Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/24/2005 10:21:24 AM EDT
Is it worth getting?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:26:12 AM EDT
I have it and love it. The kneel, prone and sprint buttons as well as the weapons/tools (1-6) are further out . Not spread out too far - just enough that you can move your fingers to reach them, instead of being all bunched up like the letter/number keys on a standard keyboard. And the important keys are bigger and easier to hit. Again, unlike a bunched up regular keyboard.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:25:57 AM EDT
thanks. got one yesterday. Must be a bad board, wouldn't install on 3 seperate pc's that I tried. Taking it back today and exchanging it for another one. Looking forward to using it this weekend.

Was yours easy to set-up?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:15:55 AM EDT
Yep. It was a piece of cake.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:15:27 PM EDT
I use this:

catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=2071&pcount=&Product_Id=157024

You can map the keys to any keyboard key as well as set macros, plus it works for any game and you can save the mappings as different profiles.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:46:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Stove_Pipe:
I use this:

catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=2071&pcount=&Product_Id=157024

You can map the keys to any keyboard key as well as set macros, plus it works for any game and you can save the mappings as different profiles.

I have heard very good things about that, but have yet to try it out.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:25:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 7:28:05 AM EDT by blueshockey]
love it!

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:46:47 AM EDT
what server do you guys like to play on? i've been havin a blast playing online since i got bf2 a week ago.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:20:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By treemydawg:
what server do you guys like to play on? i've been havin a blast playing online since i got bf2 a week ago.

I've been wanting to know this too. Can you choose a particular server? I've been using the "play now" option and ended up where ever the computer puts me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:37:00 PM EDT
"Play Now", will just put you on a random game server. Takes a long time to join a game this way, but it's the simplist way for BF2 newbies to connect online. I haven't used it after the first couple of days of owning the game.

Use the built in game server browser to find a game you want. You'll get into an online gaming server much faster than clicking the "Play Now" button. Plus you get into a game that you like as it won't be just a random game server.

The built in game server browser will work faster if you set the game filters (click apply if you make any changes).. to the type of games you want to play on.

The best way to play with other BF2 ARF.commers is to join the AR15 Teamspeak server & use XFire. XFire is like game player version of AIM. You add your buddies and it'll let you know if they are online playing a game online and what server they are on. You can chat with your buddies to cordinate a game online.

You can even chat with your buddies while they are currently playing in a BF2 game... even though your not currently running BF2. Just give us a minute or two to respond. We could be flying or in a fierce battle to instantly respond to the chat screen.

If they are playing online, XFire will tell you what server they are playing on and it makes it easier to join the same server they are playing on. You can either enter the game server IP address manually in the BF2 games server browser or just click the join server button on XFire that will automatically connect you to the same server that your buddy is on (if there are more player slots available).

There are a couple of AR15.commer playing EVERY afternoon & evening! You just need to install at least XFire to chat/find us. It works great!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:24:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By REDHORSE:
"Play Now", will just put you on a random game server. Takes a long time to join a game this way, but it's the simplist way for BF2 newbies to connect online. I haven't used it after the first couple of days of owning the game.

Use the built in game server browser to find a game you want. You'll get into an online gaming server much faster than clicking the "Play Now" button. Plus you get into a game that you like as it won't be just a random game server.

The built in game server browser will work faster if you set the game filters (click apply if you make any changes).. to the type of games you want to play on.

The best way to play with other BF2 ARF.commers is to join the AR15 Teamspeak server & use XFire. XFire is like game player version of AIM. You add your buddies and it'll let you know if they are online playing a game online and what server they are on. You can chat with your buddies to cordinate a game online.

You can even chat with your buddies while they are currently playing in a BF2 game... even though your not currently running BF2. Just give us a minute or two to respond. We could be flying or in a fierce battle to instantly respond to the chat screen.

If they are playing online, XFire will tell you what server they are playing on and it makes it easier to join the same server they are playing on. You can either enter the game server IP address manually in the BF2 games server browser or just click the join server button on XFire that will automatically connect you to the same server that your buddy is on (if there are more player slots available).

There are a couple of AR15.commer playing EVERY afternoon & evening! You just need to install at least XFire to chat/find us. It works great!

links to the programs we need? Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:54:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2005 7:51:32 PM EDT by REDHORSE]
I created a Xfire thread/FAQ here: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=119&t=385248

Teamspeak FAQ thread to come soon...

AR15 Teamspeak server = 67.18.151.236:8774

Teamspeak 2 app is located here: ftp.freenet.de/pub/4players/teamspeak.org/releases/ts2_client_rc2_2032.exe

Even though you may not have a mic for your PC (YET, get a decent quality one now ), at least you'll be able to hear the AR15 team strategizing while playing.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:53:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2005 10:45:30 PM EDT by REDHORSE]
I have a Zboard now...

ZBOARD giveaway 9/22 Thursday

community.zboard.com/forums/view.asp?topicID=733

I'm sure alot of you are wondering who these crazy people are that are coming to the zboard community and posting that they want a zboard.

BFRadio is covering a great event at TWL ( Team Warfare League ) Called the TWL 8v8 North American Clobal Crisis Tournament for Battflefield 2. You can visit TWL at http://www.teamwarfare.com. There we are giving away free zboards proved by zboard. Are you an irc user? If so, please idle #bfradio on irc.gamesurge.net. Here is the live radio broadcast info....

Day: Thursday September 22nd
Time: 10:00pmEST
Server: http://www.bfradio.com/stream/Radiolive.htm

This is truly going to be a great semi-finals match. You can only hear it on BFRadio.

Zboard and BFRadio will be given away on the cast on thursday. What do you have to do to win one??? Go to community.zboard.com and register on their forums. After doing so, make a thread called " I want a zboard from BFRadio.com" and psst it! That is it guys. What would take you 2 mins. of your time can get you an awesome keyboard.

Battlefield Radio Network - Where The Game Is Played!

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:27:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stove_Pipe:
I use this:

I use the same thing. It's terrific.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:44:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/3/2005 3:45:47 PM EDT by REDHORSE]
I didn't care how they did some of the BF2 templates. So, I created my own. I had to reconfigure my controls in the BF2 controls screen mannually, as ZBoard doesn't yet have a way to edit/make your own keyboard templates.

Here is how I have the left panel configured. I just photoshopped the pic. I printed it out on some label paper and laminated it, before cutting out the stickers. I placed some dirrectly onto the keyboard itself, so I didn't have to keep looking at the cheat sheet.

Some of the keys/movements are missing or duplicated, as I have my some of my mouse extra buttons mapped also.

Mouse buttons mapped are (some depend on what I'm doing in game: soldier/vehcle/airplane/helo):
Thumb1: Sprint/ After burners
Thumb2: Prone/ Smoke/ Flares
Scroll wheel button [depress]: Pistol/ Front camera view
Scroll wheel scroll: Cycle weapons up/down
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:49:05 AM EDT
Love it! Definately worth the money!

Top Top