Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 6:27:51 AM EDT
Link

Sounds like it could be a cool movie. I like when a time travel movie deals, in great depth, with the consequences of action/reaction with past/present. It's cool to see how one small thing can effects so much.

Ever been driving on the highway and come up on an accident and wonder to yourself, "If I hadn't done a certain thing before leaving the hosue that would have allowed me to leave sooner, like eat breakfast, would I have left just enough earlier that I would have been in that accident?"

Every action has a reaction.

The only thing I wonder about with this movie is they seem to focus on accidentally killing something that wasn't supposed to die, in one case a butterfly. They go back in time to hunt dinosaurs with the understanding that dinosaurs are going to die anyway so I shoudl have no "ripple effect" on future events. They accidentally kill a butterfly which apparently would have lived and done whatever in the evolutionary timeline.

Well, my question is, unless they go back at the exact moment the dinosaur is supposed to die then they can change things by just the opposite reason as the story's plot. Instead of accidentally killing a butterfly, they are preventing the dinosaurs from doing what they're "supposed" to do until they die naturally. So what if that dino they shoot was supposed to step on a few butteerflies or bugs or killed another dino that would have eaten some bugs, etc., but didn't because it was killed before it could... wouldn't that have just as many adverse effects?

The idea of the story can certainly make you think a lot about cause and effect.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Apparently, they send team #1 back to watch for dino death.  When they observe, it, team 2, the hunting team, is sent to just before, and the team makes the hunter shoot only the dino that is soon to be dead.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#2]
It's opening here tomorrow. Will take the misus to see how it is.

For those of you who are fans of TV series like the Twilight Zone, Night Gallery etc. Do you recall a very similar / if not the same, episode!?! My wife tells me that the executive producer (or was it the writer of the movie) is the same person who created the series.

It's practically the same story. Hunters from the future goes back to the past. Shit happens and somebody steps on _______ . When they come back to their present day, things have changed! And the episode ends on that note.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:51:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's opening here tomorrow. Will take the misus to see how it is.

For those of you who are fans of TV series like the Twilight Zone, Night Gallery etc. Do you recall a very similar / if not the same, episode!?! My wife tells me that the executive producer (or was it the writer of the movie) is the same person who created the series.

It's practically the same story. Hunters from the future goes back to the past. Shit happens and somebody steps on _______ . When they come back to their present day, things have changed! And the episode ends on that note.  

I believe it was on the Raybradbury theater with the episode of the same name as the movie.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:32:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Path.

Saw the movie awhile ago. I didn't really like it. The computer animation was poorly done. It needed more depth and realism.  The acting was not great either.

Pity because they had a good concept going on.

If it costs less to buy the DVD than watching it in the theatres there, then just wait for the DVD to come out.

[ETA: their guns looked "ghey" too]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The movie is a disaster so far.
From what I understand they ran out of money during the production.  So they had to use cheaper than normal Effects, Effects that most of the PS experts here could probably do on their days off.

And it shows.

After so much anticipation the movie is one of the biggest disappointments this season.

If they had kept to the original story line it would have been much better.  But then they Hollyweirded it to the point ….

Well, you tell me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top