Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2009 10:47:44 PM EDT
Who where when how much and website?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't think he is a member, but you never know.  Can't find the thread right now......

http://www.deermountainforge.com/
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a guy with a screen name here of Damascus_Knifemaker. LOL
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 11:07:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I have made a few.. None that I sell. No pics right now but I could take some.

My first was made from bar stock. The other 2 I made from crane cable (wire rope) from the gantry cranes at work. The wire rope ones come out real nice. Good thing about them is you don't need to track down different steels. You start out with a short section of wire rope (1 1/2" dia in my case) and as you heat and hammer weld the outer "shell" of each strand in the cable pulls in carbon. A good heat source, some flux and a big fukin hammer is all it really takes. Shitty thing is you can't really tell how it will look until the very end when you etch the steel...
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 11:27:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a guy with a screen name here of Damascus_Knifemaker. LOL

DamascusKnifemaker often posts in our Nevada HTF
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top