Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 4:25:57 AM EDT
I was just wondering how long a wait I have until I hear something. I sent in my application for a type 01 FFL on Thursday 3-2-06, and see that they charged my credit card on Monday 3-6-06. The ATF website says 4-8 weeks.....I hope it doesn't take that long!!!! The wait is almost as bad as waiting for a stripped lower or a parts kit!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
For those that are interested:

I had my interview Monday 3-27-06, and things went well. The investigator said he saw no reason to deny my application and said I should recieve my license in the mail in 3-4 WEEKS. hock.gifhat
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn!!!!!!!!!!  I mailed my application in back in January, they cashed the check several days later and I haven't heard ANYTHING yet.

This sucks now.

Good for you though!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC...I read somewhere that they have to make a decision in 60 days, but PLEASE don't quote me on that!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
For those that are interested:

I had my interview Monday 3-27-06, and things went well. The investigator said he saw no reason to deny my application and said I should recieve my license in the mail in 3-4 WEEKS. That's good news, but the wait is KILLING me!!

Do they actually do an in person interview now?  When I got my FFL back in 1993 they just did a phone interview.  I am considering getting my FFL again and am curious about the interview process.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:08:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I had an in-person interview at my proposed place of business. A few basic questions about your proposed business operation, and a review of the regulations. It took about 1 1/2 hours total. I was a bit nervous before the interview, but the investigator I talked to was a really nice guy. Nothing too difficult about it. YMMV
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:47:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Sent February 6, nothing at all yet.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Not to be a thread hijacker or anything, but what is the process.  I am thinking about it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not to be a thread hijacker or anything, but what is the process.  I am thinking about it.

Start here:www.atf.gov/firearms/index.htm

Or here:www.atf.gov/firearms/nlc/index.htm

Happy reading!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:43:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I got an interesting piece of mail today from NLC in Atlanta GA. I opened it and it's a type 1 FFL!!! The other day at my interview, he told me 3-4 weeks.......maybe he said 3-4 days??? Oh well, it's here..........WOO HOO!!!  34 days including weekends.....anybody wanna buy a gun?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#10]
When I got my FFL (early 80's) I filled out a piece of paper that required my name, address and phone number.  As I recall a $30 or $90 check.  No phone interview, no visit.  Got my FFL a month or two later.  Things, of course, have changed considerably since then!

Michael
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#12]
yep just got a 10 to go with the 07.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:13:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I got an interesting piece of mail today from NLC in Atlanta GA. I opened it and it's a type 1 FFL!!! The other day at my interview, he told me 3-4 weeks.......maybe he said 3-4 days??? Oh well, it's here..........WOO HOO!!!  34 days including weekends.....anybody wanna buy a gun?

What are your prices?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Still waiting, sent it in Feb 6.  Sent an email to BATFE and they say they have the application and it is at a local office being "processed" whatever that means.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top