Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/15/2005 4:10:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 5:09:33 PM EDT by Mattl]
Doom the movie starring the Rock? I would link to the trailer on Yahoo but I do not know how. Looks a tad cheesy but violent. Chainsaw included.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:25:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mattl:
Doom the movie starring the Rock? I would link to the trailer on Yahoo but I do not know how. Looks a tad cheesy but violent. Chainsaw included.

The Rock is a pussy.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:28:44 PM EDT
It is a remake of Resident Evil with a dude instead of a chick, and on Mars, not Earth.

They're butchering the shit out of games these days... They're also making Halo: The Movie
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:02:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By menefreghista:

The Rock is a pussy.

Yep.. Bill Goldberg is cool though.. That dude has an unstoppable appetite for kick ass cars..
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:02:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By leelaw:
It is a remake of Resident Evil with a dude instead of a chick, and on Mars, not Earth.

They're butchering the shit out of games these days... They're also making Halo: The Movie

Halo might actually be interesting it was a much better story line. Dooms storylin consisted of the door to hell was opened on mars thats it. CG and special effects will probably ruin both of these movies. Who is playing the MasterChief?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:04:30 PM EDT

Halo might actually be interesting it was a much better story line. Dooms storylin consisted of the door to hell was opened on mars thats it. CG and special effects will probably ruin both of these movies. Who is playing the MasterChief?

Story line don't mean anything in these game-to-movie projects. From what I've seen, the Doom movie doesn't appear to be at all about the door to hell, but genetic engineering gone wrong.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:08:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Langadune:

Story line don't mean anything in these game-to-movie projects. From what I've seen, the Doom movie doesn't appear to be at all about the door to hell, but genetic engineering gone wrong.

LINK TO TRAILER Yeah your right as far as I can see sad thing is the Game storylines are usually better.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:41:53 PM EDT

Booo! Stupid liberals in Hollywood just can't stand a straight Good vs. evil fight.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:29:34 PM EDT
The Pinky Demon is there, and the tagline is 'All Hell Breaks Loose". But then, there's the 'FPS' sequence in th trailer. I predict it will suck, and it will be bloody as hell, and I'll catch it on video.

The dressed up G36's look kinda neat, hope they do more than just automatic rifle fire.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:30:50 PM EDT
IBTMTTMF
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:34:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Burley:
IBTMTTMF

WTF?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:34:16 PM EDT

Halo might actually be interesting it was a much better story line. Dooms storylin consisted of the door to hell was opened on mars thats it. CG and special effects will probably ruin both of these movies. Who is playing the MasterChief? No idea. I think it should be by someone who does not take off their helmet, staying true to the game, and be voice acted by the same guy from the game.

Yup! Sounds familiar? Resident Evil, perhaps? (and that one sucked pretty hard..)
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:34:29 PM EDT
No Cyber demon?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:37:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 8:46:58 PM EDT by Mattl]

Originally Posted By distributor_of_pain:
No Cyber demon?

You have to save something from the trailer. Wasn't that Doom II though?

The Rock has managed to pick decent movies thus far so I have a glimmer of hope he will not be involved in a hatchetjob.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:48:07 PM EDT

IBTMTTMF

WTF?

IBTMTTMF]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:53:22 PM EDT

IBTMTTMF

WTF?

IBTMTTMF]

Did not know a movie forum existed. Mods if neccessary please.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:07:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 9:08:05 PM EDT by happycynic]

Yup! Sounds familiar? Resident Evil, perhaps? (and that one sucked pretty hard..)

BLASPHEMY!

Do NOT mock the training films. They could save your life.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:10:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By happycynic:

BLASPHEMY!

Do NOT mock the training films. They could save your life.

Shoot 'em in the head. Training done.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:52:40 PM EDT
id rather play the video game

and the trailer looks...incredibly....shitty
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:58:57 PM EDT
my question is what will the BFG look like?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:37:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 11:44:10 PM EDT by AR-15Fan]
I have very little faith in this movie not being a huge turd. With such low expectations though perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised. Not that "The Rock's" previous movies were terribly good, but they at least had a decent quality feel to them unlike most wrestler turned actor movies. We'll see if he picked a winner here or not...

Now Halo, I hold out much more hope for. The key is that the company Bungie that came up with/made the game is taking a large role in the whole process of making the movie like they did w/ the books and such. Bungie/Microsoft did not just sell the rights to make the movie and then go on their merry way, they remain firmly in the driver's seat on it. They did a GREAT job w/ the games' storylines IMO and the books were pretty darn good IMO, so I'm hoping the movie will also be good. They are supposedly getting to help pick directors, have final say on the script, etc, so this stands a good chance of not being another totally ruined game movie where the rights to the name/story were purchased and then butchered by some hack writer/director. They also made a comprehensive handbook on all the aliens and weapons and technologies to make sure there is no question and thus hopefully no room for the movie makers to majorly flub anything up along the way... We'll see, my hopes are high...

My main worry there is can they really do the Master Chief on screen worth a crap? I mean a guy in a clunky suit would probably look pretty gay, and CGI might look hokey. There's also the actor, you never see the Chief's face in the games, and I wonder if they'll go a similar way in the movie and pick a no-name actor and maybe never show him out of the suit either...
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:13:17 AM EDT
I could use a third resisdent evil with Milla.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:33:23 AM EDT
Doom

That game was a lot of fun because of all the mods you could make. I'll have to see the movie.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:55:44 AM EDT
ahhh, it looks like fun!!! i frigging LOVE that fps view!!! hahahahahaha it's a great touch for gamers! or trainees...
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:08:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By protozo1:
I could use a third resisdent evil with Milla.

Filming has either started or will shortly, saw a news blurb about it online the other day...
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:39:04 PM EDT
Top Top