Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 9:10:29 AM EDT

We saw this billboard on the way home yesterday, it said "Chicken 4 more years", or something like that. The point is, 4 more years is definately a nod to the president being re-elected for 4 more years. And if thats true, are they calling our president a chicken? Or are they implying that if we elect Bush we will have the choice of eating chicken over beef as their advertising campaign is well known for? Are they a pro or anti Bush company? Anyone know? or Care?

Damn im ready for this campaign to be over, Im reading shit into every little thing I see.

Now I'm craving some Chic-fil-a!

And in case this is a dupe, I'll throw in the customary IBTL.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#1]
i dont think either! but it would be hard to beleive they are not pro Bush considering it's founder is a born again christian
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#2]
No Chick-Fil-A today!  It is Sunday.  At least they let their employees off on Sunday, I applaud them for that.

I would think that is just because it is the political season and that is some kind of gimmick slogan of some sort.   I don't know if it would be smart to support any one cadidate or say the president is a chicken or the like.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:30:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Chik-Fil-A billboards are something that northerners really miss out on!

They come up with some really, really funny stuff!

I interpret the billboard you site as an endorsement for Mr. Bush.

But then again, I tend to view things through a conservative perspective
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No Chick-Fil-A today!  It is Sunday.

doh! I forgot about that! Thank you for reminding me before I found out the hard way.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:33:34 AM EDT
[#5]
They got alot of attention here in the DFW metroplex when someone stole a cow off of one of thier billboards. It was funny stuff. I always get a kick out of thier billboards as well.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I wouldn't be a bit surprise that the company endorse GWB Jr.

We have only 8 Chick-Fil-A stores in the So. Calif. area. It's in the Los Cerritos Center in Cerritos, Calif.

from the Chick-Fil-A web site:

Closed Sundays. It's part of the Chick-fil-A® recipe.

Admittedly, closing all of our restaurants every Sunday makes us a rarity in this day and age. But it's a little habit that has always served us well, so we're planning to stick with it.

Our founder, Truett Cathy, wanted to ensure that every Chick-fil-A employee and restaurant operator had an opportunity to worship, spend time with family and friends or just plain rest from the work week. Made sense then, still makes sense now.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top