Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2007 4:19:48 AM EDT
Think about it.  Zumbo simply criticizes "assault weapon" hunters.  (BTW I think he's an asshat, so let's get that straight.)  His career ceases to exist within a week.  Perhaps we should be pointing this out to our elected officials.  The same could happen to them if they vote this assinine bill into law.  That might shock them out of their seats!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:47:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the message is out there for all to see
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:04:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I just hope the Dems realize this could be their downfall for the next presidential election.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:48:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone else think this might be a good thing?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:53:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I definately do, although ending the guys career (If that so takes place) is a little harsh. The people in charge need to know that we mean business, it seems this website had alot to do with the downfall of zumbo , just as much or even more so than the NRA influence (I didn't even know NRA had a opinnion about it.)

Just as long as we could stay organized and everything, we could fight the brady type soccer moms that care about the "Children".

The first step in my opinnion would be getting the word "Assault Weapon" removed from the american language. Its the worst word possible to use to name my beloved AR15......I haven't assaulted anything with it, other than paper and the occasional varnmit.

Turn all our 9mm vs 45 vs 223 vs 7.62x39 into writing letters to media and the like. We could improve RKBA.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:55:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I think it was a good thing. I will have to say I was quite impressed by how swift justice was served via the internet. I was also happy to see so many willing to spend a few minutes posting their views on the Zumbo blog. This is what we need to be doing on all forums related to our interest.

See Washington Post thread below in this forum, post up. Some of the hunting forums also have the Washington post link and members are posting up RKBA replies.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:56:58 AM EDT
[#6]
No, it's a bad thing IMHO.  Jim Zumbo hurt the pro-2nd amendment movement IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:08:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The first step in my opinnion would be getting the word "Assault Weapon" removed from the american language. Its the worst word possible to use to name my beloved AR15......I haven't assaulted anything with it, other than paper and the occasional varnmit.

I agreed with you up until this point.

They can't remove the word ni**er from existance, "assault weapon" would be IMHO much harder.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:14:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, I think it is a "good thing" as a demonstration of the power that the pro gun, pro second amendment group has when they are united.

I also think that is a bad thing when a prominent, senior member of the shooting press harbors beliefs like Jim Zumbo.  I'm not sure if I believe him when he pleads ignorance of black rifles in varmint hunting.  I know he has to be aware of the incredible strides in range and accuracy made by black rifles service competition. No one in the shooting/hunting fraternity could be ignorant of the divide and conquer tactics of the anti-gun crowd or the firestorm that surrounded Bill Ruger's proposal to limit magazine capacity or Smith & Wesson's agreement with the anti-gun forces.

As people like Carolyn McCarthy sponsor another Assault Weapons ban more onerous than the first, maybe the "moderates" and the RINOs will look at the Zumbo incident and think twice about voting for more restrictions on law abiding citizens which is what the AWB really is.

Maybe Zumbo can write a second chapter in this story.  Hopefully, it will be one of redemption.  And for all those apologists out there who defended Zumbo, watch out! And that goes double for you Petzal.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:14:18 AM EDT
[#9]
To put it bluntly, the old guard of gun owners who couldn't even comprehend the fact that they were using the assault rifles of the early 1900s is dying off, and the new generation of shooters is being born in the age of the semi-automatic rifle.  This Sea-Change was bound to happen, and I think it has very little to do with hunting, and more to do with the type of guns that new converts to our hobby are interested in.  An interest in ARs naturally leads to an interest in not having them banned, and an unwillingness to have them sacrificed just to try to save the Mauser-type bolt action hunting rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top