Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/3/2006 1:12:53 PM EDT
They're taking over my Outdoor pond. If any of you locals want some just IM me. They grow very well in almost any kind of environment-outdoor pond, indoor aquarium, etc.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:45:54 PM EDT
Too bad you are in TX. I could use some for my pond. My large gold fish just love the stuff. the eat it right up in the summer.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:56:49 PM EDT
That stuff took over one of our local reservoirs back in the '70s. The lake was unusable for recreation until the mid '90s when they figured out how to get rid of it.

I say dry it, stuff gelatin capsules with it, and sell it as some kind of "homeopathic" remedy.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:58:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By snarfbatt:
Too bad you are in TX. I could use some for my pond. My large gold fish just love the stuff. the eat it right up in the summer.

What kind of Goldfish? I have a really big orange/white fantail in there right now but he leaves the stuff alone and focuses on more important things, like finger tips, insects, and food sticks.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:59:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By California_Kid:
That stuff took over one of our local reservoirs back in the '70s. The lake was unusable for recreation until the mid '90s when they figured out how to get rid of it.

I say dry it, stuff gelatin capsules with it, and sell it as some kind of "homeopathic" remedy.

I just might try it. Wonder if it'll actually work? Who cares, Gun money
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:03:16 PM EDT
Just plain old gold fish. I brought them 2years ago for 17cents each at the pet food store. they were labled "feeder" fish that you buy to feed to other fish. Didn't want to risk $$ on expensive fish as it was a new pond. They do a good job chewing it down. They also like the runners from water hyatches( oh hell can't spell tonight). They are all about 2-3 pounds now
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:28:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By snarfbatt:
Just plain old gold fish. I brought them 2years ago for 17cents each at the pet food store. they were labled "feeder" fish that you buy to feed to other fish. Didn't want to risk $$ on expensive fish as it was a new pond. They do a good job chewing it down. They also like the runners from water hyatches( oh hell can't spell tonight). They are all about 2-3 pounds now

Comets are really aggressive when it comes to feeding. I wanted some pretty looking goldfish, so I bought 2 fantails. One died, the other lived and is still kicking. I'm going to get another fantail or two for my pond so there is more going on and my original fantail has some friends. Maybe they'll eat the anachris plants...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:08:06 AM EDT
What city are you in? I'd like to have some if you're close.

CMOS
Top Top