Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 2:54:25 PM EDT

Needing some info on them.. they are offering 55 bucks a month for internet and home phone together..

2 year contract...

any pros and cons would be appreciated

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:10:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I use clear for my kids Internet

Up and down are decent
5 down. 1 up

Ping times are not great.  In the 200ms range.

But with that said.  They use magicJack as thier main line.   Works great

Would I do it again?    I would say yes.  I'm paying 40 bucks I think for the service

Went with them because comcast sucks and Verizon ... While being GREAT and in thier apt complex kept saying.  Not at her address.  I gave up and got  clear. They stream netflix and slingbox all day.    Never a hicup

I like them.  And I am suprised by that.    It's nt super doped fast.  But streaming never has buffered once.   That's good enough

Ymmv    
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't do it.

Tether to your smartphone (EasyTether or PDANet).

If you have Sprint, you can get hotspot capacility for $30/month. (ETA: if you have a 4G phone)
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#3]

well.. I am not to thrilled about signing a 2 year contract...  

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:35:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Clear=Sprint

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]

I have had 3 clients now try and dump clear for business.  It sucks for business.  VOIP really sucked over clear.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top