Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 9:53:00 PM EDT
I heard it has kickass gunplay and it got good reviews, but was released in limited theaters for no good reason. I've been waiting to rent it, but Blockbuster only got it in on DVD. I guess it's time to buy a DVD player.  

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Worth a rent.  

Cool gun action, not the greatest, but watchable.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#2]
It is kinda antigov and got nixed by the 9/11 deal from what I heard.  I saw it the gunplay was good for a low(er) budget movie.  It had a lot of semi-big actors in it.  I liked it.  When it came out there was no good movies around so out of the crop it competed with(for 2 days) it was the best movie.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:39:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Another movie that got hurt by 9/11 was [i]Big Trouble[/i], starring Tim Allen and Rene Russo.  It absolutely died at the box office, but it is one of the funniest movies ever made.  I laughed myself sick in the theater.  I highly recommend that you rent the movie and read the novel (written by Dave Barry.)
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Equilibrium was cool. i'd rent it before you buy it though, might not be your thing.

Basically, a society has voluntarily drugged itself into oblivion to avoid *war* and are waging an extermination campaign against people that just say no.

Lots of silliness in the FREQUENT gun battles where one half of you is going "yeahrightsure" and the other is saying "Gosh, that was kinda cool though.."

i enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Rented it on your advice... I HATE the way this guy films gunfights though. I really prefer the Wachowski Bros style.

But it would be sweet if we actually had a shooting martial art.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top