Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2003 11:10:49 PM EDT
Me and a buddy thinking ot using it to travel for a weekend just for kicks.  We are figuring from either NAS Willow Grove where we drill or MacGuire AFB which is 25 minutes away to NAS Pensacola or Jax and back.  His mom lives in ST Augustine which isn't very far from Jax IIAC and we could chill there.

Any advice?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#1]
If your schedule is tight, make sure you have money for a "real" flight back.

Sure hate to be UA just because you got bumped by Joe Sixpack on emergency leave.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:20:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Since i'm USNR schedule is not tight at all.  Figured it would be a cheap way to get out and see some of the world.  We were even thinking the same departure to North Island.  Sandiego is rumored to be "nice" year round.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:47:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Flying Space A into North Island sucks unless you have a buddy to pick you up.

Taxi cabs are banned from base and there is no base taxi service.

It's a long walk from the air terminal to the front gate.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:43:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I used to fly Space A from NAS Jax to North Island and back pretty often and never seemed to have a problem getting a seat. Jax and N. Island have a pretty well establish schedule for going to certain places. Just be sure to get the number for the passenger terminal or air freight - normally they have a recorded phone schedule for the next few days. I've also gone from Cherry Point N.C. to NAS Mirimar and the former MCAS El Toro witout a hitch. I remember running into a fellow in Pensecola who was on his way to Jax. He got on my flight that was going to N. Island because that flight was going to return to Jax the following day. Talk about taking the long way home.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top