Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 6:39:56 PM EDT
Me, I smoked cigarettes for several years, but cigars are just "bleh" to me. Maybe its because my first cigar I thought you inhale em so I ended up puking later , or maybe its just because the smoke is so think and kinda irritates my skin, but for some reason I'm not a fan. I've tried what people refer to as good, bad and a few in betweens and none of them have peeked my interest
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:41:08 PM EDT
They pique my interest.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:41:25 PM EDT
arent you suppose to flush those things?.....
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:41:51 PM EDT
turn your man card in...
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:12:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Lefthandpath:
Me, I smoked cigarettes for several years, but cigars are just "bleh" to me. Maybe its because my first cigar I thought you inhale em so I ended up puking later , or maybe its just because the smoke is so think and kinda irritates my skin, but for some reason I'm not a fan. I've tried what people refer to as good, bad and a few in betweens and none of them have peeked my interest

They make FINE targets for precision shooting practice!

And that's the best use I can see for them.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:55:10 PM EDT
I don't really consider myself a smoker, but every now and then. Not for a while though, last one kicked my ass.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:56:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2008 9:59:57 PM EDT by Kalahnikid]
Rocky Patel 1992 for the motherfucking win.

ETA: Pipes are good too, but the new Fire safe cigarettes that have to be sold in Illinois now taste like asshole.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:59:53 PM EDT
Volcano Hawaiians are a nice change of pace. However Romeo Y Julietta's are fine as are Cuentas.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:01:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2008 10:03:06 PM EDT by omega62]
I like cigars.

I just don't like the shit-colored phlegm they cause my throat to secrete.

EDIT: I have a cigar in my mouth in this avatar but it is hard to see. Can see better if you click on my "user info" button (better picture).
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:05:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2008 10:05:37 PM EDT by stealbear]
What cigar do you smoke?

The difference between a bad cigar and a good one is the same as those little Ramen noodle "beef" chunks and a high quality Rib Eye.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:12:32 PM EDT
Nope. I don't smoke anything. Nor do I have any desire to.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:16:19 PM EDT
I've smoked maybe two in my life. I'd be curious to try a good one now and actually figure out how to smoke it properly, etc. There are a bunch of cigar smokers here aren't there?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:17:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Billmanweh:
There are a bunch of cigar smokers here aren't there?

We even managed to get our own forum!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:17:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By stealbear:
What cigar do you smoke?

The difference between a bad cigar and a good one is the same as those little Ramen noodle "beef" chunks and a high quality Rib Eye.

True, quite true. Nothing like a cheapshit cigar to ruin the experience.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:18:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:

seriously? I'll have to check that out.

sometimes at night I'm out on the back porch watching my dogs play and I think a cigar might be fun. next thing you know I'll be drinking scotch.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:19:10 PM EDT
i can haz marlboro? i can haz camel?

then i can haz fuk you!!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:20:41 PM EDT

I've smoked maybe two in my life. I'd be curious to try a good one now and actually figure out how to smoke it properly, etc. There are a bunch of cigar smokers here aren't there?

If you want to learn how to smoke one properly, then DO NOT use a lighter to light it, like some fools do.

The proper way to light a cigar is with a wooden match.

Using a butane lighter to light a cigar is like farting into a champagne bottle before you pour a drink from it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:21:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By omega62:

If you want to learn how to smoke one properly, then DO NOT use a lighter to light it, like some fools do.

Using a butane lighter to light a cigar is like farting into a champagne bottle before you pour a drink from it.

LOL I have to ask, why would it matter how you light it?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:21:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:

seriously? I'll have to check that out.

sometimes at night I'm out on the back porch watching my dogs play and I think a cigar might be fun. next thing you know I'll be drinking scotch.

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=143
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:23:18 PM EDT
Used to smoke cigars weekly... then quit smoking altogether. Gotta take care of the ol ticker.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:23:42 PM EDT
i don't like to smoke 'em, but i don't mind if someone around me is.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:25:51 PM EDT
Only when the skeeters are really bad ,can't stand cigs.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:31:47 PM EDT
I'm a cigarette smoker and I have a hard time not inhaling cigar smoke, just doesn't work for me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:32:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By stealbear:
What cigar do you smoke?

To hell if I can remember the names. Some where from different cigar smokers I knew. Not just casual cigar smokers either, one of them had a humidor built into his wall
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:34:00 PM EDT
I've been a cigarette smoker twice in my life, quit cold turkey 20+ years ago and have no interest.

But I still likes me an occasional cigar.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:35:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By omega62:

LOL I have to ask, why would it matter how you light it?

I've heard people say that before and always wondered why.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:48:13 PM EDT
I absolutely LOVE cigars, but i refuse to smoke them anymore. I get the worst soar throat known to man if i do. That alone keeps me away.

Ironically, drinking beer gives me the worst hangover known to man, but i still drink the stuff. I just pick and choose my battles.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:50:36 PM EDT
Jeez, I have tried to like them... They look so good when smoked. But they taste like burning tires...
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:53:31 PM EDT
smoke them no, but LOVE they way some smell while being burned. My grandpa used to smoke a pipe, loved the smell of that too.

However, kissing someone who has just smoke a cigar (or pipe) is enough to make me gag *blah*
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:08:19 PM EDT
Cigars are one of life's great pleasures.

As far as lighting them goes, a problem arises when cheap butane is burned and the flame and associated pollution inhaled into the cigar.

Using good clean butane and a reasonable technique, the cigar will not suffer any ill effects.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:24:50 PM EDT
I enjoy the occasional cigar.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:26:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Skillshot:
They pique my interest.

+1
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:25:32 AM EDT
I was cured of cigarettes and cigars as a child. Growing up in the southwest, I'd be trapped in my mother's car in hot weather while she smoked her cigs. You should see my chest x-rays from the chronic pneumonia caused by that.

Worse was visiting my grandfather in New York city every summer. He smoked cigars like he was eating jelly beans from the desktop candy jar. I can't count the number of times I opened the window of his car to projectile vomit on the car in traffic next to me. I loved Grandpa Tom, but he never got the clue.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:31:41 AM EDT
If I've been without cigarettes long enough I might try to bum one from somebody, but for the fun of it? Hell no.

I don't mind the smell of them (my Grandaddy used to smoke them) but I can't smoke them.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:20:08 AM EDT
Never really got into them, then again I'm young so there's always room for a new habit.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:35:32 AM EDT
Love them.

For a first time smoker, you might try Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur . It is a mild Cigar with plenty of flavor (kind of a creamy, nutty flavor), and almost always well made, with a good draw, and appealing to the eye. Reasonably priced, too.

My regular smokes are La Gloria Cubana Serie R, and Partagas Black Label.
I also like the Punch Gran Puro after it has had a chance to sit in my humidor for a few months.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:40:11 AM EDT
I made it 43 years with out smoking anything. Maybe after my next 43 years I'll take up cigars.
Top Top