Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2005 3:11:25 PM EDT
is it any good? TIVO'ed it. wonder if its worth watching?
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I watched it last night,  I wasn't impressed.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually heard a very good review of it yesterday, thought the review said it'd been cancelled after just 10 hours?

Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:33:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The last 5 minutes are pretty intense. Let me just say that the radical Muslim assholes should never refer to the US as "barbarians".
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The last 5 minutes are pretty intense. Let me just say that the radical Muslim assholes should never refer to the US as "barbarians".

Were these the actors saying this?
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 4:02:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I watched it and would rate it fair after 1 episode. Nowhere near as good as 24. You can see episode #2 tonight at 10est and #3 tomorrow at 10est. It sucks that it is cancelled after 10 if the guy above is right. So the story will never get finished.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I wanna know why the hell the guy stayed in the hole.  Fuck that, I'm not sure I'd have gotten in it in the first place, much less stayed as they filled it up.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I think is't pretty good. The story line is really fairly realistic. I think the composition of this cell is very close to what we could be dealing with someday. Take the Belgian woman who recently blew herself up in Iraq. It's only a matter of time before non middle eastern terrorists hit us. Not as action packed as 24, but more true to real life. The episode last night in TJ was real interesting.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#8]
i liked it alot...
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 10:02:46 AM EDT
[#9]
It sure as hell ain’t very PC.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#10]
WELL WIFE ERASED IT, SAID WAY TO MUCH T & A...

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got done watching the first 4 episodes.  Pretty good.

Never really got into 24.  Keifer Sutherland doesn't do anything for me as an actor.  I lost interest when he got hooked on heroin yet could still be able to save the world and kick his habit at the same time.

What is messed up about Sleeper Cell is that they showed the first 4 all in a row, Sun - Wed and then the next 4 on Sunday-Wednesday next week.  Even if they didn't make any more episodes they could have strung it out for 2-3 months.  They didn't create enough buzz to get more and more people interested in the series.  Plus, the majority of Americans are growing tired of hearing about "jihad" and just want to bury their heads in the sand when it comes to the war on terrorism.

As for too much T&A - not as much as other cable shows.  A few boobies in each episode but it was nothing like Rome where they showed several full frontal penis shots (bet your wife didn't erase those, did she?)

The repeats are being showed this week so you can TiVO it on the sly again.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:15:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I think its a pretty good show.

I like how they use the main characters to show the different sides of Islam and the tensions between wahabbists and moderate Islam.

I also like how the terrorists aren't cardboard cut out bad guys.

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#14]
just to add...

i read in the paper an interview with the actor who plays Oded Fahr and he is a jew and he talked about being worried about being typed casted as arabs.

kind of weird
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I have watched the first 3 episodes and like it alot.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:34:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I have been watching it every night. I like it alot.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I have TIVO'ed and watched every episode.  So far I like it.  There have been some "above average intense moments" IMO.  I think it gets a little preachy on the "Good Muslim/Bad Muslim" theme sometimes but overall I have been pleasantly suprised.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top