Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2014 9:15:25 AM EDT
I saw these are being used for focus and thinking, even though they were made for narcolepsy, sleep apnea, etc.  I'm more intrigued by some of the video's and news specials I've seen on it's ability to help you think clearer, etc.  

Have you tried it?  Know anyone that has?  Results?  Warnings?  Side Effects?   How did you get it?  Any info you'd like to shed would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Turned me into Patrick Bateman but without the murderous thoughts.  

Went back to the stimulants.  All is better
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:32:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I have prescribed it a lot to patients for narcolepsy, MS, ADD, etc.  It works well without the cardiovascular risks of the amphetamine class of drugs.  I used to get samples and wanted to try it myself just to see what it was like.  The legality of that is in the grey zone so I never tried it.  But I have heard direct feedback from dozens and dozens of patients.  I don't recall anyone stopping it due to adverse reactions.  It's a pretty clean drug.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:38:06 AM EDT
[#3]
provigil....
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have prescribed it a lot to patients for narcolepsy, MS, ADD, etc.  It works well without the cardiovascular risks of the amphetamine class of drugs.  I used to get samples and wanted to try it myself just to see what it was like.  The legality of that is in the grey zone so I never tried it.  But I have heard direct feedback from dozens and dozens of patients.  I don't recall anyone stopping it due to adverse reactions.  It's a pretty clean drug.

View Quote

That's good to hear. My son has severe sleep disorders, reversed circadian rhythm disorder, narcolepsy, along with headaches and bone / back pain.

My ex dropped him from insurance and then my medicaid dropped him since he wasn't able to finish school and go to college at 18. He was prescribed it but it was so expensive we couldn't afford it. To know it doesn't have a lot of the risks with other alternatives is great. He was on some meds before but they made him feel much worse.

We're still in limbo on some things so we still can't completely address his health. Hopefully this year we will get it all straight.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I have taken Modalert (Modafinil) in the past whilst working on my thesis. At first I was like, this stuff sucks I feel no different.... and then I realised I had been working for the last 8 hours without a break....
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:56:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's good to hear. My son has severe sleep disorders, reversed circadian rhythm disorder, narcolepsy, along with headaches and bone / back pain.

My ex dropped him from insurance and then my medicaid dropped him since he wasn't able to finish school and go to college at 18. He was prescribed it but it was so expensive we couldn't afford it. To know it doesn't have a lot of the risks with other alternatives is great. He was on some meds before but they made him feel much worse.

We're still in limbo on some things so we still can't completely address his health. Hopefully this year we will get it all straight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's some BS right there
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Used Provigil/Nuvigil a few times, mainly for long car trips starting early in the morning or nights where I get NO sleep.

They keep me awake and alert enough to function, but I definitely know I haven't slept.  

They give me a funky feeling in my head, too.  Kinda like you feel when you have a bad sinus infection.

Otherwise, GTG.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's still ridiculously expensive.  I don't know if patent protection has run out yet, but even if it has it doesn't look like anyone else is making it yet.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's still ridiculously expensive.  I don't know if patent protection has run out yet, but even if it has it doesn't look like anyone else is making it yet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can get it cheaper from Europe

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Been taking Provigil for years on an as needed basis for sleep apnea. Really ticked me off that there was no generic available. My last refill though, generic at last, yay! It's made by Mylan and simply called Modafinil.

My doc was very liberal in allowing me to try all the different amphetamines out there. Didn't care for the speedy feelings, get none of that with Provigil/Modafinil.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top