Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2002 10:38:48 AM EDT
I was thinking about buying the Microsoft flight sim or the pro version It would be kinda neat to try a differnt game style out I normaly only play stratigy and FPS games... The price is a little high but Is it pritty goood? realism OK?
What happens when I wreak is it cool?
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The MS Flight sim is a great program and it is worth every penny. Don't waste your money on the Pro version you will have enough to do with the regular version. It is a flight sim and not a shoot em up. If you are looking for something in between try MS combat flight sim's they are great fun and much easier to get started.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got microsoft flight sim 2000. I love it. It's quite realistic. I jsut haven't had time to paly lately. IF you're interested, i'd be willing to get rid of it.. I've got the original book for it and the original CD's.

Let me know..

You definitly have to get a force feedback joystick for it. It's jsut not the same with a dead stick or a keyboard
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 7:05:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd recommend you stay away from Combat Flight Simulator 3, atleast for the time being.
A few players with "normal"/average computers can get acceptable performance, but quite a few have big problems. For example one who has a P4 2.53Ghz @ 3Ghz, 1Gb PC2700 RAM, GeForce Ti4600, and with graphics on max, he's only getting 20-30fps...
I'd "borrow" it from a friend (or the internet) and try it out before spending my money on it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top