Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/14/2015 1:37:31 PM EDT
Any are you thinking about moving this year? I'm ready to put my house on the market. I hate where I live. I want to start all over.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes but not sure where I want to move.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#3]
What part of Florida?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Any are you thinking about moving this year? I'm ready to put my house on the market. I hate where I love. I want to start all over.
View Quote

Wanna trade digs? its a balmy 26 with 15mph wind right now.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck yeah!  I was forced to move here!  I get to leave in a few months.  I can't fucking wait!  NC here I come!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife is. She'd like to move to a more "upscale" neighborhood.

I don't really care, either way.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I am sooo looking forward to selling my house in the Keys and moving to Central Florida -- yeah, I know, out of the frying pan into the fire.  Just waiting for Mr. Minx to retire.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:47:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Where in Florida are you and why don't you like it?  I'm visiting Floriduh and I like it so much here I'm thinking of moving here.  Cold sucks.  So what do you find wrong with where you are?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#9]

19 degrees, feels like 10.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:48:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Just got divorced after 21 years of marriage and had to move back home with my dad. He really needs someone to be here with him because of his declining health, but I feel like I've stepped back in time. I've been gone from this area almost 30 years and everything's changed.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:49:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I live in my dads old den...as soon as I get a job I am getting an apartment.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're transferring me to Riyadh in April.  Jeddah would be OK if it wasn't under Sharia, but Riyadh.  Just.  Plain.  Sucks.
View Quote

Is the money at least good?

I'd rather nail my dick to a coffee table than live in the ME.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Where in Florida are you and why don't you like it?  I'm visiting Floriduh and I like it so much here I'm thinking of moving here.  Cold sucks.  So what do you find wrong with where you are?
View Quote

I on the east coast but want to move closer to Orlando. My friends and family are there and I'm bored out of my mind.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably:

When the weather is actually nice in the winter it's infested and crowded with snowbirds from Jersey/New York
Crowds and traffic
Ridiculous heat and humidity in the summer
Nothing to do outdoors
Flat and boring, nothing but strip malls everywhere
Old people and lots of trashy/ghetto people
Beach gets old after a while

I want to move somewhere with mountains and seasons
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm in Charlotte, as I have been my whole life. NC as a whole is pretty great. 4 seasons, gun laws have their quirks but are good for the most part. Mountains to the left of me, beaches to the right. I am on the outskirts of Charlotte proper, so I am close enough to work uptown but far enough my area is semi rural. I love it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I live where I live only because my kids live here with my ex wife. They are 10 minute drive away from me.

About 8 years from now when my youngest turns 18, we are moving further south.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll trade you. Nothing but corn fields and bars here. Nowhere to shoot unless you own property, nowhere good to fish, and everything else is boring as fuck. As soon as I'm better financially I'm out of shitty central Illinois.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Upstate NY, enough said.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I am sooo looking forward to selling my house in the Keys and moving to Central Florida -- yeah, I know, out of the frying pan into the fire.  Just waiting for Mr. Minx to retire.
View Quote

Where in the Keys and for how much

I am always scouting for rental properties there.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I on the east coast but want to move closer to Orlando. My friends and family are there and I'm bored out of my mind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are far better off if you live up there instead of south FL where I am. I landed in LEO work after school, I make good money down here but other than that, I have been down here just over 20 years and I hate it. Weather (hot all the time) and lack of a Country/Farm Belt kill it. I used to live in north FL and I so miss it. I can't leave but I'm at the point now where I can start thinking about where to land in the end. I'd like to have a place where there are mountains. If I can go hunting, shooting and fishing out my backdoor even if I have to get cabin fever for a few weeks out of the year it would be worth it. It's better than working at 4 am and having sweat running down face...

If you are young enough and have the ability try to start where you will be happy.... Where you live offers a lot of satisfaction in life. Realistically, Tenn is probably and option for me. Florida is turning too blue to stay here forever so north FL is probably not an option. I just took a trip out to Yellowstone....the west is the the 'romantic' idea of where I'd like to be. But I know I will be too far from my kids, then again my youngest will already be about 15 when I can pull the plug....

Life is complicated....it puts invisible chains on you and you got to decide which ones to break.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#21]
You could say "me".

My house is under contract and I'll be closing the sale on Feb 6.

I'm working with my realtor to nail down a townhouse in an area I want to live in. Trying to get that end locked in so we can get a closing date. Need to get it locked in so that I can plan on moving... and shit is selling quick. There were 9 properties in the neighborhood I'm looking in, and I think only one was under contract before 1/1/15. Now only one is not under contract.

The seller's agent is being really paranoid because apparently the HOA is suing the developer.. for what, we don't know, but the seller's agent is finicky about getting a contract down if there's a possibility the lender might pooh-pooh the deal due to the lawsuit.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I hate where I am unfortunately my wife likes her job, but we've been talking recently about selling and moving.........we will see.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Upstate NY, enough said.
View Quote

In January

If it wasn't for all the hunting land I would go crazy.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#24]
I like my general area but dislike my house. Too little land, too many neighbors.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I can't say I love the weather out here, or the city that much.  I'd much rather live in the Reno area, but this is where my job is for the time being.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:07:43 PM EDT
[#26]
I hate my state but the place I live ain't to bad.
Having said this I plan on leaving as soon as I can, say a year or so.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Any are you thinking about moving this year? I'm ready to put my house on the market. I hate where I love. I want to start all over.
View Quote

YES! We want to get the fuck out of where we are now and buy some land in the country. We will probably have to wait a couple years at least so we can get our ducks in a row. After that, we are outta here!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I want to move badly, but my wife loves where she is at and my commute is as easy as it could possibly get. We are looking to buy our first house but the area we currently live in and will also buy our house in is where the wife works. It's affluent and full of pricks and I would rather live in the nearby mountain area
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:09:37 PM EDT
[#29]
its weird, I love where I live but hate it at the same time. its complicated
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:11:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Two more years til I can leave this retarded poop brown excuse for a state and head some were greener and their past time isn't getting DUI's.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes, planning to move back overseas this year.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#32]
If I was single, unattached and renting an apartment right now I'd seriously consider it.

Moving is such a PITA.  Don't look forward to the root canal of selling my house anytime soon.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
its weird, I love where I live but hate it at the same time. its complicated
View Quote

Outdoormans paradise.....horrible taxes and gun laws.

The stupid scale keeps tipping the wrong way though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#34]
I really dislike living in California. I never wanted to live here. My wife and I are ready to leave, hopefully returning to Washington State in the next couple years.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#35]

I want to live somewhere warmer.  Plus, Detroit kinda sucks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:24:20 PM EDT
[#36]
I love it up here..............exept for the 20 something below, like last night.......and all the liberal scum that move up here to escape the shithole they created...only to want to make here just like there!!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#37]
It's colder than whale shit here. Co-worker's car said it was -10 on the way in this morning
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#38]
I want to move, but I can't afford out-of-state tuition for Idaho. I'll have to wait until I get my "4-year" degree.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Describes me perfectly...  hunting for jobs now....
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#40]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#41]
I live in North Eastern Ohio.

Specifically outside of Youngstown.

... Take your guess. Nothing to do here, shitty weather and a violent area.

Only advantage is I have property.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Do not move to the Washington, DC metro area.

Not for love nor money.

This area flat sucks and gets worse with each passing year.

I am wheels up in 45 days (maybe less), and I can't wait.

I am heading home to Wyoming.

No career, no career prospects, and no family makes it an easy choice for me.

But I had to survive loosing my career, family and prospects first.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm in IL, does that answer your question ?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I really dislike living in California. I never wanted to live here. My wife and I are ready to leave, hopefully returning to Washington State in the next couple years.
View Quote

I'm sick of the Seattle area. Somewhere where there is lake effect snow.  I think that would be cool for a couple seasons.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#45]
I have always believed that I was meant to live somewhere in the Rocky Mountains but sadly I will live my entire life under the growing thumb of the commies in NY.
Twice I thought I was finally free but twice I was recalled. There will be no escape for me!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Im unhappy with my living conditions.  I like Colorado though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:36:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Describes me perfectly...  hunting for jobs now....
View Quote

My goal is to use the equity in my house to pay off my bullshit cc debt. Now that I'm 38 material things don't mean shit any more. All I need is a decent car, one or two firearms, my dags, my TV, and my grill. Less is better. I'm going to rent for a while. If I get sick of it I'll move somewhere else unless a woman comes along that sweeps my off my feet. I want to live closer to a city with more young people. This place is full of white trash and old people.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:36:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Yep. The only thing I like about Florida is the weather, we're stuck with our house though. The more I pay on it, the further down in value it seems to go.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:13:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#50]
I like the area I live in, it has been good for raising a family.  I would prefer to live closer to an ocean than the 5 hours it takes me now, but being close enough to where my daughter lives with her mother is far more important to me as of now.  Once she is grown up, I will take my rightful place in the salt air.  :)  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top