Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2012 11:03:51 AM EDT
Need a jacket and was looking at this one. Anyone here use this? if so whats your opinion on fit and such?

I'm 5"9 at 170 lbs with 32 waist. Medium good enough or get the small?

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 11:05:48 AM EDT
[#1]
These tactical jackets seem pretty pricey compared to say an expensive north face jacket.

Is there any benefit to these?
I'm just trying to understand because from my point of view, it's a gear inspired fad.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#2]
When I got the condor version for work I looked at those.   Everybody said they run a little large, my condor does.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
When I got the condor version for work I looked at those.   Everybody said they run a little large, my condor does.

What size do you wear?

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 11:52:58 AM EDT
[#4]
They do run large. I wear a Xlarge and got an Large and it fits just right. It's a really good jacket for the price. Mine has held up really well.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Wish they sold them without the velcro on the sleeves.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What size do you wear?

I'll look later, still on the road.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

These tactical jackets seem pretty pricey compared to say an expensive north face jacket.

I'm just trying to understand because from my point of view, it's a gear inspired fad.

I have to agree with you, I don't understand this shit at all.

eta: Wait, this one is only $75ish, that's not bad. You can't buy North Face for that.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:36:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

eta: Wait, this one is only $75ish, that's not bad. You can't buy North Face for that.

Yeah these arent bad at all on price. The low end North Face, MH, and the likes arent nearly as warm as these.  My MH windstopper fleece I'm wearing today was on sale at $125.  They definately look "tac" but mine is mainly a work jacket or motorcycle riding.  I wanted a jacket I could beat up on the range but worked well, these definately fit the bill for that, its held up surprisingly well.  I wear it out occasionally too but mainly here and there.

Load it with patches an you look like a tac fag.  I'll try to upload a pic of a guy wearing it in such a manner, he stuck out as a goober even in a LE class.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:38:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Catch 'em on sale you can

And I'm assuming they run a little big due to the fact they're "tactical" and expect you to be wearing shit under neath it.

That or it's the "make you feel better" sizing that's sweeping the world.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:41:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm 5'5" 155lb, 32" waist.
I need a small.

If you just have longer legs than me or something, I'd stick with the small.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:00:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:02:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:05:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The sizing is brought up here in this ad:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_164/1018833_Rothco_Special_Ops_Soft_Shell_Jacket___NEW.html

"One thing to remember with sizing, the rule of thumb is to go up ONE SIZE than you normally wear."  

I agree. I have the Condor version, and I love it but it is snug.

They run small, not big. Buy one size larger than what you would normally wear.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:15:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The sizing is brought up here in this ad:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_164/1018833_Rothco_Special_Ops_Soft_Shell_Jacket___NEW.html

"One thing to remember with sizing, the rule of thumb is to go up ONE SIZE than you normally wear."  

I agree. I have the Condor version, and I love it but it is snug.

They run small, not big. Buy one size larger than what you would normally wear.

Yup, get a larger size.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:18:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah these arent bad at all on price. The low end North Face, MH, and the likes arent nearly as warm as these.  My MH windstopper fleece I'm wearing today was on sale at $125.  They definately look "tac" but mine is mainly a work jacket or motorcycle riding.  I wanted a jacket I could beat up on the range but worked well, these definately fit the bill for that, its held up surprisingly well.  I wear it out occasionally too but mainly here and there.

Load it with patches an you look like a tac fag.  I'll try to upload a pic of a guy wearing it in such a manner, he stuck out as a goober even in a LE class.

I wear one all winter with an american flag and a patch that says "Major League Door Kicker" as in a joke to what I do for a living (Commercial Door and Glass Guy).

Does that make me a tac fag?

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:40:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I wear one all winter with an american flag and a patch that says "Major League Door Kicker" as in a joke to what I do for a living (Commercial Door and Glass Guy).

Does that make me a tac fag?

Do you,..... feel you are?

This guy had a patch in every Velcro spot available plus every spot on his multicam operator hat.  If I remember right, smooth operator, something with a honey badger, HMFIC, a military special forces call sign patch that was obviously not a hand over from a friend as it as brand new (he's a cop and maybe 22),  and one or two others I can remember.  

If you wear that many including a sf call sign patch, in a conference, and off duty,,,,.,.then yes I think you are.  There were actual SF guys at this conference that most people thought were either cops or teachers from the next conference over from us, they were pointing and laughing as this guy passed.  I think they were SF at least, they looked the part of SF playing low key and someone said they were so I assuming.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:45:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What size do you wear?

I'll look later, still on the road.

XL and I have plenty of room.  Im 6'00, 230, musclely barrel chested, with a little bit of a spare.  I could wear a tight hoodie under it easily.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I went to a local sports store ( Academy ) and tried on various different soft shell jackets. All the small ones fit rather snug and the sleeves were dead on but I lift my arms and they were a bit short. I even tried on a $150 columbia one and it was too snug.

I will go with a medium on this one.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, $75 isn't bad at all. The usual "tactical jackets" I see are in the $300-700 range. THOSE I don't get.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, $75 isn't bad at all. The usual "tactical jackets" I see are in the $300-700 range. THOSE I don't get.

TAD gear?  Me either
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They're tacticool, that's what.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top