Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 2:10:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Your post is the first I have seen of this item. I will admit to having a preconceived opinion of Burris and their quality,  it is not a product I would own willingly. (Good things not cheap, cheap things not good).

Furthermore, having an all-in-one rangefinder / rifle scope does not particularly appeal to me.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Burris pistol scope and I'm not too thrilled about the metal finishing part. The optics are pretty good though.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought Swarovski made a laser rangefinding scope as well. I would like such an item.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:19:17 PM EDT
[#6]
kick ass, i had a thread a couple weeks ago wondering if anyone made an item like this, and the response i got was not for less than several thousand dollars.  any idea what the MSRP will be?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
kick ass, i had a thread a couple weeks ago wondering if anyone made an item like this, and the response i got was not for less than several thousand dollars.  any idea what the MSRP will be?

I have no clue but it looks like it might be a really bright scope.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:24:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$859.99 In my new Midway catalog.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Big bucks for a Burris
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Big bucks for a Burris

It was in the "Late Additions" section so that may just be a MSRP. Eventually, they may pop up for less on the internet sales sites.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I have the Swarovski LRS. The Burris looks very similar in design and the specs are almost identical. I would bet that Burris bought the patent rights from Swarovski after they quit making it and put their lower dollar glass in it. The Burris is around $1400 $900 vs the $4000+ Swarovski. Mine is a pretty bulky scope with awesome glass- the RF works out to a 1000 yds. I have on a varmit AR and most people who have tried it out say that despite its ungainly size, the scope is pretty neat.

I don't know if the Burris works the same but the really neat part is that Swarovski either has or can custom make the ballistic elevation knob for your gun and all you have to do it range the target and turn the ele knob to the correct yardage- it takes about 5 seconds to correct for range with that scope. It blows a mildot away as far as speed and accuracy, IMO.

www.gunaccessories.com/Swarovski/LaserRangefindingScope/index.asp
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Burris makes good scopes. High quality optics. Resonable price.

Whats not to like?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=114604
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#14]
They're pricing their long range stuff comparable to the VXII line from Leupold. Is the quality the same? Resale value sure isn't going to be.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Identical Bushnell scope

I have the new Midsouth Shooters Supply spring 2006 catalog.

I was looking for it on their website but couldn't find it.
Looked on Yahoo!... couldn't find it.
Looked on Bushnell.com... couldn't find it.

Anyone know anything about this scope?

It's got a "new" 4-12x43mm Laser Rangefinder Riflescope

Riflescope Specs
-Fully multi-coated optics
- 100% waterproof and fogproof.
- 3.5" eye relief
- Windage and elevation click value .25
- Mil-dpt reticle
25.3oz

Rangefinder Specs
- 32-766 Yards/Meter Range
- +/- One Yard Accuracy
- Stands and SCAN modes
- Wireless trigger pad
- Operate on 2AAA batteries
- Bullet Drop Compensation turrets

$469.99

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:47:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Looks like Zeiss is making one too... a bit more on the price side though.

NEW: ZEISS Victory Diarange 3 - 12 x 56 T*    
with Laser Rangefinder  

Enlarge

Hunting in unknown areas, in foreign countries or in the mountains often require shots at distances that are clearly longer than at home. The ammunition used and its ballistic data result in deviations in the point of impact that are not negligible and must be corrected. Therefore, knowing the range to the target is vital for a clean shot and successful hunting.

The Victory Diarange 3-12x56 T* with integrated laser rangefinder from Carl Zeiss is a new riflescope that delivers not only excellent optical performance and mechanical sturdiness, but also the precise range to the target at the push of a button. The ease of use makes it possible to react quickly - with the weapon in a firing position within a fraction of a second - even when unexpected hunting situations occur.

Start of delivery:
April 2006: Germany, Austria, Switzerland
June 2006: Worldwide without USA
August 2006: USA

Froma flyer from Shot Show 2006:

Zeiss
Ask any guide: most hunters are lousy judges of distance. That's one reason sales of laser range finders are so strong. But often hunters simply don't have the time to put down their binoculars, pick up a range finder and then acquire the target in their riflescope. Zeiss seeks to make things a whole lot simpler through its new Vicotory Diarange M 3-12x56 T* Laser Range-Finding Riflescope. The range finder takes only half a second to establish distance and the eye never leaves the ocular lens. It's accurate out to 999yards and has been designed from simple, fast and accurate operation, ene in low-light situations. The scope uses a rail-monting system and offers four different illluminated reticles. Available in August2006. SRP: $4,350

I don't need it... but damned if I don't want one.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#17]
looks like everyone is following in suit after swarovski.

swarovski made one a while back that was super expensive if I recall..... $4,000 I believe......
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:50:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
looks like everyone is following in suit after swarovski.
swarovski made one a while back that was super expensive if I recall..... $4,000 I believe......

Got a link or anything?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#19]
A frickin Laser???
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#20]
http://www.gunaccessories.com/Swarovski/LaserRangefindingScope/index.asp

I think Nikon or Tasco or someone else had released one a while back that went to 400 yards or something. I know this one goes to 600.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Holy shit those are expensive
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:00:31 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Holy shit those are expensive

yup. zeiss will be more expensive, but looks like it'll be better quality than the swarovski.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:04:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
A frickin Laser???

No sharks included
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I had the idea to deveop a rangefinding scope a couple of years ago. The people I talked to about getting the ball rolling on design and development...thought I was insane and it wouldn't be commercially viable. Go figger!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A frickin Laser???

No sharks included

Damn! My hopes were up for a minute or two.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top