Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 3:56:25 AM EDT
...death could make him an even more powerful motivator for his supporters.

Well, that's one way to look at it.

His "obituary" - fuckers are lionizing this POS

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/2011/05/20115251555423645.html

OBL picture gallery - "life and times."  WTF.

http://english.aljazeera.net/photo_galleries/centralsasia/20115263635188131.html

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:57:49 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:09:31 AM EDT
[#2]
his obituary should read:       you fucked with the wrong country and now your dead,
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:10:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Its ok, Its "Real News"
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:12:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I just checked that out. I find it odd to give him an 'obit'??

No comments left, or they removed them?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:14:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Its ok, Its "Real News"

was just going to post this myself.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:21:13 AM EDT
[#6]
MSNBC is jealous
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:25:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
his obituary should read:       you fucked with the wrong country and now your dead,

Seeing as how it took us nearly ten years, thousands of American lives, and hundreds of billions of dollars to get him... I don't think we should be trumpeting too loudly.  All they have to do is pick one more guy out of a cave or mud hut, call him "the new bin-Laden", and let us go nuts trying to find and kill him, too.  We'll run out of time and patience and money long before they run out of figurehead martyrs.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:09:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seeing as how it took us nearly ten years, thousands of American lives, and hundreds of billions of dollars to get him... I don't think we should be trumpeting too loudly.  All they have to do is pick one more guy out of a cave or mud hut, call him "the new bin-Laden", and let us go nuts trying to find and kill him, too.  We'll run out of time and patience and money long before they run out of figurehead martyrs.

+1

Hence why the members of SEAL Team 6 are planning their next op. There's going to be someone else to replace Bin Laden.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:13:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point.  Al Quida is a different type of snake.

You cut the head off, it grows a new head, just as poisonous as the old one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:17:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Everything is a two-edged sword, with both pro's and con's.

When he remained alive, he was still the head of AQ.  But he could not use a cell phone, or landline, or wire money, or use any of the other command or control tools most leaders rely on.  His visibility and "sought after" status was actually a millstone around AQ's neck, making him a barrier to fast and effective command and control.  Killing him will not only make him even more idolized to some, but also removes that barrier.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:29:32 AM EDT
[#11]
One man's villain is another man's hero.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top