Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 7:50:59 PM EDT
From LAPoliceGear.com?

Or shall I go for the surefire batteries at 2 1/2 times the cost???
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#1]
WHats the mAh, if similar a CR123 is a CR123
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#2]
the guys at the candlepowerforum think they are thre cats ass

i personally have never treid them as i work at a surefire dealer and just get batts from work
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't some dude have his Battery Station CR123A's kaboom in his Pentagon light?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:57:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a few dozen of them and wasn't impressed.  In some lights they worked as well as the Surefire batteries and in others they didn't work well at all.  I tried to use them in my Surefire A2 and only got about 15 minutes of runtime out of them compared to 50 with the Surefires.  Also people have reported having other problems with them.  It seems as though the quality varies from batch to batch.  I'd stick with the Surefire batteries, I believe you can still order them in boxes of 12 for $15.00 directly from Surefire.  John
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:46:31 AM EDT
[#6]
there is a bad lot floating around, it would pay to make sure that what you get aren't in that date range. I don't remember what the date range was, but the ones I got from LAPG were ok in that regard.

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:08:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been using them for a couple of years with great success. If there's a performance difference between them and the SureFires, I've never been able to tell.  I always buy them from the same seller on Ebay. I usually buy them a hundred at a time for work (I work in the Maintenance department of a large industrial plant that's a Tier 1 supplier for most of the automakers and all of the guys in the department carry Streamlight Scorpions.) and he always gives me the best possible price and ships them fast. I've also bought several SureFire and Streamlight flashlights and accessories from him. His Ebay store is: lighthound_lighthound. His first name is John, but I can't remember his last. I don't mess around with Ebay, I just send him an Email and he quotes me a price. If we agree, he sends me a PayPal invoice and I pay it. Never had a problem.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:42:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a case direct, and 2 of the 50 were corroded.  I never wrote them, as I got them for the CPF price, so I didn't mind loosing a pair of batteries
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:45:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought the pelican case along with 48 of the batteries.  No problems and I'll buy again.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:31:28 AM EDT
[#10]
so far,so good.

check out CPF for $'s.

IIRC about a buck apiece.

clown

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:34:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:38:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I've been using them for a couple of years with great success. If there's a performance difference between them and the SureFires, I've never been able to tell.  I always buy them from the same seller on Ebay. I usually buy them a hundred at a time for work (I work in the Maintenance department of a large industrial plant that's a Tier 1 supplier for most of the automakers and all of the guys in the department carry Streamlight Scorpions.) and he always gives me the best possible price and ships them fast. I've also bought several SureFire and Streamlight flashlights and accessories from him. His Ebay store is: lighthound_lighthound. His first name is John, but I can't remember his last. I don't mess around with Ebay, I just send him an Email and he quotes me a price. If we agree, he sends me a PayPal invoice and I pay it. Never had a problem.

Lighthound is top notch! Link.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:44:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Those were very interesting results.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:08:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Didn't some dude have his Battery Station CR123A's kaboom in his Pentagon light?

yes he did.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:19:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I have purchased / used lots of them. I get them straight from Batt. Station with a CPF discount and I don't know why you'd get them from anywhere else.

Does anyone know the date codes of the suspect lots?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:25:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Mine work fine
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#17]
I have 30 of them.  I got them with the CPF discount.  I love them and will buy them again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top