outright working for a banger. Hopefully, they make Vic more of a push-the-envelope cop and less an outright corrupt cop.

yup on both counts. Glenn Close didn't play the ultra-bitch role I thought she would
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:56:12 AM EST
Pretty good stuff! The writers of the show are pretty dam good and I'm sure that they have a few twists we don't see coming like in the past few seasons. I'm not going to guess yet but what ever it is it will be great I'm sure!
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:01:30 AM EST

I don't think Vic is going to kill Shane. They are too good of friends to do that to each other, despite the bad times. Shane always stands up for Vic, to Mara and everyone else.

Now, it wouldn't surprise me if perhaps Shane got killed doing a hit for the guy he's working for, or something similar. I imagine that if that happened, Vic would go nuclear in Farmington....

...which would make for a DAMNED good episode or two.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:10:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By -Absolut-:

Originally Posted By RikWriter:

yup on both counts. Glenn Close didn't play the ultra-bitch role I thought she would

It was her first day It looked as though she was sizing everyone up...Especially Vic. I say Vic tags that ass before the seasons up
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:53:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By shooter0311:

It was her first day It looked as though she was sizing everyone up...Especially Vic. I say Vic tags that ass before the seasons up

+1

I think he already has his eye on it. She done a much better job than I had hoped. At least she has a sense of humor.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:39:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/16/2005 4:40:36 PM EST by panzersergeant]
I liked the scene where Vic started a bar fight with the subject of the garage sting. The guy beat the shit out of his 10-year old son, so Vic beat the shit out of him.

"That's my seat and those are my cigarettes."
"Go smoke them somewhere else." POW!

Going to be a terrific season!
Top Top